Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So there are a few key things I wanted to highlight from scripture that I think point to the future of faith in general. First the world is said to be going to be self-centered, in other words it will increase. This is the first sign that the flesh is wearying as described by Jesus when He said "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" and again "if the age were not shortened, no flesh would survive". Self-centered people are easily distracted, not as intelligent, repetitive in a meaningless way and even poor in insight. They are easily made mad (very easily).

Second with reference to believers, it is said they will have itching ears, it is said specifically that they have it, but we can easily discern that it will increase since faith comes by hearing. This is because every doctrine they hear will be slightly different to every other doctrine and they will not seek a pattern or better yet God's will in this. People with itching ears are flippant, dismissive, argumentative and even bitter. They easily reject someone on the basis of something that they have not given proper thought to or reasoned with.

Third with reference to believers a second time, they will be betrayed. Jesus said "even the elect may be made to stumble". Again it is easy to discern that this will increase, though naturally because God desires to preserve the Church it will largely come to a head during the tribulation, as an example to future generations. Betrayed people are angry, contemptible, quarrelsome and even full of strife and great bitterness and malignancy and even even hate. Betrayed people are to be avoided at all costs, even the Devil questions whether it is God's will that he should come against them to test them. Remember this.

Fourth with reference to the world again, they will be false. As those that are betrayed and unrepentant fall away, so the Church will be beset by those that seek advantage, who read the signs of the times for a moment and then sneak in "as wolves" as Jesus said, having hearts of darkness, poisonous lips, churlish demeanours and even faithless words. Such people are blind and lead the blind into a ditch. The strength of the Church is not in them, though they appear to do its will by adding numbers to them, though without conviction (which only the Holy Spirit can give - let the reader take very, very careful note).

So we see that as this next Age of the Holy Spirit progresses a darkness will sweep through the Church from the world through the Church and back to the world again, confirming what Jesus said that "a snare is coming upon the Earth" and "the night is coming in which no man can work". These things are not exclusive interpretations of such scriptures of course, I do not pretend that the echoes of scripture do not ring true at one time or another, I merely mean that the present interpretation is usefully applicable to an Age which will last 2000 years, but also in another sense I suppose that this test of the world is sure for all of the Ages of the Witnesses of the Earth, confirming Jesus' words that "every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt, everyone will be tested with fire".

So from this we can be sure that the Church will object to the work of the Holy Spirit, the world will seek to do His will in its own strength and give up or turn against the Church and then the Church will either object to the work of the Holy Spirit, His Name, or His way. These things are not an end in themselves how ever, as Jesus said "these things must come but the end is not yet". We must take heart that if we are faithful we will be comforted. It only remains to witness and witness greatly.

I hope this has brought some clarity to your expectations at the very least.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Gottservant, you said this:

"Second with reference to believers, it is said they will have itching ears, it is said specifically that they have it, but we can easily discern that it will increase since faith comes by hearing."

Let's look at that passage in context and see if it says that. The passage is 2 Timothy 4:3, 4:
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

Are you seeing the contrast Gottservant? They ARE NOT CHRISTIANS AT ALL!

Upvote 0