Kentucky
✟18,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I can not erase these words from my mind.
At twenty years old and very far from God, I had a near-death experience.
In a restaurant having dinner with my roommate my body collapsed.
I was immediately drawn into a series of events in my life that had occurred from birth until that very moment. These were the memories of love and fulfillment that I passed through like blocks of time catapulting me through to another place of innate belonging.
When my spirit arrived at the end of these visions I came to the end, but it was the beginning of something of pure light that shown piercing through. As I stayed there still in the darkness I could see this light like an open door lighting through on a dark room.
Behind me was a guide I could not see but felt, that led me like a child by it's mother.
A voice called to this guide with complete authority " It is not her time yet". Immediately following the last sound of the last word in His statement, I was back in the restaurant looking up at my roommate. I did not recognize him or where I was for a brief moment. I did feel complete disappointment that I was "back".. It was as if my spirit felt lost again,as though I was not where I belonged.
I never spoke of that moment. Years later I told my older children briefly without detail.
I was lost for 23 years after that incident. It was not until the Holy Spirit called on my soul to follow Christ that I have wondered why I got another chance.
Everyday I think about that vision.
Sometimes I feel very blessed to know what it feels like to sit on the doorstep of Heaven. I was given earthly knowledge and a glimpse of Heaven. I have been given the knowledge of vision with faith.
I speak very little of this because most people seem to have a difficult time believing what happened to me.
I think the Holy Spirit carried my soul to heaven on the wings of all the love that I experienced in life. It was Christ that I heard that called out to the Spirit with sovereignty.
He was to the right of the Perfect Light.
In studying the Bible,Theology, and Apologetics. This moment has become more definitive in many ways. The accuracy is stunningly true and miraculous.
I just wonder all the time why me?

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just wonder all the time why me?

You are not the least bit alone. Many people have had such experiences, only they too have not always been well-received after sharing them. Having spent a little time in your particular denomination while in college, I have a good guess at the type of reception you received.

But thanks for sharing. Part of what the Lord probably wanted in sparing you was for you to testify to this experience, and you have proven faithful to that call.

God bless, and I enjoyed your post.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, Yahweh has a purpose for each of us. Encourage you to begin with your family and tell them as many details as you can remember and put a written version in your important papers. I don't believe every account but particular ones - like yours - I do. Just read Imagine Heaven https://www.hoopladigital.com/ I paid !.99. Enjoyed it.

From Scripture:
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." (II Cor 5:8). But we've no idea when this "...absent from the body..." actually occurs because death is when both the spirit and soul leaves the body permanently - "For as the body without the spirit is dead,..." (James 2:26).

These Biblical accounts show that it's not always permanent:
Elijah - "And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the Lord, and said, O Lord my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again."22 And the Lord heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived." (I Kings 17:21-22)

Also, "And when Elisha was come into the house, behold, the child was dead, and laid upon his bed. 33 He went in therefore, and shut the door upon them twain, and prayed unto the Lord. 34 And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm. 35 Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes. (II Kings 4:32-35).

Yeshua "And he cometh to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and seeth the tumult, and them that wept and wailed greatly. 39 And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth. 40 And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying. 41 And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. 42 And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment. 43 And he charged them straitly that no man should know it; and commanded that something should be given her to eat." (Mark 5).

Yeshua said she wasn't dead because He knew it wasn't permanent imo. I've wondered if the episode was caused from her not eating since Yeshua told them to give her something to eat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0