• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

IT WORKS!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by OldWiseGuy, Apr 18, 2020.

1. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+8,979
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I gained five pounds due to the sequester, even though I did take my walks several times a week. So I reduced my calories by eliminating the hash browns at breakfast, and only ate a half a donut to start my day. It took only a week to lose a full pound. As well I suffered no hunger pangs or energy loss.

Of course what this means is that you can actually lose weight by eating less. Who knew? :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sophrosyne

Sophrosyne Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16

+41,210
    Christian
    Yes. I used to not eat breakfast at all but found out the older I get the more calorie starved I feel way before lunchtime I feel hungry and feel my energy level dropping. I usually have a donut hole or small donut and a gulp of orange juice in the morning for 2 reasons... it helps me not want to eat a bigger lunch and also I don't feel drained and hungry way before lunchtime. I typically eat a smaller lunch than I used to also. I used to laugh at my dad for ordering a kids meal at lunch as I usually had a large burger and fries and large soft drink and now I'm about the same place when I'm out and about at lunch I typically buy the $1 burger and small fries etc (I like BK onion rings better). I also find eating dinner early helps with the weight some and snacking a little in the evening can either help or hurt a diet depending on how much dinner you ate. I love hash browns and sausage but both have a lot of fat which I think fatty oily foods encourage weight gain more as they are harder to turn to calories I think often they end up turned into fat on your body when you have enough carbs to power you.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Sophrosyne

+41,210
    Christian
    I forgot to say another thing.... eating when I get up sometimes helps me clean my system out early in the morning before I go to work instead of having to stop at work and clear myself out and when working construction that isn't always fun to do.

• List
  4. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,053
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    :)

heh heh. I guess that would work. While I've gained about 1 pound, I meant to be losing about 4 near term. (and then another 5 in time later too) So maybe I should put your handy tip to use. Here's a problem -- we've used the free time to cook some really great tasting food, which has made it a bit harder to eat less. Maybe I should try that thing about eating a smaller meal for supper, and nothing after. I know it's only hard about 2 or 3 days.

5. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+8,979
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Small tweaks of each meal can work. It's hard when several people and a table full of food are involved.

6. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+6,623
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Half a bowl in morning and evening and i am getting my figure back! Girls are bounding across the park to chat to me now!

7. Sophrosyne

+41,210
    Christian
    I used to buy frozen pizzas and cook them and eat the whole pizza for dinner. I've found that sometimes cooking things that are good for leftovers can help in a diet as you can put back some in the fridge for later either a leftover dinner or if a lot less... leftover lunch.

8. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+1,051
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Maybe a bit too informative.JPG ^_^

9. Sophrosyne

+41,210
    Christian
    Maybe so..... but if you eat the right foods and regularly it helps your overall digestion which at times can actually have you losing weight that can build up by a sluggish digestive system.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • List