It is permissive for Christians to eat meat today

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,812.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thats too funny! ^_^^_^^_^

Thats a great idea to take up free ranging rats for consumption. I'll try anything once (except bugs) but I did post some bug eating videos in another forum. I just won't be able to get past the "crunch and crackling" of the exoskeleton. I'll have to stick with making earth worm jerky, people are really creative.

I gotta get me a good Venezuelan cook book since our way of eating will be very likely be changing in the not too distant future.^_^

Hope you are doing well bbbbbbb. Good to see you after so many years:groupray:

I'm glad you enjoyed my post. I am doing well and it is good to see you again after so many years.

I am with you completely about bugs. I also turned down fresh blood - too risky. You might consider a trip to Vietnam. It is incredibly inexpensive, a beautiful country in the midst of industrialization (yuck) and growing pollution. The people are friendly. Just go in the winter when it is not so hot. It is a tropical country with hot and humid summers

I also am willing to try almost anything once. Sometimes, as with snake (too many fine bones), I don't like it, but most of the times, as with turtle and pig brain, I have been very pleasantly surprised.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,417.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes. I grew up in a predominantly Catholic country where people made feasts for each of their patron saints (specialty gods) every year.
They don't devote or offer the food to their patron Saints.
Do not bear false witness against your neighbour.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,812.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I grew up in a Catholic city and never knew any Catholic believer or church to offer food at the altars of the various saints and members of the Godhead.

Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heres one before the law where it says,

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you;
even as the green herb have I given you all things. (Second verse see below)

And being the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob who were meat eaters
Isaac says,

Gen 27:7 Bring me venison, and make me savoury meat, that I may eat, and bless thee before the LORD before my death.

James wrote concerning the Gentiles which believe

Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

From blood, flesh with the life thereof

Genesis 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Which seems a bit barbaric that they would do something like this

1 Sam 14:32 And the people flew upon the spoil, and took sheep, and oxen, and calves, and slew them on the ground: and the people did eat them with the blood.

But I am not sure its just that, because it speaks of the cup of the Lord and the cup of devils also so I do not know what the Gentiles did, but hearing about some of this weird hollywood type stuff out there the same creepy weird could reemerge I guess.

Upvote 0

covid-19v1

Dec 18, 2020
Louisiana
✟11,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you one of their new generation members who don't know the origin of those pagan feasts? Yes, if you ask any ordinary Catholic members who are less than 50 years old, most likely they don't think those food are offered to those minor "gods".

But when you ask an elderly member of their devotees, those food are prepared in honor of "the patron saint".

Upvote 0

covid-19v1

Dec 18, 2020
Louisiana
✟11,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I grew up in a Catholic city and never knew any Catholic believer or church to offer food at the altars of the various saints and members of the Godhead.
Most of them only have statue of "Virgin Mary" in their home altars. The statue of their patron saints are housed in their local church/chapel and carried on a parade throughout the village streets during the day of feast.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,417.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are you one of their new generation members who don't know the origin of those pagan feasts? Yes, if you ask any ordinary Catholic members who are less than 50 years old, most likely they don't think those food are offered to those minor "gods".

But when you ask an elderly member of their devotees, those food are prepared in honor of "the patron saint".
And that is still not offering or devoting food to their patron Saints. The feast day is simply a celebration of the Saint, a remembrance of the manner in which they served God whether through martyrdom or their deep love for God's children. When the food is blessed, it is a prayer to God just the same as before the meal on any other day.
There are no pagan origins to Saint's feast days. None. It is a baseless false accusation from ignorant Protestants who simply repeat the lies of people like Alexander Hislop.
I am not, nor have I ever been Catholic. I believe the Catholic Church is in error regarding their ecclessiology and theology, but I do not spread lies about them as you do.

Upvote 0

covid-19v1

Dec 18, 2020
Louisiana
✟11,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And that is still not offering or devoting food to their patron Saints. The feast day is simply a celebration of the Saint, a remembrance of the manner in which they served God whether through martyrdom or their deep love for God's children. When the food is blessed, it is a prayer to God just the same as before the meal on any other day.
There are no pagan origins to Saint's feast days. None. It is a baseless false accusation from ignorant Protestants who simply repeat the lies of people like Alexander Hislop.
I am not, nor have I ever been Catholic. I believe the Catholic Church is in error regarding their ecclessiology and theology, but I do not spread lies about them as you do.
I'm just sharing to you guys what we did... l was raised in the Roman Catholic Church religion/family. People worship the idols of those patron saints. They kiss them...they bow and kneel before them. I used to take part in those activities as a kid.

Catholic farmers pray to their patron saint for good harvest. The same way fishermen pray to their own patron saint. There's a patron saint for those who want to get pregnant. They don't pray to God...they pray to the image of Mary, of baby Jesus, of the crucified Jesus, and to the images of the patron saints.

But I'm no longer part of it. The Lord saved me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Jesus Christ dwelled the fulness of the Godhead bodily

Paul says,

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Its called times of this ignorance there

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,417.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
People worship the idols of those patron saints. They kiss them...they bow and kneel before them.
These activities all come out of a culture where people were given honour and respect. Kissing someone is a show of love. In Japan, people still bow to each other and if you were to have an audience with Queen Elizabeth II, no-one would accuse you of worshipping her if you were to bow to her as would be the cultural norm. None of those things you have described constitute worship.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Daniel Marsh said:
Romans 14
Easy-to-Read Version

14 Be willing to accept those who still have doubts about what believers can do. And don’t argue with them about their different ideas. 2 Some people believe they can eat any kind of food, but those who have doubts eat only vegetables. 3 Those who know they can eat any kind of food must not feel that they are better than those who eat only vegetables. And those who eat only vegetables must not decide that those who eat all foods are wrong. God has accepted them. 4 You cannot judge the servants of someone else. Their own master decides if they are doing right or wrong. And the Lord’s servants will be right, because the Lord is able to make them right.

PETA propaganda is not acceptable in this discussion.

Before the flood it is possible some people only ate vegetables. Beef Jerky has been found in Archeological sites that could predate Noah --- I do not know for sure.

https://cen.acs.org/articles/91/i47/Mummified-Beef-Jerky-Found-Pyramids.html#:~:text=USA-,Preserved beef found in the tomb of Egyptian Queen Tiye,University of Bristol's Richard P.

Pyramids and Protein « Ancient Egypt Research Associates

"Constructed between 2589 and 2504 B.C., the Egyptian pyramids of Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure, built in that order, are a testament to ancient planning and engineering."
Pyramids of Giza & the Sphinx | Live Science

I do not know if those pyramids were built before or after the flood.

You clearly posted for this new thread when your argument with me was closed (for being off-topic). And my saying anything about it was for showing one example that revelation is progressive.

None of this counters what I said, still, you just made strawman arguments, and do not follow the passage you yourself post to others, don't argue with them about their different ideas.

You had said to me, "In some of your posts you have parroted arguments from Peta, including their interpretation of scripture. Research by the courts into claims of peta about industry farms mistreating animals has proven the peta claims to be false. The videoes of abuse of animals comes from Peta. You do give me the impression that you can not accept the fact that many people today eat meat. And, you do give the impression that you are judging meat eaters."

None of that really applied to any of what I said, and I did tell you that then. I did not know about any of what points PETA said when I chose a vegan way many years ago, actually with much prayer, and still nothing of PETA was involved when I found the Forks Over Knives way of the the healthiest way to eat, five years ago now. Your responses show you just don't look at any video, and I do not show anything from PETA, you just have an axe to grind with them and assume anything I say must be derived from them, which it was not, and regardless what information there is on PETA, my points stand, even if you dismiss them and disregard what I have said. I have not told you how you are supposed to eat, and it was not about if how you eat is permissive to Christians. Any of many things are permitted, but that is irrelevant to what is better, and that is what I speak about.

Eggs and dairy are not even healthy, those industries cannot even claim it with basis. And optimal health does not depend on animal products. There is not mere survival without animal products, people thrive without those. Anyone should get vitamin B12 supplements if they just get store bought food, it is too easy to not get enough otherwise, whether having animal products or not. This vitamin is only produced from some soil bacteria, animals and people can get the vitamin from food they get in natural environments, but any of the bacteria for it or the vitamin are missing from what animals used in the industry are fed.

In the Bible, no one was permitted meat from animals until after the global flood over fifteen hundred years after the first human people were cast away from the garden of Eden, though some wicked people probably started having meat when sacrifices of animals were happening.

Using marketed animal products is much worse, with animal agriculture being very destructive to the natural world and the global climate, and its use of a lot more resources.

God did not create sentient animal creatures in this world to just use as food continuously, they desire to live too, and feel and have terror of their oncoming death, use of food from them is NOT better for our health, and it is using a lot more resources and is worse for the environment. It simply is not according to the perfect will of God and God is not intending for use of animals for food to last, there are scriptures showing this and none showing it was to keep continuing.

See www.forksoverknives.com,
Plant-Based Diets and Environmental Sustainability.

Modern pioneers like T. Colin Cambell, PhD; Caldwell Esselstyn, MD; Dean Ornish, MD; John McDougall, MD; Neal Barnard, MD; and others are leading the charge. Thanks to these doctors and researchers, along with an emerging body of scientific evidence from all corners, we now know that a whole-food, plant-based diet is more powerful at preventing and treating chronic diseases than any medication or procedure. We are so convinced by the evidence that we believe if this diet came in a pill, it would be heralded on the front pages of newspapers and magazines around the world for its effectiveness.

Here are just a few of the significant life-changing results you may expect:

Prevent and reverse the leading chronic ailments. A whole-food, plant-based diet can prevent, halt, and even reverse heart disease and diabetes. Other diseases that are also positively impacted by this type of diet include: high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity, and overall mortality. Cancer is also significantly affected by this diet. In fact, the foods that make up this diet are the exact same foods that were recommended in the first "surviving cancer" dietary recommendations. There is also evidence that a plant-based diet may reduce the risk of diverticular disease, gallstones, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and kidney disease. Furthermore, after switching to a plant-based diet, people routinely report experiencing or seeing in others improvements in a range of ailments, including osteoporosis, arthritis, headaches, acne, asthma, sexual dysfunction, reflux, lupus, inflammatory bowel disease, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, dementia, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, infertility, insomnia, and sleep apnea. They even find themselves experiencing fewer or less intense colds, viruses, and allergies.

Reach your ideal weight. Our friend Doug Lisle likes to point out that humans and their domesticated pets are the only earthly creatures that suffer from being overweight and obese ... in spite of the fact that we're also the only creatures who practice portion control! Why is this the case? It's simple. All the other animals on earth are eating foods that are appropriate for their species. If we also eat foods that are appropriate for our species -- whole, plant-based foods -- then we, too, will be able to eat without portion control and will naturally reach a comfortable weight.

Improve mental clarity Eating a whole-food, plant-based diet improves cognitive function and protects against dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Most people experience greater clarity of thought, improved ability to concentrate, and better memory.

Experience only positive effects, not "side effects". These can include better mood, sounder sleep, improved bowel function, and more vibrant skin. You will have more energy to do the things you love, like playing with your children or grandchildren, biking, gardening, walking, swimming. You may even want to exercise more. By contrast, medical procedures and medications can have all sorts of major unintended negative consequences.

Quoted from Forks Over Knives Plan.

Pyramids were made after the flood

Last edited:
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,812.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am coming up on the first anniversary of the death of my mother's first cousin. She died at the beginning of July just two days short of her 104th birthday. She ate a regular, balanced diet including meat, eggs, and dairy products her entire life. I am not at all sure that I want to live to be 104. I might consider becoming vegan in order to shorten my lifespan.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,417.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How convenient...can't make a valid argument, so just make a personal attack.
You want me to engage in a long response to your completely off topic post demontrating your ignorance of Catholic theology and praxis when I am not even Catholic? I was stating a fact, not making a personal attack.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,417.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I find it interesting that you, admitting to be a non-Catholic, claim to know the real facts about Catholicism more than an actual former Catholic who is actually just stating the fact -- what's actually being practiced by real Catholics.

Try to deceive people all you want, but your lies will be uncovered and pointed out.
There are plenty of actual Catholics on this forum you can learn the real facts about Catholicism from, not the distorted caricature you present. I was raised in the Anglican Church, but my mindset is so different now as an Eastern Orthodox that I have long recognised I can no longer be a reliable witness for Anglican teaching and praxis. You are no different.

Upvote 0