It is the presence of jesus that people who thirst for Him seek when they go to church

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,764.00
Faith
Christian
Last edited:

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why do you say so ? It is the right place voice in the desert is oriental orthodox the site tasbeha.org is an oriental orthodox site and it shows they have in the past embraced those songs to sing them I am not sure whether they think they should still sing them or not
Someone on the tasbeha.org forum uploaded the song. What was the topic of the thread you found the link in? I very much doubt they would be singing Protestant songs in their Divine Services.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is a section just for songs that it is promoted

Songs
From what I can tell, tasbeha.org is not an official site of the Coptic Orthodox Church, so I don't know what you can really determine from that site.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
By endured I mean they had allowed such songs being sung in youth meetings even if they were not sure it should be or most were okay with it until they had been allowed to be convinced by others it is not good
As long as they don't convey bad theology there is nothing particularly bad about them. It probably has more to do with the younger generation not keeping their mother tongue, so they've made use of English language praise songs from Protestant sources rather than writing their own. Hopefully they have now made the effort to produce their own songs more in keeping with the traditions of their faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peregrinus2017

Jun 17, 2017
British Columbia
✟217,368.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable may come along, but from my understanding, there has been a history of protestant groups trying to infiltrate and reform the Coptic Church. I know that there are bishops, such as H.G. Bishop Abanoub, and I think H.G. Bishop Serapion who have quite vocally condemned such influence.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Someone on the tasbeha.org forum uploaded the song. What was the topic of the thread you found the link in? I very much doubt they would be singing Protestant songs in their Divine Services.
lol yeah we don't. They sometimes can be sung in more informal gatherings, like during Christmas you can have children's choirs sing some traditional Protestant seasonal hymns, and youth groups sings stuff like that in their meetings.

Upvote 0