• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

It wouldn't happen to the Koran

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by PassthePeace1, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PassthePeace1

PassthePeace1 CARO CARDO SALUTIS

+643
    Catholic
    Married
    It wouldn't happen to the Koran: Pope attacks Glasgow art gallery's invitation to vandalise a Bible

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1202632/Pope-attacks-art-vandalising-Bible.html#ixzz0MZRZeeQG

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. MoNiCa4316

MoNiCa4316 Totus Tuus

+1,563
    Catholic
    Private
    very sad :(

but I'm proud of our Holy Father! :thumbsup: :clap:

3. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+2,305
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Those who perpetrated this event, wouldn't do it with the Koran, because they know they'd be hunted down and killed.

Jim

4. Y_Cathol

Y_Cathol Ego Sum Servus Iesu Christi - I am an exile.

+75
    Catholic
    Single
    You know, My grandmother before she died had taught me to never even put anything on TOP of my Bible, so much respect she had...

I find that highly disrespectful that they'd do things like that, and that people would partake.

I'm glad the Pope spoke out.

5. PassthePeace1

PassthePeace1 CARO CARDO SALUTIS

+643
    Catholic
    Married
  6. Memento Mori

Memento Mori Guest

+0
    Why do you hang around here just to make sarcastic comments? Are you a former Catholic? :confused:

7. elliott95

elliott95 JESUS PRAISER

+192
    Catholic
    Private
    Islam is the religion of peace.

8. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

+1,689
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    You know, I'd like to know this myself. :scratch:

9. elliott95

elliott95 JESUS PRAISER

+192
    Catholic
    Private
    Pope Benedict's measured response is fitting of the religion that he represents, and the response of the jihadists is fitting to the spiritual forces that they are serving as well.

Is the failure to differentiate between the two responses a fitting reflection of where you are at in your own particular faith journey, or is it just politically expedient for you to lump all religious responses into the same basket?

10. seeker777

seeker777 Thinking is not a sin.

+93
    Seeker
    Private
    Can one be a former Catholic or is one a Catholic forever?

A veteran member on a hardcore Catholic forum ( 1ke) has this to say...

'You are a Catholic forever. As I said, ontologically baptism imparts a character to your soul.

So, yes, if you are baptized a Catholic you are always Catholic.'

:crossrc:

When someone leaves a comment on a public forum, indicating that they believe a person would be willing to murder another who disrespects their Holy Book...then yes, I'm going to make a point of responding to such a comment.

I have the distinct impression, that only like minded posts are appreciated around here.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  11. seeker777

+93
    Seeker
    Private
    It still, generally speaking, reflects very poorly on religion and belief in God. In that people are willing to slaughter each other over a lack of respect shown to a book.

Neither.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  12. Memento Mori

Memento Mori Guest

+0
    At the risk of encouraging the idea that thinking is viewed as sin, what is appreciated is when people can discuss current events in the context of their beliefs without being hindered by challenges to those beliefs. People don't go to Comic Con eager to defend their interests, and people post here expecting that certain things are agreed upon for the sake of conversation. At least, that's my observation.

13. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    Apostates are not in communion with the Church and excommunicates are also not in the Church.
    Confession [with a contrite heart] can mend the problems. But remember contrite is the healer.

When one is far away from a relationship with God due to sin, the grace one can obtain is distant until the relationship is healed by humility and desire to be near God again and crave the graces.

ANYWAY - PassthePeace - this is horrible.
    Defacing the Bible to write themselves back in wont work, especially in light of what i just said.

Contrition peeps...contrition. Not disobedience and dissidence.

:hug: to the Pope.
    Always the voice of Christianity.

14. elliott95

elliott95 JESUS PRAISER

+192
    Catholic
    Private
    The boorish lack of respect of books that are held in such high esteem by religious people reflects very poorly on the irreligious. Consider how many religious people that the irreligious have been willing to slaughter over lack of respect for the Almighty State, or how listless and banal a life must be that it gains fulfillment by provoking the peaceful.

The lack of respect for a book is one thing. The lack of purpose that leads the listless and the bored to become so engaged is indicative of lives that have been debased to something lower than animals.

Neither. Nothing. Nada.

I agree precisely that this is where you are not at.

Nihilism.

15. elliott95

elliott95 JESUS PRAISER

+192
    Catholic
    Private
    I personally am very much in agreement that scripture should be tested with a whole host of scientific, literary and historical criticisms.

The blasphemous are actually so pathetically a part of the culture of death that they have no future anyways.

The problem with Islam is not that so many will hunt down and kill the perversely blasphemous— who are all but spiritually dead anyways— but that they will hunt down and kill and imprison,and torture, and maim and terrorize any scholar that dares analyze their scripture in ways not to their liking.

16. elliott95

elliott95 JESUS PRAISER

+192
    Catholic
    Private
    Seek, seeker.
    Seek and ye shall find.

Or just read what has already been posted. People that get their jollies by scrawling blasphemies across the Bible really, really, really need to get a life.

17. elliott95

elliott95 JESUS PRAISER

+192
    Catholic
    Private
    What is more miserable than a drunk?

Don't believe me? Just give it ten hours.

Not a lot of insight there, Georgie.

18. seeker777

+93
    Seeker
    Private
    I actually agree with you.

19. elliott95

elliott95 JESUS PRAISER

+192
    Catholic
    Private
    I tend to be a very reasonable sort of person.
    There is no reason why most people shouldn't agree with me.

20. KeenanParkerII

KeenanParkerII Guest

+0
    Disgusting..

Forget religion. I would harm anyone who would express such disrespect for another's culture and heritage in such a way, no questions asked. And with all due respect I could care less if it's against the rules, or irks someone the wrong way.

To assert that the Bible, the Qur'an, or the Torah is simply a book is absolutely naive. Each represents a focal point of the three most influential cultures on Earth. A man does not disrespect another's culture unless he's gunning for a fight. And while I acknowledge I have never read a word of the Qur'an, I would passionately defend it against anyone intent on defacing it for the sake of entertainment.

That! ..reflects poorly on our society, and anyone who would make light of those actions.

Ugh.. absolutely disgusting..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.