• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

It is ethically wrong and immoral to persecute 'gays'

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by Davidjayjordan, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidjayjordan

Davidjayjordan Guest

+0

Each is responsible to their MAKER, as to who they love and accept.

Evolutionists can love designed people even if they do not love the DESIGNER, or know about, or credit the DESIGNER.

2. ryeaber

ryeaber lurker - student of logic

+4
    Atheist
    Married
    Exactly - I was just wondering why you left out "and all" for evolutionists.

3. yasic

yasic Part time poster, Full time lurker

+197
    Atheist
    Regardless of the truth claim of this, it does not make it unnatural. Plenty of people and animals engage in acts that increase disease transmission that are considered to be natural.

Eating more than a 'proper' portion of food is contrary to natural fitness yet tons of animals and humans eat too much. Being contrary to one natural function does not make something unnatural.

100% false. Homosexuality is observed in virtually all animals that we look at, from lions to house cats, wolves, dolphins, monkeys, and fly's.

Many animal species engage in homosexuality a lot more than we do, for example with lions almost 1/10th of all sex they engage in is homosexual sex.

Here is a link to get you started: Link

Regardless of truth, does not make it unnatural. I can provide you with tons upon tons of examples of both human and animals living unhealthy lifestyles.

Men also live shorter than women. Does that make being male unnatural?

4. yasic

+197
    Atheist
    To put it another way:

Homosexuality happens with virtually every single animal species ever observed, it has happened in all human cultures as far as we have written records often being accepted and normal in the eyes of the society, and is still ongoing in all current human cultures.

I think it fits the very definition of natural.

5. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

+343
    Messianic
    US-Democrat
    Spreading misinformation like the notion that gays are more diseased and die younger is gay bashing.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  6. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

+343
    Messianic
    US-Democrat
    The mods/rules don't support gay acceptance. This board will only allow people to tell gays they need to be cured or celibate in the recovery forums. No other discussion of this topic is allowed. We can't even support gays in the Liberal forum, despite our Statement of Purpose saying we are a safe haven for LGBT and do not view it as a sin.

I really wish this topic was allowed to still be discussed because it has huge theological and Christian ramifications in the 21st Century, but it will always be a banned topic.

7. yasic

+197
    Atheist
    Bonobo's are a prime example where this is not the case. Firstly female bonobo's engage in sexual activity with other females as much as they do males and they clearly know the difference between the two (without getting in too much detail, they make the proper actions needed to please a female that they do not try to emulate on males).

Secondly, sex is often used as a social tool in their society so much that it is actually expected that new young females sexually please the matriarch of the group. This happens consistantly and in the same manner meaning it is not just a broken instinct.

Here is a good Link to read about this, and in case you are truly interested, I am friends with a biological anthropologist who told me more details about this and I am sure he can provide me a large number of scientific studies showing this in more detail?

Also, what you posted, is it just the speculative musings of the person or does he have any studies to back up the idea that its not true homosexuality?

8. yasic

+197
    Atheist
    In addition on the wiki article I posted this is the section on elephants:

Please explain to me how a relationship lasting years between two same elephants that includes affectionate sexual relations is not 'homosexual', or how it is just a confused instinct if elephants engage in different types of sexual activity depending on if it is homosexual or heterosexual, and given that they know the difference, how is it not natural if they knowingly engage in as much homosexual activity as they do heterosexual?

9. ryeaber

+4
    Atheist
    Married
    Science is actually not clear at all. This is just one mans opinion.

Bruce Bagemihl is a biologist at the University of Wisconsin wrote a book on the subject called Biological Exuberance, and he says that there has been homosexual behavior observed in over 1500 species, and well-documented in 500 of these.

And then there's Petter Bockman, a zoologist at the University of Oslo who says of homosexual activity in birds "'Sexuality is not just about making babies, it is also about making the flock work. For some animals, homosexuality is normal flock behaviour.'"

And then you have Lindsay Young,a biologist with the University of Hawaii who studied a colony of albatrosses and discovered that over a third of them preferred a bird of the same sex for their lifelong pairings.

10. ke1985

ke1985 Senior Member

+21
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Gays wants approval not just tolerance. Sorry, not going to approve of that behavior.

11. yasic

+197
    Atheist
    Furthermore, I have spent the last 20 or so minutes trying to find the source for this Antonio Pardo. I see the quote you posted listed time after time but at no point is the source for this point actually listed. I also cannot find any evidence showing that Antonio Pardo spent time researching the homosexual tendencies of animals.

I could be mistaken, and if he did in fact do studies I would love to take a look at them, but so far this seems to be the statement of just some fellow that happens to be a doctor instead of a statement of a scientist who has studied the topic to any serious degree and is reporting the findings.

12. yasic

+197
    Atheist
    I am not asking you to approve their behavior, but would you at least support them having equal rights to marriage, hospital visitation, and spousal privilege?

13. ke1985

ke1985 Senior Member

+21
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I believe marriage should be between a man and woman.

14. yasic

+197
    Atheist
    Ok, I also believe that everyone should be an atheist but I am not about to campaign to close down all Churches. I believe in freedoms including the freedom of religion.

Just to clarify, you do not believe homosexuals should have the same right that you do, right?

So you are willing neither to give acceptance nor tolerance, correct?

15. The Nihilist

The Nihilist Contributor

+440
    Atheist
    Well, your views aren't biblical

[​IMG]

16. ryeaber

+4
    Atheist
    Married
    Do you have a reason outside of the bible passages I mentioned? As it stands, you're just giving your opinion, and with nothing to back it up, it doesn't leave much room for debate or discussion, which is the point of this forum.

17. razeontherock

razeontherock Well-Known Member

+1,315
    Christian
    Single
    This is not consistent with your previous statement:

"Homosexuality happens with virtually every single animal species ever observed"

I think that's stretching things just a bit. Bonobos are a prime, and unusual case.

18. Whisper of Hope

Whisper of Hope Well-Known Member

+457
    Christian
    Private
  19. Jade Margery

Jade Margery Stranger in a strange land

+281
    Agnostic
    In Relationship
    I'm amazed this thread has survived this long. Longest thread about gay peeps I've seen here since the ban was eight pages.

20. Whisper of Hope

Whisper of Hope Well-Known Member

+457
    Christian
    Private
    I'm not sure if a topic like this is allowed or not. :sorry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.