ryeaber

lurker - student of logic
Sep 28, 2011
✟15,230.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Each is responsible to their MAKER, as to who they love and accept.

Evolutionists can love designed people even if they do not love the DESIGNER, or know about, or credit the DESIGNER.

Exactly - I was just wondering why you left out "and all" for evolutionists.

Upvote 0

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
Disease, serious health risks etc that are involved
Regardless of the truth claim of this, it does not make it unnatural. Plenty of people and animals engage in acts that increase disease transmission that are considered to be natural.

and the fact is is contrary to natural sexual reproduction.
Eating more than a 'proper' portion of food is contrary to natural fitness yet tons of animals and humans eat too much. Being contrary to one natural function does not make something unnatural.

Homosexuality is not observed in the animal kingdom.
100% false. Homosexuality is observed in virtually all animals that we look at, from lions to house cats, wolves, dolphins, monkeys, and fly's.

Many animal species engage in homosexuality a lot more than we do, for example with lions almost 1/10th of all sex they engage in is homosexual sex.

Here is a link to get you started: Link

Homosexuality is a very unhealthy lifestyle.
Regardless of truth, does not make it unnatural. I can provide you with tons upon tons of examples of both human and animals living unhealthy lifestyles.

According to longevity stats, on average they die 20 -30 years younger than heterosexuals.
Men also live shorter than women. Does that make being male unnatural?

Upvote 0

yasic

Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
To put it another way:

Homosexuality happens with virtually every single animal species ever observed, it has happened in all human cultures as far as we have written records often being accepted and normal in the eyes of the society, and is still ongoing in all current human cultures.

I think it fits the very definition of natural.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I been reading all the post, I don't know where your getting the notion of "gay bashing" you seem to have a victim mentality, nobody has bashed anyone, are you considering I'm bashing drunks, if I said the bible says the drunkard will not inherit salvation, and am I bashing liars when I say the bible says no liars will inherit the kingdom of God. If you consider that bashing, I don't, I consider it just speaking what the bible clearly says

Spreading misinformation like the notion that gays are more diseased and die younger is gay bashing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, this thread is not about gay bashing but just the opposite, gay acceptance, and so as such it should not be shut down just because we are trying to Christioan educate and commpon sense educate.

The bashers should not be able to shut down a good ethical im[ortant thread.

I repeat the bashers should be shiut down but not this thread if it cam to that.

The mods/rules don't support gay acceptance. This board will only allow people to tell gays they need to be cured or celibate in the recovery forums. No other discussion of this topic is allowed. We can't even support gays in the Liberal forum, despite our Statement of Purpose saying we are a safe haven for LGBT and do not view it as a sin.

I really wish this topic was allowed to still be discussed because it has huge theological and Christian ramifications in the 21st Century, but it will always be a banned topic.

Upvote 0

yasic

Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
Homosexuality doesn't exist in other animals. They do not have homosexual thoughts as their cognition is different, their natural instinct is only sexual reproduction. This only happens when a male and female mate. There are recorded examples of same sex animals who attempt to mate - but these are mistakes.

Dr. Antonio Pardo, Professor of Bioethics at the University of Navarre, Spain, explains:

So as i said - the science is very clear homosexuality is not natural.

Bonobo's are a prime example where this is not the case. Firstly female bonobo's engage in sexual activity with other females as much as they do males and they clearly know the difference between the two (without getting in too much detail, they make the proper actions needed to please a female that they do not try to emulate on males).

Secondly, sex is often used as a social tool in their society so much that it is actually expected that new young females sexually please the matriarch of the group. This happens consistantly and in the same manner meaning it is not just a broken instinct.

Here is a good Link to read about this, and in case you are truly interested, I am friends with a biological anthropologist who told me more details about this and I am sure he can provide me a large number of scientific studies showing this in more detail?

Also, what you posted, is it just the speculative musings of the person or does he have any studies to back up the idea that its not true homosexuality?

Upvote 0

yasic

Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
In addition on the wiki article I posted this is the section on elephants:

African and Asian males will engage in same-sex bonding and mounting. Such encounters are often associated with affectionate interactions, such as kissing, trunk intertwining, and placing trunks in each other's mouths. Male elephants, who often live apart from the general herd, often form "companionships", consisting of an older individual and one or sometimes two younger, attendant males with sexual behavior being an important part of the social dynamic. Unlike heterosexual relations, which are always of a fleeting nature, the relationships between males may last for years. The encounters are analogous to heterosexual bouts, one male often extending his trunk along the other's back and pushing forward with his tusks to signify his intention to mount. Same-sex relations are common and frequent in both sexes, with Asiatic elephants in captivity devoting roughly 45% of sexual encounters to same-sex activity.[68]

Please explain to me how a relationship lasting years between two same elephants that includes affectionate sexual relations is not 'homosexual', or how it is just a confused instinct if elephants engage in different types of sexual activity depending on if it is homosexual or heterosexual, and given that they know the difference, how is it not natural if they knowingly engage in as much homosexual activity as they do heterosexual?

Upvote 0

ryeaber

Sep 28, 2011
✟15,230.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Homosexuality doesn't exist in other animals. They do not have homosexual thoughts as their cognition is different, their natural instinct is only sexual reproduction. This only happens when a male and female mate. There are recorded examples of same sex animals who attempt to mate - but these are mistakes.

Dr. Antonio Pardo, Professor of Bioethics at the University of Navarre, Spain, explains:

So as i said - the science is very clear homosexuality is not natural.
Science is actually not clear at all. This is just one mans opinion.

Bruce Bagemihl is a biologist at the University of Wisconsin wrote a book on the subject called Biological Exuberance, and he says that there has been homosexual behavior observed in over 1500 species, and well-documented in 500 of these.

And then there's Petter Bockman, a zoologist at the University of Oslo who says of homosexual activity in birds "'Sexuality is not just about making babies, it is also about making the flock work. For some animals, homosexuality is normal flock behaviour.'"

And then you have Lindsay Young,a biologist with the University of Hawaii who studied a colony of albatrosses and discovered that over a third of them preferred a bird of the same sex for their lifelong pairings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yasic

Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
Furthermore, I have spent the last 20 or so minutes trying to find the source for this Antonio Pardo. I see the quote you posted listed time after time but at no point is the source for this point actually listed. I also cannot find any evidence showing that Antonio Pardo spent time researching the homosexual tendencies of animals.

I could be mistaken, and if he did in fact do studies I would love to take a look at them, but so far this seems to be the statement of just some fellow that happens to be a doctor instead of a statement of a scientist who has studied the topic to any serious degree and is reporting the findings.

Upvote 0

yasic

Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
I believe marriage should be between a man and woman.

Ok, I also believe that everyone should be an atheist but I am not about to campaign to close down all Churches. I believe in freedoms including the freedom of religion.

Just to clarify, you do not believe homosexuals should have the same right that you do, right?

So you are willing neither to give acceptance nor tolerance, correct?

Upvote 0

The Nihilist

Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
✟16,289.00
Faith
Atheist
Well, your views aren't biblical

wyEDR.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ryeaber

Sep 28, 2011
✟15,230.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Do you have a reason outside of the bible passages I mentioned? As it stands, you're just giving your opinion, and with nothing to back it up, it doesn't leave much room for debate or discussion, which is the point of this forum.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bonobo's are a prime example where this is not the case.

This is not consistent with your previous statement:

"Homosexuality happens with virtually every single animal species ever observed"

I think that's stretching things just a bit. Bonobos are a prime, and unusual case.

Upvote 0

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.