Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is time that we as Americans throw out Partisan Politics. How many times do you hear one side blame the other side for mistakes. We are all human and all of us make decisions that later we wish we could take back. But we must live with those decisions.

We constantly hear Democrats Saying that Republicans are spying on Americans. Did we hear Republicans say the Same thing about Democrats when they were tapping phones using the same means that George Bush is doing?

Republicans are blaming Democrats on being to soft on Terrorism. Well maybe they have a different plan and maybe we should combine the best features of both side's plans.

Everyone needs to stop protesting the War. We are in it. The only thing we need to be talking about from both sides is how to finish it. Because of the finger pointing and partisan politics neither side is wanting to compromise on how to get it done.

During the past 6 years has been the worst time for Politics. Congress is not doing a thing to move this country forward. We are in no worse but no better position in 6 years politically speaking. I blame this on both sides. They are so bent on it has to be my way that they refuse to see anyone else's point.

So what should we as American people do about. For one I lean more towards the Republican side on issues due to thier conservative nature. However I do agree with certain issues on the Democrats side. But the Republicans are just as much to blame as the Democrats. Does that mean in the next 8 years that both parties will fall apart. Actually I hope so and that a party emerges as something that is more inline with the people. Both Republicans and Democrats have lost touch with the American People. Its constantly what you want to hear rather than the way it currently is.

So Many Changes need to be made in this country and neither the Democrats or the Republicans are willing to make any changes. My only question is why. I think I know the answer but it bugs me that they are more worried about power than the American People and the protection and betterment of this country.

-Butterfoot.

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It is time that we as Americans throw out Partisan Politics. How many times do you hear one side blame the other side for mistakes. We are all human and all of us make decisions that later we wish we could take back. But we must live with those decisions.

We constantly hear Democrats Saying that Republicans are spying on Americans. Did we hear Republicans say the Same thing about Democrats when they were tapping phones using the same means that George Bush is doing?

Republicans are blaming Democrats on being to soft on Terrorism. Well maybe they have a different plan and maybe we should combine the best features of both side's plans.

Everyone needs to stop protesting the War. We are in it. The only thing we need to be talking about from both sides is how to finish it. Because of the finger pointing and partisan politics neither side is wanting to compromise on how to get it done.

During the past 6 years has been the worst time for Politics. Congress is not doing a thing to move this country forward. We are in no worse but no better position in 6 years politically speaking. I blame this on both sides. They are so bent on it has to be my way that they refuse to see anyone else's point.

So what should we as American people do about. For one I lean more towards the Republican side on issues due to thier conservative nature. However I do agree with certain issues on the Democrats side. But the Republicans are just as much to blame as the Democrats. Does that mean in the next 8 years that both parties will fall apart. Actually I hope so and that a party emerges as something that is more inline with the people. Both Republicans and Democrats have lost touch with the American People. Its constantly what you want to hear rather than the way it currently is.

So Many Changes need to be made in this country and neither the Democrats or the Republicans are willing to make any changes. My only question is why. I think I know the answer but it bugs me that they are more worried about power than the American People and the protection and betterment of this country.

-Butterfoot.
said with a partisan tone :doh:

Do you realize people will stop protesting the war when it ends?

The republicans have controlled the government for the past 6 years and refused bi-partisanship. I could see blaming the democrats for this.

If everyone would just agree with me, there would be no problem. The partisanship would end. We could move forward.
I cant recall one thing you have posted that I have agreed with.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
We need to stop protesting against the war? Why on earth should we do that? I think it perfectly legitimate to make it clear to the elected leaders and the world alike that the populace does *not* agree with the illegal war that was waged on obviously false premises.

Now, if only people started to protest against the abomination that's Guantanamo Bay, too...
That camp is a violation of everything that the United States stay for, turning them into the very thing that they despise.

Reactions: Goltzy
Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We need to stop protesting against the war? Why on earth should we do that?

Because a Democrat might win the executive in 2008. Best start now reversing position and going back to supporting military action as liberals did when Clinton bombed Serbia, invaded Haiti and waged endless air campaigns against Iraq.

Got to ease in and out of these transitions gradually. The public doesn't have a long memory but whipsawing them back and forth might make the unwashed question why the liberal media says one thing one year and the opposite the next.

Upvote 0

Alarum

Nov 5, 2004
✟6,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Great, the OP has two partisan talking points in his post that are complete nonsense. Amazing way to make sure that he can claim, in his best injured tone, that despite the calls for cooperation, "one side" kept up the 'partisan bickering.'

Repost without the nonsense, and we might be able to have a discussion. Otherwise, Voegelin is right - the OP basically is "I'd stop bickering if everyone agreed with me."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoshuaW

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
✟11,457.00
Faith
Christian
If everyone would just agree with me, there would be no problem. The partisanship would end. We could move forward.
First, and I am sure, only time I will ever agree with you.

Same plea as the president, "stop the partisan politics and do things my way".

Upvote 0