Nov 22, 2007
✟24,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm thinking of buying a KJV that doesn't have the italics in it like the other KJV bibles do. Does anyone have a KJV without the italics and if so do you like it or not? What are the pro and cons of such a Bible? All others are welcome to post their opinion as well. A description of the Bible is here. And I'm thinking of buying it from here. And is made here.

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm thinking of buying a KJV that doesn't have the italics in it like the other KJV bibles do. Does anyone have a KJV without the italics and if so do you like it or not? What are the pro and cons of such a Bible? All others are welcome to post their opinion as well. A description of the Bible is here. And I'm thinking of buying it from here. And is made here.

That looks like a good Bible. (I don't remember seeing italics in mine)

KJV is an excellent translation as long as you take the time to learn the 16th century dialect.

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I have never seen a KJV (or NKJV) without italics as they are included for a very good reason which has been highlighted above.

That said I would get a NKJV or a KJV any day of the week as I do not believe in unicorns (mentioned six times therefore not easily dismissable).

Steve

Upvote 0