• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

It will take a miracle for me to find "Miss Right"

Discussion in 'Mature Singles' started by AdoptedPrince, Apr 13, 2019.

1. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,505
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    video -deleted

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,505
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  3. AdoptedPrince

AdoptedPrince New Member

+52
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    A shepherd mix. I'm not sure what she was mixed with, though. She has a curly tail like a whippet, so maybe that.

That's a great story about your great-grandfather! I was in Amsterdam. I call it the land of the super-models, since so many of the people I saw (male and female) were tall, thin, and beautiful. Hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't take a woman there... haha :wink:

4. AdoptedPrince

AdoptedPrince New Member

+52
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Wow! I could get very fat there. haha

5. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,505
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    deleted

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  6. AdoptedPrince

AdoptedPrince New Member

+52
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Hey, don't give this conversation a moment's thought. We're just making small talk here. Be with your family. I'm very sorry for your loss.

7. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,505
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    May you find your dream lady!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  8. ProGoddess

ProGoddess Daughter of My Lord

+652
    Christian
    Single
    I hope you find the woman that you wanted.

9. Rebecca4Christ

Rebecca4Christ New Member Supporter

+50
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    Just know it's as hard or harder for us ladies of a certain age....so I can and do sympathize.:sigh:

10. Run to Jesus

Run to Jesus Member

+21
    Pentecostal
    Single
    For those of us still waiting on the very same miracle that you are waiting for, attacking you would be like attacking ourselves. We may even have similar lists to yours just a few lines could be changed. I wish I could say more than hang in there but I feel a bit overwhelmed. You alone know your walk with God and how you relate to him on the very topic. I am certain that He does reveal things to his children. I am sure that he can and will reveal that special lady to you at the right time. Maybe it is a question of geography. Ask God to bring her near.

Sorry kind of feel too young to be adding my two pence.

11. blessedintrovert

blessedintrovert New Member

+30
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I would have to be knocked off my feet if I were to date.

12. Lady Bug

Lady Bug Let's get real Supporter

+7,711
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I don't know, it doesn't seem totally farfetched.

I hate when people say that we should lower our standards though. How would you feel if the person who chose you, lowered their standards in order to do so? Wouldn't you feel insulted?

13. expos4ever

expos4ever Left This Site

+2,835
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    About online dating: I have tried it and met some truly crazy women. Two would not be happy unless I drove a stake through the heart of my ex-wife. A third wept within 60 seconds of meeting me.

My anecdotal experience: there is a reason why (older) women are on these sites:

They have major problems.

Having said this, I expect women would have a similar complaint.

Now for the good news: while it appears to be true that the loony factor is higher online than in the general population, there HAVE to be SOME women out there who do not fall into the “I love you, now get into the freezer” category.

There have to be.

14. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,806
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I came close to hearing the same recently on the site. The notion of altering what I’m seeking (which yielded two secular prospects) seems odd. They were not appropriate due to absence of belief and tolerance for my purpose. I have no difficulty meeting men who have the qualities I’m seeking.

The idea of making it easier for Christian men lends the suggestion they’re unable to measure up or are lesser in some way. That sounds more like charity than vetting a marriage partner.

15. expos4ever

+2,835
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    On lowering standards: I understand the objection, but standards are often unrealistically high.

In the world of online dating at least, I believe there have been actual studies showing that the way online dating is setup causes people to apply wildly unreasonable standards.

16. LaBèlla

+4,806
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    There’s no such thing as high or low standards. They’re called preferences. And everyone has them. Some more than others.

The issue is rejection and the reality that dating (on and offline) rewards beauty, fitness, and wealth more significantly than other attributes.

17. expos4ever

+2,835
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    My point - and I believe there are studies that demonstrate this - is that online dating in particular has the effect of causing people to raise the standards they would otherwise apply in real life. And to the point of being quite unrealistic.

18. LaBèlla

+4,806
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    If they’re willing to live with the consequences of that decision that’s all that matters. Whether its realistic or not.

19. Anguspure

Anguspure Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ Supporter

+1,530
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Single
    I can add spending most of my time at sea to the list. Not much hope there then...