It is the last times, stand up and uphold sound doctrine.

NewCreation17

Jan 27, 2015
✟11,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mark 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Repent and believe! Believing and being baptized in water is only half of what Christ Jesus told us to do. Believing with your heart and proclaiming with your mouth Jesus Christ as Lord with no repentance of sin will leave men and women without the Holy Spirit, professing to have and know Christ, but living in darkness and sin, and can never seem to break free from sin, and on their way to eternal damnation still living in the unfruitful works of darkness and are promised eternal life by many false preachers and teachers.

The true gospel preached to the gentiles 2000+ years ago by Paul was one of a complete change and full surrender, having fruitful works with your faith. Where our manner of life and works testified to how GOD had changed us by His Spirit in Christ Jesus.

Acts 26:19-20
Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Repentance is a complete 180 degree turn from sin, a change of heart and thinking. Only GOD sees when you have repented from your heart of all sin and are ready to live for Him. This is why Some people get filled with the Holy Spirit immediately after repentance and baptism or believing on Jesus Christ, and some it takes weeks, months, years, of hard times and tribulations to finally get you to surrender with your own free will and decide you truly want to stop sinning and live for GOD. (false doctrine may play a part in not being filled too.) Spend time on your knees, with GOD and pour out your heart before Him and give Him everything. Ask GOD to help you let go of things you are struggling with! And in Jesus name ask the Father to fill you with His Holy Spirit. (anything you idolize or put before GOD can keep you from being filled.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those that believe in Christ Jesus will be judged by faith and works. Faith alone is dead, let us bear fruit and not be lukewarm in the last times.
Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

1 Peter 4:17-18 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

2 Corinthians 5:10-11 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

2 James 2:14-20
14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

We must put to death all sin in our lives to overcome when we are judged. To have Christ Jesus in you and the hope of eternal life you must repent and believe and be filled with the Holy Spirit (born again). Without the Holy Spirit, this next verse is nearly impossible because the flesh has not been put to death by the Spirit of GOD,

1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 8:12-13
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Beware of false teaching,

Ezekiel 12:22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

A great lie is that there is no way to stop sinning, that a Christian sins daily, if not weekly or monthly.

Galatians 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Even after we repent and put to death sin by the power of the Holy Spirit that changes us into the image of Christ, we must NOT build again the things which we destroyed, this is called falling away or backsliding.

Galatians 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

But lastly read what Jesus said to one of His churches, to give us an idea of how we will be judged in the end times.

Revelations 2:2-5 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Let us love each other and speak truth to all, with a pure heart and clean hands, in meekness and in love!

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My only problem with this is the contrast between Paul and James in regards to justification by works, and the example of Abraham.

Martin Luther got it right when he pointed out that Paul speaks of "justification" before God by faith, while James speaks of "justification" before men by works.

Also be weary that there will be "Christians" that will point to "works" and Jesus will tell them to depart he knows them not.

It does no good to call one a "Christian" and not have "works" to show for that. (James)

Justification before God is by faith alone as in the case of Abraham. (Paul)

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Mark 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Repent and believe! Believing and being baptized in water is only half of what Christ Jesus told us to do. Believing with your heart and proclaiming with your mouth Jesus Christ as Lord with no repentance of sin will leave men and women without the Holy Spirit, professing to have and know Christ, but living in darkness and sin, and can never seem to break free from sin, and on their way to eternal damnation still living in the unfruitful works of darkness and are promised eternal life by many false preachers and teachers.

The true gospel preached to the gentiles 2000+ years ago by Paul was one of a complete change and full surrender, having fruitful works with your faith. Where our manner of life and works testified to how GOD had changed us by His Spirit in Christ Jesus.

Acts 26:19-20
Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Repentance is a complete 180 degree turn from sin, a change of heart and thinking. Only GOD sees when you have repented from your heart of all sin and are ready to live for Him. This is why Some people get filled with the Holy Spirit immediately after repentance and baptism or believing on Jesus Christ, and some it takes weeks, months, years, of hard times and tribulations to finally get you to surrender with your own free will and decide you truly want to stop sinning and live for GOD. (false doctrine may play a part in not being filled too.) Spend time on your knees, with GOD and pour out your heart before Him and give Him everything. Ask GOD to help you let go of things you are struggling with! And in Jesus name ask the Father to fill you with His Holy Spirit. (anything you idolize or put before GOD can keep you from being filled.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those that believe in Christ Jesus will be judged by faith and works. Faith alone is dead, let us bear fruit and not be lukewarm in the last times.
Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

1 Peter 4:17-18 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

2 Corinthians 5:10-11 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

2 James 2:14-20
14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

We must put to death all sin in our lives to overcome when we are judged. To have Christ Jesus in you and the hope of eternal life you must repent and believe and be filled with the Holy Spirit (born again). Without the Holy Spirit, this next verse is nearly impossible because the flesh has not been put to death by the Spirit of GOD,

1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 8:12-13
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Beware of false teaching,

Ezekiel 12:22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

A great lie is that there is no way to stop sinning, that a Christian sins daily, if not weekly or monthly.

Galatians 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Even after we repent and put to death sin by the power of the Holy Spirit that changes us into the image of Christ, we must NOT build again the things which we destroyed, this is called falling away or backsliding.

Galatians 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

But lastly read what Jesus said to one of His churches, to give us an idea of how we will be judged in the end times.

Revelations 2:2-5 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Let us love each other and speak truth to all, with a pure heart and clean hands, in meekness and in love!
Essentially what you are preaching is a works salvation. You will get sealed by the Spirit, who is promised to all who believe, when you exercise your free will to quit sinning. What you are saying is the the complete and finished work of Christ is not enough for God and not enough for the believer. You are telling us that we cannot actually rest in Christ alone.

You see faith in the heart produces the fruit of true repentance and sorrow for sin. Grace in the heart makes God's people gracious and loving. Sheep do what is natural to sheep, they follow their Shepherd.

By the manner of your writing I suspect that you are not Baptist but Pentecostal or at least Charismatic.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Essentially what you are preaching is a works salvation. You will get sealed by the Spirit, who is promised to all who believe, when you exercise your free will to quit sinning. What you are saying is the the complete and finished work of Christ is not enough for God and not enough for the believer. You are telling us that we cannot actually rest in Christ alone.

You see faith in the heart produces the fruit of true repentance and sorrow for sin. Grace in the heart makes God's people gracious and loving. Sheep do what is natural to sheep, they follow their Shepherd.

By the manner of your writing I suspect that you are not Baptist but Pentecostal or at least Charismatic.

Two verses come to mind here.

The Church of Christ teach:

"But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." -Acts 10:35 (KJV)

In other words, there are certain "works of righteousness" Christians must do.

However, the ultimate "work of righteousness" was done by our Savior on the cross. So anything less than that does not compare.

Jesus also taught:

"So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do." -Lk. 17:10 (KJV)

If we could do all that is asked of us, we still have done nothing more, or above and beyond, what is expected of us, which makes us nothing more than "unprofitable servants".

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

NewCreation17

Jan 27, 2015
✟11,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Two verses come to mind here.

The Church of Christ teach:

"But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." -Acts 10:35 (KJV)

In other words, there are certain "works of righteousness" Christians must do.

However, the ultimate "work of righteousness" was done by our Savior on the cross. So anything less than that does not compare.

Jesus also taught:

"So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do." -Lk. 17:10 (KJV)

If we could do all that is asked of us, we still have done nothing more, or above and beyond, what is expected of us, which makes us nothing more than "unprofitable servants".

God Bless

Till all are one.

Amen Bro. Dan.

Let us love/continue loving others brother :) and tell people the truth (GODs word) without shame.

Hebrews 13:2
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

I do not want to be the priest that passed the man that fell among thieves and did not help him at all. I do not want our Lord Jesus to tell me He never knew me.

And this is a powerful video of a man who worked in many gifts and had many works, but Jesus told him he was not right to enter heaven at that time, you'll see why in the testimony.

His testimony kind of goes along with this passage, the only difference was Jesus warned him before he went to judgement, praise the Lord!

Matthew 19:22-25
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Amen Bro. Dan.

Let us love/continue loving others brother :) and tell people the truth (GODs word) without shame.

Hebrews 13:2
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

I do not want to be the priest that passed the man that fell among thieves and did not help him at all. I do not want our Lord Jesus to tell me He never knew me.

And this is a powerful video of a man who worked in many gifts and had many works, but Jesus told him he was not right to enter heaven at that time, you'll see why in the testimony.

His testimony kind of goes along with this passage, the only difference was Jesus warned him before he went to judgement, praise the Lord!

Matthew 19:22-25
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
If you think that you are free from sin you have no idea what sin is.

Upvote 0
Sep 14, 2015
✟7,652.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
If you think that you are free from sin you have no idea what sin is.

How then can anyone be saved? I agree no one is free from sin, but how can we escape the judgment? I thought I had faith in Christ but I have been found to come up short. God forgive me.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
How then can anyone be saved? I agree no one is free from sin, but how can we escape the judgment? I thought I had faith in Christ but I have been found to come up short. God forgive me.
Being united to Christ by faith we are free from the penalty of sin, the dominion of sin and eventually when we either die of are given our new bodies from the presence of sin. All believers escape the judgment by being in Christ. He has done all that is required by God of us and God accepts Him and us in Him. He alone is enough for God and enough for us. We need nothing but Him and can find rest for our souls in Him. Once we find ourselves resting in Him alone we are free to work not in order to earn favor or be rewarded but simply out of love for Christ and love for His people. We are no longer bound by works but free to work.

It sounds as though you were looking to your faith and not to Christ. We none have the faith that we ought to have nor the love that we should have or the commitment that we should. We are still in the body of death called the flesh and it is corrupt. We still do the same sins over and over because the flesh is weak and so easily enticed by sin. That is no excuse to sin but an explanation of why we sin.

I use the analogy of the way in which we used to cure dogs of killing chickens. When we had a dog who killed chickens we would tie the dead chicken around its neck and make it carry it around until it fell off. That stinking dead corpse smelled so bad after a while that the dog never killed another chicken. I think that is what the Lord is doing to us. He leaves us in this stinking corpse in order for the foul smell of it causes us to hate it and the sin that it represents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 14, 2015
✟7,652.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
It sounds as though you were looking to your faith and not to Christ. We none have the faith that we ought to have nor the love that we should have or the commitment that we should. We are still in the body of death called the flesh and it is corrupt. We still do the same sins over and over because the flesh is weak and so easily enticed by sin. That is no excuse to sin but an explanation of why we sin.

I agree that I must look to Christ. I have a hard time having confidence in this, so I just keep throwing myself on His mercy, asking Him to forgive me. Is that looking to Him? I have nothing else to offer.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because salvation is NOT the absence of sin.
It is from being in a covenant relationship with God by faith.

Forgiveness of sins is part of the covenant. See Jeremiah 31.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I agree that I must look to Christ. I have a hard time having confidence in this, so I just keep throwing myself on His mercy, asking Him to forgive me. Is that looking to Him? I have nothing else to offer.
Faith in Christ is nothing more and nothing less than seeing in Him alone all that God requires. It is resting in His finished work alone and in nothing of yourself. When you look at yourself all you can see is sin if you are honest. He is enough for God and enough for the sinner who trusts Him.

I use the analogy of a man on the roof of a burning building. He will look every way he can to find a way to get himself off of the burning building. But until he has no hope other than to just jump into the waiting arms of the One who can catch and save him he will perish in the flames. Once he does jump though he is committed and must trust that the One who can catch him is able to do so.

Upvote 0
Sep 14, 2015
✟7,652.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Faith in Christ is nothing more and nothing less than seeing in Him alone all that God requires. It is resting in His finished work alone and in nothing of yourself. When you look at yourself all you can see is sin if you are honest. He is enough for God and enough for the sinner who trusts Him.

I use the analogy of a man on the roof of a burning building. He will look every way he can to find a way to get himself off of the burning building. But until he has no hope other than to just jump into the waiting arms of the One who can catch and save him he will perish in the flames. Once he does jump though he is committed and must trust that the One who can catch him is able to do so.

That is very clear to me. And incredibly simple. Please pray that I can see him in that way.

Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God forbid any of us sin, when we do we have Christ our Lord. Confessing our sins, turning to Him...He is our hope. The Bible says, blessed is the man whom the Lord does not impute sin. It is Christ's righteouness that justifies us, by the grace of God. The Law is a tutor, pointing us to Christ. What is the Law teaching us, it teaches us that we are all wretched men. It humbles us before a just and glorious God. When we find this, we find the true Sabbath which is Christ. He is our rest.

Each and every day I fail in the Law, it humbles me as I turn to Christ. The fulfillment of the law. In this I can judge righteously, I am a sinner as wretched as all other men. Yet by God's grace we have faith in Jesus Christ. It is Christ that has died for my sins, according to the scriptures. He was buried and the third day he rose from the grave, according to the scriptures. We have hope, hope in God's great mercy, hope in Christ our Lord.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0

NewCreation17

Jan 27, 2015
✟11,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are still in the body of death called the flesh and it is corrupt. We still do the same sins over and over because the flesh is weak and so easily enticed by sin. That is no excuse to sin but an explanation of why we sin.

The power of sin working in the flesh is not an excuse to sin anymore. The Holy Spirit (power of GOD) gives us the ability to put to death all sin in our life. We can NOT continue living after the flesh committing the same sins. Through repentance and believing on Jesus Christ as the scriptures hath said the Holy Spirit will come in and adopt you(Acts 2:38)(Romans 8:15), and set you free. For where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.

All of Romans 8 explains how we must walk after the Spirit and no longer live after the flesh, for the Holy Spirit makes you born again in the spirit, a new creature, a new man made after righteousness and true holiness after the image of Him that created him.(Ephesians 4:22-24)

Romans 8:8-10
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 8:13-14
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Galatians 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

1 John 3:19
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

I hope this reaches you my friend, because so much teaching has been accepted on continuing in sin and darkness (1 Timothy 4:3-4) and it is against the Word of GOD and against the straight and narrow path and few there be that find it.

1 Peter 4: 17-18
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

This truth reached me when I was about 20-21 years old. Before then I had not the Spirit of GOD dwelling in me, yet I believed in Christ Jesus my whole life and was still sinning.

I had never repented truly and turned from sin in my heart for 20 years. I was never told about the Holy Spirit and what He does for us. Not just give us power over sin in our life, but He comforts, and guides, and convicts us, and helps us. From what I remember it took me a few weeks of seeking GOD and getting on my knees before my heart was right and I had repented in GOD's eyes. (He looks at the heart). I was addicted to video games, inappropriate content, and wanting women to like me etc... I was deep in idolatry and yet I asked for forgiveness every night. But when the truth came, I had to accept it. You can break free from the flesh and the power of sin in your life. (And have more joy in GOD than when you were in sin!) But we all must repent from our hearts and turn from sin. When you repent and confess your sins and believe on Jesus Christ as the scriptures hath said, GOD will wash you in the blood of Jesus Christ forgiving you of ALL your sins, and fill you with the Holy Spirit adopting you into His family + giving you power to destroy the works of the flesh by the Holy Spirit. This is called born again. We must be born of the water and of the Spirit and not of the flesh to enter the kingdom of GOD.

Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The power of sin working in the flesh is not an excuse to sin anymore.

You are exactly right.

However...who in this life has been so indwelt that the Holy Spirit has done this?

There has not been anyone, except the Lord Jesus who has done this.

It is a mark, not even the disciples/apostles could attain.

How many times after Pentecost did Peter sin?

How many times did Paul sin?

I know the answer. Do you?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The power of sin working in the flesh is not an excuse to sin anymore. The Holy Spirit (power of GOD) gives us the ability to put to death all sin in our life. We can NOT continue living after the flesh committing the same sins. Through repentance and believing on Jesus Christ as the scriptures hath said the Holy Spirit will come in and adopt you(Acts 2:38)(Romans 8:15), and set you free. For where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.

All of Romans 8 explains how we must walk after the Spirit and no longer live after the flesh, for the Holy Spirit makes you born again in the spirit, a new creature, a new man made after righteousness and true holiness after the image of Him that created him.(Ephesians 4:22-24)

Romans 8:8-10
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 8:13-14
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Galatians 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

1 John 3:19
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

I hope this reaches you my friend, because so much teaching has been accepted on continuing in sin and darkness (1 Timothy 4:3-4) and it is against the Word of GOD and against the straight and narrow path and few there be that find it.

1 Peter 4: 17-18
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

This truth reached me when I was about 20-21 years old. Before then I had not the Spirit of GOD dwelling in me, yet I believed in Christ Jesus my whole life and was still sinning.

I had never repented truly and turned from sin in my heart for 20 years. I was never told about the Holy Spirit and what He does for us. Not just give us power over sin in our life, but He comforts, and guides, and convicts us, and helps us. From what I remember it took me a few weeks of seeking GOD and getting on my knees before my heart was right and I had repented in GOD's eyes. (He looks at the heart). I was addicted to video games, inappropriate content, and wanting women to like me etc... I was deep in idolatry and yet I asked for forgiveness every night. But when the truth came, I had to accept it. You can break free from the flesh and the power of sin in your life. (And have more joy in GOD than when you were in sin!) But we all must repent from our hearts and turn from sin. When you repent and confess your sins and believe on Jesus Christ as the scriptures hath said, GOD will wash you in the blood of Jesus Christ forgiving you of ALL your sins, and fill you with the Holy Spirit adopting you into His family + giving you power to destroy the works of the flesh by the Holy Spirit. This is called born again. We must be born of the water and of the Spirit and not of the flesh to enter the kingdom of GOD.
That sounds like a whole lot of Charismatic nonsense. If you are not a Baptist you cannot be teaching in this forum.

Upvote 0