It just doesnt seem fair. (Warning huge Rant)

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It just doesn't seem fair that my mother, dad, sister, brother in law...etc all have to burn and suffer for an eternity just because they don't believe in Christ and it doesn't matter what I say to them they will ALWAYS be unbelievers.

Yet, I'm somehow saved because I'm a believer? Please! Why the heck should we be saved and the rest of the world has to burn? I mean do we HONESTLY believe this crap? And how the heck can we enjoy our eternities KNOWING that our friends and loved ones are out there suffering?

And Annihalationism is even worse than suffering forever. Why? Because Annihalationism teaches that unbelievers won't burn for forever but their very souls get destroyed! Idk about you? But to me that sounds WORSE than burning for forever. Its designed to soften the blow but to me it just sounds 50,000 times worse. The scariest part of that reality is that one day we will cease to exist. Idk about you guys but I'd RATHER eternal suffering than to just one day cease to exist. That was the scariest part of atheism to me was when I believed that one day I would die and cease to exist. I became a Christian because I didn't want to accept that reality. I didnt WANT to perish. But honestly atheism sounds ridiculous to me now. Yes, there IS a God. I've seen him and I'd be a fool to stop believing in him but honestly? How can I believe in God's justice? It is just SO unfair and either way you slice it it makes God sound like a tyrant. Whether Annihalationism is true or if they burn forever it doesn't change the outcome. It is just all seriously screwed up. Yet I continue to love and serve God anyway. I think its just time I accepted that I didn't choose God but God chose me and that the rest of my family just wasn't chosen by God. God took pity on me instead. The sooner I accept that the better.

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟33,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is our choice ,,freewill a tyrant would be one who forced us to love them been there done there are many names for that I always say you never know what goes on between Christ and the individual in his luthier last few breaths it is never too late

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It is our choice ,,freewill a tyrant would be one who forced us to love them been there done there are many names for that I always say you never know what goes on between Christ and the individual in his luthier last few breaths it is never too late

That's true. A true tyrannical God would force salvation. And I heard the teaching that our senses of Judgement will change when we get our new bodies. No longer will we think of God's judgement as unjust. But it DOES seem unjust to me now. I hope that God will change my heart and that one day I will think like the angels do that all of Gods judgements are fair and just. After all when it comes to Satan's fate nobody calls Gods judgement of Satan unjust. Notice its just people. Its just sinners because it isn't their fault that they were born with a sinful nature. Its Satan's fault. Idk... Its just screwed up.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't seem fair. I know people far better than me who are headed to hell. But I know God would not be good if it wasn't so. Sinners end up in hell because God is good and they are not.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because they don't believe in Christ? I can't judge these people when it comes to salvation, but if anything, this should make it clear that God is not playing games. He thinks it's a deadly serious business, as should we. God will give no one a raw deal in eternity.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because they don't believe in Christ? I can't judge these people when it comes to salvation, but if anything, this should make it clear that God is not playing games. He thinks it's a deadly serious business, as should we. God will give no one a raw deal in eternity.
If you understand how wicked people are, you will understand why God sends them to hell.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If you understand how wicked people are, you will understand why God sends them to hell.

True. People are wicked but it also isn't their fault they were born that way. Satan on the other hand was born good but became evil. I don't call Satan's fate unjust. But how can God call the same punishment just for people who were NEVER born good? We all inherited our sins from Adam. Which makes Annihalationism make sense. But like I said in the OP that's more scary to me than the alternative.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True. People are wicked but it also isn't their fault they were born that way. Satan on the other hand was born good but became evil. I don't call Satan's fate unjust. But how can God call the same punishment just for people who were NEVER born good? We all inherited our sins from Adam. Which makes Annihalationism make sense. But like I said in the OP that's more scary to me than the alternative.
Adam proved we are a corrupt species. You would not have done any better.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It just doesn't seem fair that my mother, dad, sister, brother in law...etc all have to burn and suffer for an eternity just because they don't believe in Christ and it doesn't matter what I say to them they will ALWAYS be unbelievers.

Yet, I'm somehow saved because I'm a believer? Please! Why the heck should we be saved and the rest of the world has to burn? I mean do we HONESTLY believe this crap? And how the heck can we enjoy our eternities KNOWING that our friends and loved ones are out there suffering?

And Annihalationism is even worse than suffering forever. Why? Because Annihalationism teaches that unbelievers won't burn for forever but their very souls get destroyed! Idk about you? But to me that sounds WORSE than burning for forever. Its designed to soften the blow but to me it just sounds 50,000 times worse. The scariest part of that reality is that one day we will cease to exist. Idk about you guys but I'd RATHER eternal suffering than to just one day cease to exist. That was the scariest part of atheism to me was when I believed that one day I would die and cease to exist. I became a Christian because I didn't want to accept that reality. I didnt WANT to perish. But honestly atheism sounds ridiculous to me now. Yes, there IS a God. I've seen him and I'd be a fool to stop believing in him but honestly? How can I believe in God's justice? It is just SO unfair and either way you slice it it makes God sound like a tyrant. Whether Annihalationism is true or if they burn forever it doesn't change the outcome. It is just all seriously screwed up. Yet I continue to love and serve God anyway. I think its just time I accepted that I didn't choose God but God chose me and that the rest of my family just wasn't chosen by God. God took pity on me instead. The sooner I accept that the better.
This is another reason we are to " pray without ceasing" 1Thess 5:17 and reminded that "the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" James 5:16.
We don't give up praying for loved ones and we don't know what Gods timing is for peoples lives, so often its like when other avenues are exhausted some say "at least we can pray" NO! Prayer is the very first thing to do before anything whatsoever.
I am in the situation that some family members seem impossible to reach or ever will be, but I won't ever give up praying for them while i still have breath and trusting our almighty God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So then, when it comes to unsaved people, what is God supposed to do? Should he just miraculously arrange it so no one is lost? Should he forget right and wrong and give everyone a free ticket regardless of who they are? If you touch a hot stove you will burn yourself. Is that wrong? How can anything be otherwise?

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Adam proved we are a corrupt species. You would not have done any better.

That's true because Adam was born perfect and sinless yet was still able to rebel against God because of his freewill and because Eve tricked him. So shouldn't that mean that Adam is now in hell? Yet many people seem to believe that Adam and Eve are in heaven right now. Hmm... I wonder...

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Neostarwcc - I raise two points in response to what you.

(1) Why not pray for your loved ones? Does it help? I do not know, but it sure cannot hurt. You say it is too late? Maybe not, my friend. God exists outside of time and space as we know them. Hence, God might be able to still use your prayers now to assist them and give them a last chance at salvation. You say not possible? What happened to, "With God, all things are possible"? Now even if it is to late to save them, your prayers might still be able to give your loved ones a measure of comfort, a certain measure of relief.

(2) Only God decides the fate of every human soul. It is not up to us to declare their fate. Even if we think that we know their fate, only God knows for certain. Hence, do not lose hope.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So then, when it comes to unsaved people, what is God supposed to do? Should he just miraculously arrange it so no one is lost? Should he forget right and wrong and give everyone a free ticket regardless of who they are? If you touch a hot stove you will burn yourself. Is that wrong? How can anything be otherwise?

The Bible says that its in Gods will that all will come to him for salvation but not everyone will. But doesn't it sound unjust to sentence people to he'll just because the very first humans rebelled against God? I'm not saying that God should save everyone even if its in his will that they do. I'm just saying his PUNISHMENT is unjust. But then again who am I to question God's judgements? They're obviously fair and just if the angels in heaven agree with them.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

That's what came to mind when I read your post, especially verse 5. You say you believe in God, then you aknowledge his superiority, judgement and intelligence. Hopefully this will help you to trust him

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But doesn't it sound unjust to sentence people to he'll just because the very first humans rebelled against God?
Sound? Who says what something sounds like to us is the actual truth? Why is our perception and perspective the correct one?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's true because Adam was born perfect and sinless yet was still able to rebel against God because of his freewill and because Eve tricked him. So shouldn't that mean that Adam is now in hell? Yet many people seem to believe that Adam and Eve are in heaven right now. Hmm... I wonder...
It's hard to say where Adam and Eve are. But all would be in hell if God didn't pay for our sins and make Christ our test subject just as he made Adam our test subject. We wear Christ's imputed righteousness just as we wore Adam's imputed unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is our choice
No.
Nobody chooses to suffer eternal conscious torment.

Fortunately there is not as much Biblical support for this ghastly teaching.

The case for CONDITIONAL immortality and annihilation of the unsaved / wicked is much stronger.
Besides that, the moral argument against a Loving God torturing his creatures for ever and ever without end, purpose or outcome
is obvious too.

Look for Rethinking Hell on the web and Youtube for the Biblical case for / against.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not fair, but just. There is a difference.
Oh Dave, the dictionary interchanges both words under one another's headings as I checked to see if I was misguided.

My point was LIFE (as in here in this present world) isn't fair but God is, His ways are perfect and THAT is all that matters. My trust is solely in Him.
Let's not get caught up in pedantics please. :)

Upvote 0