Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I gained five pounds due to the sequester, even though I did take my walks several times a week. So I reduced my calories by eliminating the hash browns at breakfast, and only ate a half a donut to start my day. It took only a week to lose a full pound. As well I suffered no hunger pangs or energy loss.

Of course what this means is that you can actually lose weight by eating less. Who knew? :)

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Yes. I used to not eat breakfast at all but found out the older I get the more calorie starved I feel way before lunchtime I feel hungry and feel my energy level dropping. I usually have a donut hole or small donut and a gulp of orange juice in the morning for 2 reasons... it helps me not want to eat a bigger lunch and also I don't feel drained and hungry way before lunchtime. I typically eat a smaller lunch than I used to also. I used to laugh at my dad for ordering a kids meal at lunch as I usually had a large burger and fries and large soft drink and now I'm about the same place when I'm out and about at lunch I typically buy the $1 burger and small fries etc (I like BK onion rings better). I also find eating dinner early helps with the weight some and snacking a little in the evening can either help or hurt a diet depending on how much dinner you ate. I love hash browns and sausage but both have a lot of fat which I think fatty oily foods encourage weight gain more as they are harder to turn to calories I think often they end up turned into fat on your body when you have enough carbs to power you.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I forgot to say another thing.... eating when I get up sometimes helps me clean my system out early in the morning before I go to work instead of having to stop at work and clear myself out and when working construction that isn't always fun to do.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I gained five pounds due to the sequester, even though I did take my walks several times a week. So I reduced my calories by eliminating the hash browns at breakfast, and only ate a half a donut to start my day. It took only a week to lose a full pound. As well I suffered no hunger pangs or energy loss.

Of course what this means is that you can actually lose weight by eating less. Who knew? :)

:)

heh heh. I guess that would work. While I've gained about 1 pound, I meant to be losing about 4 near term. (and then another 5 in time later too) So maybe I should put your handy tip to use. Here's a problem -- we've used the free time to cook some really great tasting food, which has made it a bit harder to eat less. Maybe I should try that thing about eating a smaller meal for supper, and nothing after. I know it's only hard about 2 or 3 days.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:)

heh heh. I guess that would work. While I've gained about 1 pound, I meant to be losing about 4 near term. (and then another 5 in time later too) So maybe I should put your handy tip to use. Here's a problem -- we've used the free time to cook some really great tasting food, which has made it a bit harder to eat less. Maybe I should try that thing about eating a smaller meal for supper, and nothing after. I know it's only hard about 2 or 3 days.

Small tweaks of each meal can work. It's hard when several people and a table full of food are involved.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I used to buy frozen pizzas and cook them and eat the whole pizza for dinner. I've found that sometimes cooking things that are good for leftovers can help in a diet as you can put back some in the fridge for later either a leftover dinner or if a lot less... leftover lunch.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I forgot to say another thing.... eating when I get up sometimes helps me clean my system out early in the morning before I go to work instead of having to stop at work and clear myself out and when working construction that isn't always fun to do.
Maybe a bit too
informative.JPG
^_^

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0