Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I saw it. Boy, what a way to end your career...

He didn't even go to get his medal and I saw one of the people giving out the medals take the last remaining 2nd place medal, roll it up, and put it in his pocket. Actualy, it's sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Ok I can't believe I'm getting sucked into a soccer discussion. I'm going to need a shower. Anyway, yeah I agree with the above post(#11). I mean holy crap - you wade through a month of games and it comes down to what is essentially a field goal contest. Let 'em fight it out on the field. Conditioning is part of the deal - play til you drop or someone scores a real goal.

Upvote 0

Ashur

Jul 7, 2006
✟15,395.00
Faith
Christian
Douger said:
They sure earned it. I'm glad for them. Who here saw the way Zidane got sent off? That was something.

From what we know here, and what I saw on the Camera, the guy held Zidane by behind in his arms, and told him he was a terrorist (Zidane has Algerian origins)

I still think France deserved to win, they leaded the game from the second period on...Plus Patrick Vierra left the game due to his leg, and Zidane kicked out, it gave breathing space to the Italians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bammertheblue

Veteran
Feb 10, 2006
Washington, DC
✟10,377.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ashur said:
From what we know here, and what I saw on the Camera, the guy held Zidane by behind in his arms, and told him he was a terrorist (Zidane has Algerian origins)

I still think France deserved to win, they leaded the game from the second period on...Plus Patrick Vierra left the game due to his leg, and Zidane kicked out, it gave breathing space to the Italians.

I didn't see that. Actually I didn't see any of the overtime:( If that's true that's awful. Stuff like that should not be a part of sports. You still shouldn't head-butt people, but still.

I was cheering for France too! I've been annoyed with Italy ever since that crap victory over Australia. Boo!

Upvote 0

Ashur

Jul 7, 2006
✟15,395.00
Faith
Christian
HeyHomie said:
How did Zidane even understand what the Italian guy was saying to him? Does Zidane speak Italian? Does the Italian guy speak French?

Sacrebleu!

Oh and by the way: :clap: Italy! :clap:

Zidane played for the Juventus of Turin during 5 years, I think he must understand italian fairly well...

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
The Italian guy was grabbing him and then followed him around taunting him, I'll bet it felt good to knock him down like that but still...:(

France definetely played better in the second half, they made Italy look like Ukraine (apologies to any Ukrainian fans) But I say Italy deserved to win because of the penalty kick France got at the beginning. The video replays show that the guy was not fouled but they got the kick anyhow. If it hadn't been for that, Italy would have won before extra time.
I still wish they had a golden goal option there. That game could've gone on for hours. Better than letting it end in penalty kicks I say.

Ok I can't believe I'm getting sucked into a soccer discussion. I'm going to need a shower. Anyway, yeah I agree with the above post(#11). I mean holy crap - you wade through a month of games and it comes down to what is essentially a field goal contest. Let 'em fight it out on the field. Conditioning is part of the deal - play til you drop or someone scores a real goal.
There's a lot to be desired in the way the World Cup is played. Sometimes I think it's about as credible as the WWF ;)

Upvote 0

YoungJoonKim

Dec 8, 2005
✟9,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The problem is the forwards wear down a lot faster than the goalies. In the end you've got a bunch of zombies playing against 2 perky goalies.

HAHA!
Yes..it would make World Cup look like amature game, no offense..

well, I was surprised to see France beating Brazil and I thought,
"VIVE LA FRNCE!"
would occur for this soccer..

instead, outcome was,
"VIVE(a) ITALY!" (right way?)

French defense was intense and did much better than Italy overall.
I think French had more possession rate right?

Despite of that, they would have lost faster* without penalty kick.

French in this tournment was..lucky and good :p

I'm still sad that no Asian team made it to final..and I found some racism by referees also..towards Asians (Unlike last World Cup)

Upvote 0