• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

It Isn't Like I Don't Have a Pickup...

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by zephcom, Jun 26, 2019.

1. zephcom

zephcom Well-Known Member

+1,278
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    Let's get the article posted first:

Chevy is working on a truck that could be the first pickup to top $100,000

I do have a pickup. It is a 1997 Ford F-250 HD diesel. I don't drive it much, but when one needs a truck, one needs a truck and not some tiny car that gets over 30 MPG.

But what kind of insanity is it to spend nearly $100,000 for a PICKUP???? I'll bet the guy who buys one of these things would never put it under a front loader with 4,000 pounds of gravel.

Sometimes I think some people just have too much money and it affects their brains.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+5,472
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    The kind very common among my coworkers. With all the extras and questionable finances involved I could point to a dozen trucks that will cost almost that much in my job sites parking lot. $1,000+ monthly truck payments aren’t uncommon.

3. Hammster

Hammster Every knee shall bow. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+14,952
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I don’t have a truck anymore, but I do have a 96 GMC Suburban. 2500. Which is what I paid for it. :)

4. zephcom

+1,278
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    And they don't get good fuel economy either. If one is using their truck for a daily driver to get to and from work, they are just throwing good money after bad.

My truck I bought used many years ago for $8,500. It gets 16 MPG. I use it when I need a truck. The rest of the time I drive my 2006 Scion. It gets 32 MPG. If I used the truck as a daily driver, I'd be broke.:wave:

5. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+14,449
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I would like to find a new SMALL pickup. Something about the size of an S-10. They do not make them anymore.

6. zephcom

+1,278
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    There must be some nice ones still in the used market. They do have their place for people who have need for something larger than a trunk but not something designed to haul the entire south side of Chicago.

And they get better mileage than the big pickups.

7. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+1,005
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My next door neighbor who is a grounds contractor just brought home a few months ago a decked out Ford F450 (bays with electric locks, power inverter, special light package and all kinds of other goodies) that set him back $97K...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Dave-W

+14,449
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I do have at least a couple sets of these pickups:
    upload_2019-7-1_10-58-42.png

9. zephcom

+1,278
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    Nice! And most likely they are much more reasonable priced than one hundred thousand dollars.

10. Dave-W

+14,449
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Indeed.

GFS are considered "boutique" pickups. they are HOT and they sound sweet. And they are half the price of DiMarzios and Seymour Duncans.

11. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+8,355
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    No? I guess I'd better hold on to my '97 Ranger.

12. zephcom

+1,278
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    I can see that you were wise to avoid the Ford, Chevy and Dodge pickups. They quite simply could not have filled the bill like those do.

13. Trogdor the Burninator

Trogdor the Burninator Senior Veteran

+1,201
    Christian
    Toyota Hilux?

[​IMG]

14. Dave-W

+14,449
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Smaller than that.

A new Chevy LUV would be ideal.

15. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,484
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It is not pride it is Ego and we should do all we can to get rid of our Ego.

16. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+540
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Seriously... How about a nice inexpensive pickup which can still do things like plow snow? Lots of new trucks are too lightweight to even do any real work... :|

17. zephcom

+1,278
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    One needs at least a 3/4 ton before work can be done and even then one should have the HD (heavy duty) tag on it. My diesel is a 3/4 ton with air bag overloads on it. I've had 4,000 lbs of gravel in it before. It wasn't sinking any lower and I told the operator of the front loader to stop.

It rode real nice on the way home.

Baby trucks are made for bring a box spring and mattress home from Home Depot.

18. Messerve

+540
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Good to know. Though in the case of snow plows it's the weight on the front they can't handle.

19. zephcom

+1,278
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    They don't have a stout enough frame for that weight. I learned that when I was looking for a lawn tractor that I could put a small bucket on the front. Unless you get a truly heavy duty lawn tractor adding the additional weight on the front will twist the frame.

Baby trucks have baby frames. They are little more than cars with a pick-up body on them. They are great for what they are designed for...bringing home a couple bags of concrete from Home Depot. They just are not designed for snow plow blades.

20. Messerve

+540
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    When I hear baby trucks, I think of those Subaru's with the tiny little bed in back. In some countries they call those "Utilities". I think we still call them trucks here, but Utilities seems more accurate.

There are snow plows you pull behind a truck, but it's obviously harder to maneuver when you can only watch it in your mirrors.