Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well thats my attitude as well. I'm tired of having before & after photo's shoved under my nose. Bragging that the company is debt free & how good it is for you. I'm thinking separation at this point.

She knows I jog & am not interested in this at all. But she keeps dropping hints that it sculpts too.

Next she talking about a millionaire distributor in Michigan. It's just really turning me off. She almost acts as if she is in a cult!

Well, if it wouldnt hurt anything - you could do it to placate her and if she asks - tell her you didnt see a difference.
She might quit harping if you try it.

I woukdnt let body wraps bug me so long as the friendship is good otherwise. Ppl go thru things and they might want to share.
^_^ My BFF used me to practice her facials on - which was wonderful [except when she fed me the creams - oops got it in my mouth] but its all good.

;)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, if it wouldnt hurt anything - you could do it to placate her and if she asks - tell her you didnt see a difference.
She might quit harping if you try it.

I woukdnt let body wraps bug me so long as the friendship is good otherwise. Ppl go thru things and they might want to share.
^_^ My BFF used me to practice her facials on - which was wonderful [except when she fed me the creams - oops got it in my mouth] but its all good.

;)

I'm not trying it for a 100 bucks a pop & joining the club. If she values the friendship she should understand that. I'm not going to enable her in this.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
LOL. Well, i used to sell Avon - all i did was give someone a book. It sold itself. ;)

I dont even like nagging anyone for school fund raisers. BUT if i love something ppl can tell. Not sure if i ask them to participate. MAYBE she gets commission.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL. Well, i used to sell Avon - all i did was give someone a book. It sold itself. ;)

I dont even like nagging anyone for school fund raisers. BUT if i love something ppl can tell. Not sure if i ask them to participate. MAYBE she gets commission.
No I believe she buys this stuff herself & resells it. That way the company is debt free. I think it's a scam.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ephesians

Mar 29, 2016
Texas
✟7,611.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know this post is old, but I was a little surprised by it. I came to read on this forum because it's a "Christian" site. I hope your friend has been blessed many times over with her entrepreneurial pursuit.

Ephesians 4:29-32 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. Along with other stuff. I think the company is called It Works!

Sounds like a bunch of phooey to me.

She's all psyched on it & just keeps blathering about it. Supposedly removes toxins, etc.

It's driving me nuts.
You'd have to know the ingredients in the wrap to be safe.
Body wraps appear to work because the compression of the wrap itself, the pressure upon the skin and the underlying layers including fat cells, sculpts where the wrap is wrapped. If that makes sense. Meanwhile, the compression and the wrap ingredients make that area of the body sweat. Thereby causing the client to lose water, which has accumulated in the cells already if a person is overweight, unhealthy, consumes alcohol , high sugar diet, etc...

After the wrap is removed the therapist or technician as they're sometimes called, may measure the persons area where the wrap was applied with a caliper. It's a body fat measurement device that gently pinches the skin to gage the amount of fat(cells) in the area.

If you had one of those at home and you left the clinic where you had been wrapped, went for lunch and had an iced tea for instance, went home and measured yourself you'd see you'd gained a bit more fat via that caliper measurement. But it isn't fat, it's water.

Will her venture make her money? Depends on the market she's in. Today, as with mostly all 'days', there's big money to be made in get _____________ quick schemes. Fill in the blank with whatever the market will bear. Get thin fast. Get healthy fast. Get looking younger fast.
It takes years to gain body fat, weight. It takes time to lose it.

Burn more calories than you consume, exercise, whatever burns calories and that you enjoy doing, and you'll lose weight.
Go slow. Don't strip those things you love to eat out of your diet all at once. Go slow. Moderation. You can eat what you like just in smaller servings. And again, burn more calories than you consume.

Some weight issues have to do with diet and food allergies or that adverse reaction a body has to food ingredients that cause allergic response.
A key thing to look for when you're eating and to find what you may be allergic to is to notice if you sneeze when you're eating.
Or just after you eat.
This goes for consuming alcohol as well. If you sneeze when you start to consume alcohol chances are you're allergic.

There was a big fad promoted years ago that focused on high protein no or very little carbs. The founder died lets just say not a healthy man. The body needs carbs in order to feed the brain and the body.

The key thing to remember in ventures like this is, if it promises a fast fix for what took years to break don't risk it.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She's out! This thread is from 2012. Just a silly pyramid scheme imo.
You'd have to know the ingredients in the wrap to be safe.
Body wraps appear to work because the compression of the wrap itself, the pressure upon the skin and the underlying layers including fat cells, sculpts where the wrap is wrapped. If that makes sense. Meanwhile, the compression and the wrap ingredients make that area of the body sweat. Thereby causing the client to lose water, which has accumulated in the cells already if a person is overweight, unhealthy, consumes alcohol , high sugar diet, etc...

After the wrap is removed the therapist or technician as they're sometimes called, may measure the persons area where the wrap was applied with a caliper. It's a body fat measurement device that gently pinches the skin to gage the amount of fat(cells) in the area.

If you had one of those at home and you left the clinic where you had been wrapped, went for lunch and had an iced tea for instance, went home and measured yourself you'd see you'd gained a bit more fat via that caliper measurement. But it isn't fat, it's water.

Will her venture make her money? Depends on the market she's in. Today, as with mostly all 'days', there's big money to be made in get _____________ quick schemes. Fill in the blank with whatever the market will bear. Get thin fast. Get healthy fast. Get looking younger fast.
It takes years to gain body fat, weight. It takes time to lose it.

Burn more calories than you consume, exercise, whatever burns calories and that you enjoy doing, and you'll lose weight.
Go slow. Don't strip those things you love to eat out of your diet all at once. Go slow. Moderation. You can eat what you like just in smaller servings. And again, burn more calories than you consume.

Some weight issues have to do with diet and food allergies or that adverse reaction a body has to food ingredients that cause allergic response.
A key thing to look for when you're eating and to find what you may be allergic to is to notice if you sneeze when you're eating.
Or just after you eat.
This goes for consuming alcohol as well. If you sneeze when you start to consume alcohol chances are you're allergic.

There was a big fad promoted years ago that focused on high protein no or very little carbs. The founder died lets just say not a healthy man. The body needs carbs in order to feed the brain and the body.

The key thing to remember in ventures like this is, if it promises a fast fix for what took years to break don't risk it.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I'll come back. I'm busy packing for a red eye back east tomorrow night.

:)
check the weather, it could be rainy when you get off the plane.
p.s. thread may be old but the weather is up to date;
snow for the NE & rain for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0