Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

sin2.jpg

It is like slowly drinking poison

I have heard over the years about how the saints over-emphasized their tendency to sin. That being close to God, sin should somehow not be an issue, a problem, or a struggle. One reason I believe, and this applies to me, is that it is difficult to understand the seriousness of even our smallest sins. That is because as stated above ““Every sin is a mockery of love”. That is hard to comprehend since sin is so common. Even unintentional sins, cause harm and wound both the one being sinned against, as well as the one sinning. Every time we sin, our hearts have to become harder in order not to understand the severity of our actions. Both in thought, as well as deed. It is like slowly drinking poison, which gradually and in ways that are not perceived, to kill us. We need to be saved from ourselves, and that is what God’s love is, saving us from our tendency toward chaos, and destruction. All one has to do is look around at one’s family, home state, country, and yes the world at large. -BrMD

BibleBeliever1611

May 3, 2020
Vantaa
✟80,648.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like the more I listen to preaching about the fact that "you can sin as much as you want and still be saved", paradoxically, the more it motivates me to actually turn from sins. When I realize how much God loves me then it gives me motivation wanting to love Him also.

• Friendly
Reactions: Nettle
Upvote 0