✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Philippians 3:9 (NASB20)
and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This righteousness that one needs to be found having, for it being, the very life of Christ itself…. For this is the free gift of God to mankind, Christ’s righteous life being brought to life in one, this is the life that must be manifested in one if one would be of the mind to get an abundant welcome….

For the manifesting of which comes not through one’s own effort, but by one recognizing one’s absolute need of it and the absolute impossibility of manifesting this life on one’s own…. For in the recognizing of one’s need, births the needed faith, and then the faith is the conduit to the life itself… For it is this free gift of the life of Christ in one that does produce the necessary righteousness if one has the will to maintain one’s trusting in God, which manifests the truth of the statement; ‘a sick one seeing their need of a doctor’…. For when one sees what one truly is, that being, nothing but disorder on legs, then one runs to this free gift that is being held out to all, for it is held out to all, but one seeing one’s need of this free gift, illuminates the gift….

For to the one that sees their need, this running, this fighting, this working out of one’s own salvation before God becomes one’s very life, all things take a second place to it…. For it is a free gift…. For the one that sees that this free gift of the life that produces righteousness is to be expressed in all of the doings of life by recognizing the faith that is capable of producing it… For that one’s need will grow a faith that will settle for nothing less, because the need sees the doing of righteousness in all things is God’s will in all things, then it sees how all but this will is of the disorder….

For fighting the fight to keep on trusting is the working out one is called to…. To not shrink back into doubt and fear when one’s human reasonings are throwing a fit, for this is the time of the greatest growth if one will soldier on to reap the fruit of righteousness that is waiting for the trusting one, which fruit will be discovered to be the very joy of one’s life….

For the righteousness of God is open and offered to all, the one that accepts this offer, and to the degree this offer is accepted, oh happy day, for that one will most assuredly receive Christ’s life to the degree the gift is accepted….

Be blessed in the need that does the accepting, Not me

Reactions: mourningdove~

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟437,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For the manifesting of which comes not through one’s own effort, but by one recognizing one’s absolute need of it and the absolute impossibility of manifesting this life on one’s own…. For in the recognizing of one’s need, births the needed faith, and then the faith is the conduit to the life itself… For it is this free gift of the life of Christ in one that does produce the necessary righteousness if one has the will to maintain one’s trusting in God, which manifests the truth of the statement; ‘a sick one seeing their need of a doctor’…. For when one sees what one truly is, that being, nothing but disorder on legs, then one runs to this free gift that is being held out to all, for it is held out to all, but one seeing one’s need of this free gift, illuminates the gift….
This is a fascinating subject that you've tackled ... one I rarely hear discussed. The subject of seeing one's "need" ...

The paragraph I've quoted (above) is particularly powerful.

When I gave my life to the Lord, I was keenly aware of my need for a Savior.
That awareness itself was a gift from God.

And I have struggles in this life that keep me dependent upon God.
Without Him, I could not do this life, nor would I want to.
Again, another gift.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

I know it may be hard for some struggling to see the blessing in what they are experiencing. I "get it".
But when our struggles, sufferings ... "needs" ... draw us closer to God, they are blessings ...
because it is when we are near to God, that are needs are met.

... the answer to all ou
r needs our found in Him. :heart:

Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a fascinating subject that you've tackled ... one I rarely hear discussed. The subject of seeing one's "need" ...

The paragraph I've quoted (above) is particularly powerful.

When I gave my life to the Lord, I was keenly aware of my need for a Savior.
That awareness itself was a gift from God.

And I have struggles in this life that keep me dependent upon God.
Without Him, I could not do this life, nor would I want to.
Again, another gift.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

I know it may be hard for some struggling to see the blessing in what they are experiencing. I "get it".
But when our struggles, sufferings ... "needs" ... draw us closer to God, they are blessings ...
because it is when we are near to God, that are needs are met.

... the answer to all ou
r needs our found in Him. :heart:
Thanks and blessings morningdove, may God so continue to bless and cause the growth of Himself in your innermost being….

Oh, to see our need of Him the more, for the growing…

Unto Him be our all, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Philippians 3:9 (NASB20)
and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This righteousness that one needs to be found having, for it being, the very life of Christ itself…. For this is the free gift of God to mankind, Christ’s righteous life being brought to life in one, this is the life that must be manifested in one if one would be of the mind to get an abundant welcome….

For to the one that sees their need, this running, this fighting, this working out of one’s own salvation before God becomes one’s very life, all things take a second place to it…. For it is a free gift…. For the one that sees that this free gift of the life that produces righteousness is to be expressed in all of the doings of life by recognizing the faith that is capable of producing it… For that one’s need will grow a faith that will settle for nothing less, because the need sees the doing of righteousness in all things is God’s will in all things, then it sees how all but this will is of the disorder….

For fighting the fight to keep on trusting is the working out one is called to…. To not shrink back into doubt and fear when one’s human reasonings are throwing a fit, for this is the time of the greatest growth if one will soldier on to reap the fruit of righteousness that is waiting for the trusting one, which fruit will be discovered to be the very joy of one’s life….

For the righteousness of God is open and offered to all, the one that accepts this offer, and to the degree this offer is accepted, oh happy day, for that one will most assuredly receive Christ’s life to the degree the gift is accepted….

Be blessed in the need that does the accepting, Not me

Earning our righteousness has alway been a fundamental misunderstanding of the goal of God's law, which is why there are many verse iike Philippians 3:9 that speak against it. In Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he will tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so the experience of knowing Christ is the goal of the law (Romans 10:4) and this should inform how to correctly interpret Philippians 3:8 in order to avoid incorrectly thinking that Paul was calling God's law dung and saying we just need to know Christ, but rather what he was calling dung was obeying the law without having a focus on knowing Christ and thus missing the whole goal of the law. The Bible often uses the same terms to describe the nature of God as it does to describe the nature of God's law, such as with it being holy, righteous, and good, and it could not accurately be described as such if it were not God's instructions for how to experience those aspects of His nature. The Son is the exact image of God's nature (Hebrew 1:3), which he expressed by setting a sinless example of walk, so way to have the experience of knowing him is through expressing his nature by following his example, which is the content of God's gift of eternal life (John 17:3). God is trustworthy, therefore His law is also trustworthy (Psalms 19:7), so to place our faith in the gift og God's law for how to experience the gift of Christ's righteousness is to place our faith in God for how to experience Christ.

Upvote 0