• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It is fitting to canonize John XXIII and John Paul II as the twin bookends of the...

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+15,180
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  2. Colin

Colin Senior Veteran

+5,916
    Catholic
    Single
    UK-Labour
    Please permit me to visit you on the forum on this special day .

For me it is special for the love I have for Good Pope John .

I was fortunate to remember the day he was elected Pope and his papacy until the day he died .

He is now officially St. John XXIII , but for me he will always be simply Good Pope John . That is how the Church came to refer to him during his pontificate but not only the Church , but millions in the world outside of the Church .

Pope John XXIII Dies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEKPa-imfDw

After his death the private spiritual writings of Good Pope John were published in A Journal of a Soul . This book shows a depth of spirituality many may today call out of date . In his younger days it shows how firm he was with himself in fighting sin and any occasions of sin . He died many deaths to sin .

Jesus said : " Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit."

Those are appropriate words for Good Pope John's life . He bore much fruit because he died to sin .

Many times I have asked myself how I could sum up this man . I can find no better way than to say that he was the embodiment of the fruit of the Holy Spirit .

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control . (Gal 5:22_23) .

For me those two verses sums up Good Pope John .

Bishop Sheen on Blessed John XXIII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcVpg8qctQ

May Good Pope John and St. John Paul II pray for you all .

God bless you .

3. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+15,180
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you Colin!