United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Abos

Absolutely not,I do not condone that.I do not know him personally,so I cannot say if he is forgiving or not.I'm not gonna argue about this,I stated my opinion about the issue,and that is how I feel.If you really want to talk about this issue you can inbox me.

Good. I'm glad you don't condone that conduct. Other Christian folks who don't condone it either speak up about it, perhaps in ways that are different than how you express yourself, but that doesn't mean it's out of hatred.

Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good. I'm glad you don't condone that conduct. Other Christian folks who don't condone it either speak up about it, perhaps in ways that are different than how you express yourself, but that doesn't mean it's out of hatred.
I see what you mean

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still not sure when pointing out when someone. who's supposed to be serving you as the leader of this country, is doing something you don't agree with be became "hate"? I hear that description a lot now a days...of course during the last administration it seemed perfectly ok to point out anything you disagreed with as often and as loudly as you liked. Hey, maybe that all changed sometime around Jan. of 2017? You know, when those Scriptures about "respecting the leader of your nation" or "God appointed the leaders of your Nation." were discovered to be in the Bible. I think it was around the same time when it no longer mattered if the person you were voting for lied all the time, cheated on all three of his wives or paid off inappropriate content stars. :wave:
tulc(thinks he may be on to something there) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand everyone has their view on their current president,and that is fine.But I feel as Christians,we should not be joining in on hating the President or making fun of him.We are supposed to love everyone,and even though he has made mistakes,its not right to attack him for it and join in on what majority is doing.
Amen:).

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,082.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Anyone who has a problem with Trump, actually has an issue with democracy. Trump is the elected president of the United States.

Why are people in conflict with democracy?
Uh, no. Speaking out when you are opposed to the actions of an elected official is part of democracy. Just because he was elected doesn't mean that everybody needs to magically agree with what he says and does.

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who has a problem with Trump, actually has an issue with democracy. Trump is the elected president of the United States.

Why are people in conflict with democracy?

? I’m sorry David I can’t make any sense of that. In what way is criticising a president’s actions an attack on democracy?

Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Still not sure when pointing out when someone. who's supposed to be serving you as the leader of this country, is doing something you don't agree with be became "hate"? I hear that description a lot now a days...of course during the last administration it seemed perfectly ok to point out anything you disagreed with as often and as loudly as you liked. Hey, maybe that all changed sometime around Jan. of 2017? You know, when those Scriptures about "respecting the leader of your nation" or "God appointed the leaders of your Nation." were discovered to be in the Bible. I think it was around the same time when it no longer mattered if the person you were voting for lied all the time, cheated on all three of his wives or paid off inappropriate content stars. :wave:
tulc(thinks he may be on to something there) :oldthumbsup:
Nothing wrong with disagreeing,I am talking about bashing the President over everything is a little ridiculous

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do believe in hate the sin,love the sinner.I should have put I do not agree with people making fun of the President.I have seen a few people claim to be Christian,but will bash the President in a minute.I just think some people have forgot the concept of forgiveness,and hold a lot of the president's head.Do I agree with everything he says,no I do not.But bashing him over every little thing is not gonna help him become a better President.None of the President's are perfect,and I just find it weird how so many people are so up in arms over Trump when many President's have done worse and been forgiven just as quickly as they said or did something.

There is always a lot of vitriol directed towards US presidents from within the US. Around the time of the last election I saw a lot of FB posts comparing the Obama family to animals and a whole lot of other nastiness I won’t post here. Nothing one sided about criticism of Trump. Just do a news search for Clinton, Reagan, etc. You can find all kinds of bizarre accusations levelled at the Clintons here on CF.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing wrong with disagreeing,I am talking about bashing the President over everything is a little ridiculous

What do you mean ‘bashing’ and ‘everything’? Can you give some examples?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My main observations have come fron social media.When I say bashing,I mean people commenting on issues about Trump without having any knowledge at all.It just seems as if everything he does is a problem in some people's eyes.For example,when he met up with the Japanese president,they fed the Koi fish,and people were upset with the way he went about it,which I thought was ridiculous.I just some people band wagon and dislike Trump without much knowledge about him all.Which I will admit I do not know much about politics myself,but I am just stating what I see in the media.A big example in CNN,they report on everything Trump does.

• Haha
Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My main observations have come fron social media.When I say bashing,I mean people commenting on issues about Trump without having any knowledge at all.It just seems as if everything he does is a problem in some people's eyes.For example,when he met up with the Japanese president,they fed the Koi fish,and people were upset with the way he went about it,which I thought was ridiculous.I just some people band wagon and dislike Trump without much knowledge about him all.Which I will admit I do not know much about politics myself,but I am just stating what I see in the media.A big example in CNN,they report on everything Trump does.

I get what you mean, I’ve had a few eye roll moments at cheap shots about his umbrella handling or whatever, which are pretty pointless, so I get what you mean. There’s nothing to be gained from that I suppose. Some of it is cultural, he does some things that are fairly jaw-dropping for a European, like his attitude towards the queen, or missing the 100 year anniversary ceremony in France. Criticism of actions that should be criticised does seem to snowball into trivia though.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I understand everyone has their view on their current president,and that is fine.But I feel as Christians,we should not be joining in on hating the President or making fun of him.We are supposed to love everyone,and even though he has made mistakes,its not right to attack him for it and join in on what majority is doing.
We are not to hate anyone.
God is in control and Trump is in power because God put him there and it is part of God's will.

If you don't believe me then you are not aware of the fact that Hillary and the Clinton administration were evil and would have destroyed Christianity in the US.

Now you have a President, there with his own money, who owes nobody any favors and is not a puppet to anyone.

You also have a self proclaimed born again Christian for a vice president.

Maybe, just maybe.. your nation will be able to say "In God we Trust" again.

Before you get down on me, as a Canadian... our Prime Minister, although I cannot stand him and hate what he is doing.... he is still in power under the approval of our Creator... why... I don't understand.. but, some day I will know. God's will is being fulfilled by the leaders of all the different nations.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I don't think you can find too many things on this forum that are truly hateful towards Trump on account of the rules not allowing for flaming elected officials. That rule was put into place at the end of President Obama's presidency. It's why if you ever look at back through the archives around here you'll find plenty of full-on hateful threads about President Obama. If you said the exact same things about Trump, you'd get reported for flaming. On here folks cannot call Trump the names that he routinely calls so many others, on account of this being a Christian forum.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I get what you mean, I’ve had a few eye roll moments at cheap shots about his umbrella handling or whatever, which are pretty pointless, so I get what you mean. There’s nothing to be gained from that I suppose. Some of it is cultural, he does some things that are fairly jaw-dropping for a European, like his attitude towards the queen, or missing the 100 year anniversary ceremony in France. Criticism of actions that should be criticised does seem to snowball into trivia though.
I understand the cultural thing as well,he does have moments where he says stuff that is out of line.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is in control and Trump is in power because God put him there and it is part of God's will.

If you don't believe me then you are not aware of the fact that Hillary and the Clinton administration were evil and would have destroyed Christianity in the US.

Now you have a President, there with his own money, who owes nobody any favors and is not a puppet to anyone.

Before you get down on me, as a Canadian... our Prime Minister, although I cannot stand him and hate what he is doing.... he is still in power under the approval of our Creator... why... I don't understand.. but, some day I will know. God's will is being fulfilled by the leaders of all the different nations.

He didn’t fund his own campaign, he raised well over $400m in campaign donations.

Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I agree,he is in office for a reason

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
He didn’t fund his own campaign, he raised well over $400m in campaign donations.
He did... but he doesn't owe anyone.. nobody put him there like the Clinton family or the Bush's.... they are all bought and payed for.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.