Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It has to be voted for by the House, which is controlled by Republicans (and Senate, also controlled by Republicans?), and then presented to the President, who is also a Republican. So how does that contradict my summary?

Does it require a simple majority or 60+ or what? Just having a small majority doesn't mean that a party can get anything they want.

Even if the memo is a nothing burger, why keep it from the public? I am a sunshine kinda guy.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Four Words : Let the public decide.

No thank you. I trust the FBI over a group of ultra-right ideologues led by Nunes who has a record of undermining the work of the House Intelligence committee.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
No thank you. I trust the FBI over a group of ultra-right ideologues led by Nunes who has a record of undermining the work of the House Intelligence committee.

Just so we're clear: you are against the public knowing what is on the memo, regardless of the fact that if they are hyping up nothing it will damage the right's credibility and cause a feeding frenzy in the press?

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Apparently info from the Steele dossier was used as one of the reasons on a FISA warrant request. In the end it will turn out to be nothing as they only need probable cause, not proven fact. A nice lil distraction though to try to help discredit Russia investigations.
Oh, this is about pretending that the investigation into the Trump campaign and admin is based on a single person's writings. Makes sense that Trump supporters would suddenly be in favor of leaking government documents.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, this is about pretending that the investigation into the Trump campaign and admin is based on a single person's writings. Makes sense that Trump supporters would suddenly be in favor of leaking government documents.

Basically. My understanding is that Nunes created memos/notes based on things he saw in relation to one or more FISA warrants. He has an agenda though, so his possibly skewed perspective can't be taken seriously.

If they are going to release anything, they need to relese the actual FISA application, and not someone's commentary on it, especially not someone who sees anti-Trump bogeyman around every corner.

I actually think Nunes is being coerced into some of his actions, though. Ryan has the power to stop his meddling into Russia related matters, yet refuses to do so.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Basically. My understanding is that Nunes created memos/notes based on things he saw in relation to one or more FISA warrants. He has an agenda though, so his possibly skewed perspective can't be taken seriously.

If they are going to release anything, they need to relese the actual FISA application, and not someone's commentary on it, especially not someone who sees anti-Trump bogeyman around every corner.

I actually think Nunes is being coerced into some of his actions, though. Ryan has the power to stop his meddling into Russia related matters, yet refuses to do so.

I am confused as to just what this memo is. I thought it was something the DOJ sent over after they held on to it for months. Now I'm reading it's just some notes Nunes wrote ? If that's all it is I think a lot of people are going to be angry at Hannity!

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just so we're clear: you are against the public knowing what is on the memo, regardless of the fact that if they are hyping up nothing it will damage the right's credibility and cause a feeding frenzy in the press?

Nunoz's "committee" are free to release anything they want. I won't waste my time reading it.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yep, cherry picked information, assembled out of context to paint a picture of conspiracy and give Hannity and friends something to crow about.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Nunoz's "committee" are free to release anything they want. I won't waste my time reading it.

That is what I was talking about. They should be free to release it and the public can decide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So why are Nunes' notes classified?

From the article

"Because the underlying material supporting the memo’s conclusions is highly classified, Democrats noted, the document cannot be taken as proof of the allegations it contains."

Is there anyway to un- classify the documents?

I don't know the process for all of that, but without the documents to verify that what he is saying is even accurate, his notes/memos are useless, IMO. We're back to relying on he said/she said regarding dems and republicans and their view on the matter. Far too often they sensationalize stuff only to find out once everything hits sunlight, that it was either twisted or interpreted wrong from the start.

If another republican without a history of trying to sway the Russia investigation or shill for Trump had raised concerns, I'd take this more seriously. Nunes however has proven he cannot be trusted.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So why are Nunes' notes classified?

From the article

"Because the underlying material supporting the memo’s conclusions is highly classified, Democrats noted, the document cannot be taken as proof of the allegations it contains."

Is there anyway to un- classify the documents?

I'm assuming they are classified because they were made regarding classified documents.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does it require a simple majority or 60+ or what? Just having a small majority doesn't mean that a party can get anything they want.

Even if the memo is a nothing burger, why keep it from the public? I am a sunshine kinda guy.

It needs to get to the flor through the channels. Just takes more than 24 hours. There are other things going on.

No it was more accurate as stated.

Upvote 0