it just keeps getting worse and worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzi4Christ

I'm worth waiting for.
Feb 13, 2002
It doesn't matter... my home is Heaven!
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
My relationship with my mom is dwindling, if not already gone. I'm so hurt by her and the things she says and does. I'm afraid she's going to try to get custody of me. This sounds horrible, but I will seriously kill myself before I go live with her. She's made me want to kill myself and I've been in such a deep depression and God's been pulling me out of it, but I really wouldn't be able to stand living with her. She once talked to a social worker and the only reason she gave for wanting me, was so she could get more money from social services. It just hurts so badly, so please...i need prayer... I'm falling apart inside....

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Lizzi4Christ,
I want to help you sweetheart...I know that you are hurting right now. :hug: I wish I could take away your pain that you are feeling and put it in me, but unfortunately that is not how it works...I want you to know that I am praying for you right now, right this very moment. I pray that you may be given the strength to get through any situation that may arise. I know that you are deeply hurt by what your mother said to social services, and your pain is justified. I know that you are feeling depressed over this situation, and you talked also of feeling suicidal in the past? :sigh: Suicide is not an option here kiddo, that is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Life is the only way through this. I will help carry you through this rough time. Have you gone through any counseling with your mother? Who are you living with right now? I am just wanting to understand the family dynamic of your household, That way I may be able to counsel you better. I am right here for you, you WILL NOT go through this alone. I am praying for you as you read this and I know that God is right there beside you. :hug: I ask for you to be surrounded by angels right now, you need that. I am praying for you as well as your mother. I pray that she may be able to recognize and negative behaviors and to offer you what you are needing right now, LOVE. I am here with an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, comforting words, and warm embraces. :hug: I love you and this world would indeed be empty without you. I am praying today, tomorrow, and always. With all of the love, blessings, and peace in the world...Talk to me honey, I am just a click away...
God Bless you...
Amie
:hug:

Upvote 0

sparrow

God loves the sparrows
Mar 29, 2002
Oxfordshire, England
✟16,829.00
Faith
Christian
Lizzi,
I can't try to identify what you're going through because I really don't have a clue. But I'm praying for you to be strong through this. It must be so hard but as amie said, you aren't going through it alone. God is with you, and I will help if you need it too.
I am praying.

Claire
:pink:

Upvote 0

Remny

Prayer Bear
Apr 29, 2002
Vancouver Wa
Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hey there sugar;

Man, I know how it can be, my mom can be a monster sometimes. Mom's have a hard job. It's just like any other job though, some people are better at it than others. Try not to hold it against her too much. You know I really feel for your situation. I want you to be happy. If I knew of something to say that would make you happy, I would say it. But it's a hard thing.

If you end up with your mom, try not to get to upset though. It's just a small amount of time you will be staying there compared to the rest of your life. Concentrate on makeing friendships and doing other things. With good friends anything can be bareable. Remember you are not alone.

I will be praying for you,

Benjamin Jeanotte

Upvote 0

Lizzi4Christ

I'm worth waiting for.
Feb 13, 2002
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Hey Amie
Have you gone through any counseling with your mother?
No I have not. I doubt she would want to go and honestly, I doubt very much my grandparents would allow it. I have gone to a school counselor a few times and I plan on going again tomorrow. (and just a related fact, that's actually what I want to be.. a counselor)
Who are you living with right now?
my father's parents
how are things going with you?
really bad week so far and dreading when i have to see my mom this coming friday...

If you end up with your mom, try not to get to upset though. It's just a small amount of time you will be staying there compared to the rest of your life. Concentrate on makeing friendships and doing other things. With good friends anything can be bareable. Remember you are not alone.

Hey Ben. I know it would only be a small amount of time, but already I only see her 3 hours a week and in that time, I go crazy. I turn into some horrible person, that I can't stand to be. It's like a Dr.Jekyl-Mr.Hyde thing. By the end of the visit, the only thing I want to do is cry and/or do sometihng hurtful to myself. And I dread even thinking of living with her becasue I would be around her so much. I would have to switch schools, and being a senior next year, that would kinda suck. Knowing her I might even not be allowed to go to my church anymore, that i love dearly. So it is hard and i would have to chnage so much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This is perfect:
Psalm 27:10
Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.

Psalm 9:10
Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Proverbs 18:24
A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
{That would be JESUS!}

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Romans 8:16
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

2 Corinthians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

PM me if you'd like, I'd love to hear from you!!!

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Wow---I really wish I had some "peachy solution" for you. I looked at your "bio", you're an attractive young lady, with a lot going for you.

I can well understand why you don't want to leave your high school. Have you investigated becoming "emancipated"? I understand you now live with your grandparents. If a court grants you emancipation, can you live with them? It's so hard earning your own support (paying for rent, car, gas, food, phone, electric, water, sewer, car parts, insurance, tags, clothes, movie-PIZZA-money, AND going to school. Unless you're capable of doing without sleep.

If you DO hafta go live with your mom, what would it take to change YOU? No one can change another person. How well divorcees KNOW this, after marrying one they wanted-to-change-this-or-that.

You can always visit your friends, and even go to dances and things with them. They may even let you participate in graduation---doesn't hurt to ask.

Do you know what the Bible says about unconditional love? And forgiveness? Think about this: suppose you had a MISSION, to love people, to heal their hearts, souls, and bodies. You could see their hearts, their hopes, dreams, failures, successes. And you loved them. Suppose, because you WERE so good, some of them HATED you.

Suppose one dark night they CAME for you. Dragged you away, threw you before a "kangaroo court", and convicted you. Rather a LYNCH mob. In less than a day that mob of swine grabbed you, hauled you outside of town. Suppose they nailed you to a tree. No, I mean REAL NAILS! Right through your arms and legs! And left you to die! How would you feel? What would you think?

This actually happened, Lizzie. To someone named, Jesus. You know what He did? HE FORGAVE THEM!!!!! Don't worry, I don't fully understand it myself. But His SELF, was invested ELSEWHERE. No one could hurt Him, no one could destroy Him.

He forgave them. "Father, forgive them; they know not what they do."

Have you ever wondered WHY your mom says hurtful things to you? It's not hard to guess. Instead of angry, have you ever considered feeling SORRY for her? People usually don't hurt others, especially family, unless there's a REASON. And the reason usually is, that THEY are so miserable and broken and wretched inside, that they can't ABIDE someone else succeeding around them. They feel threatened. Your mom sees YOU, beauty and talent and youth and a future, and she sees herself with none of those. People like that have no self-esteem, no hope in their own lives, the only way to not feel at the "bottom", is to tear others down too. Any of this sound close?

When you are around your mom, don't take her hurtfulness personally. Remember Jesus, and the incredible crime He forgave. Go rent the movie, "The Hiding Place", and sit there in awe (as I did!) as Corrie Tenboom suffered horribly---and all she shown from her heart and soul was LOVE! I guarantee it wasn't easy for her, and it was not easy for Jesus. Heck, the night before Jesus was so emotional, HE SWEATED BLOOD! But God was in Him. And Jesus was in Corrie.

As Corrie was released, the "Pianist", whose hands had been broken and mangled, said: "I want Him!" Corrie smiled and said: "Just ask. He'll answer." I cried. "Oh God, let me be so used by You!"

That is where you should hide your SELF. Build on the ROCK, not on the sand-of-people. He will never let you down.

Lizzie, Jesus could have come down from that tree ANYTIME. Do you know why He didn't? Imagine those horrible nails being hammered into his body. Can you hear the clang of iron-against-iron? Ten thousand legions of angels turned shades of crimson and purple in anger, restrained from helping Him, waiting ONLY for Him to ask for help.

But He didn't. He let them crucify Him. Then He forgave them.

Do you know why, Lizzie?

Because of YOU.

Because of Lizzie!!! You see, if He had come down from that cross, you would have gone to Hell! And so great was His love for YOU, that He went willingly!

That's why you can't throw your life away. It's not your life. "You are not your own, you are bought with a price". The price, was His blood.

See if you can forgive your mom. Will you? It won't be easy. But think of how much God has forgiven you, in taking you from the "road-to-Hell", and sending the Spirit into your heart. And always, Jesus walks with you, His hand forever in your hand!

And we walk with you, too. Don't be afraid. He loves you, and so do we.

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not for calamity, plans to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me, and come and pray to Me, and I WILL LISTEN TO YOU. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found by you, (declares the Lord)." Jeremiah 29:11ff

Go with GOd, and stay with us. Keep us posted!

God bless you!

:)

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said: "Do not return evil for evil, but return GOOD. If your enemy smites you in the cheek, TURN THE OTHER. If he forces you to go with you one league, go TWO. If he demand your coat, give him your cloak also! You have heard it said, 'Hate your enemies!' But I say to you, 'love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, in order that you may be sons (and daughters ;) ) of your Father who is in heaven. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even Gentiles do the same?"

It may be, that in showing love and kindness to your mother, God will win her heart!

It's happened before...

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lizzi4Christ

I'm worth waiting for.
Feb 13, 2002
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I'm doinglright.... my mom canceled the visit for tonight, and while she gave no reason, I think it's because of the fight we had last Sunday.

To Ben-
Thank you for your kind words. I'm not going to really become emancipated. I will still live with my grandparents (i plan on living with them through college as well), but I'm looking into what's needed for me to cancel, or at least lessen, the visits with my mom. I was told at 16, i could decide for myself on those matters and that's what I'm looking into. I should have explained that better, lol. You reminded me of a lot of things I had forgotten and I thank you for that and everyone's prayers. I think I may have caused some trouble with our last fight and it may result in a court battle. I really hope not because my grandparents aren't in the shape to handle that right now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.