Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hugggeeee_Cat.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m just sayin’ ......l

I just thought the convincing arguments from the patriarchy had everyone sitting quietly in their corner.

Seriously, I almost posted a thread about how I was pondering Philemon and Paul's retake on slavery that set up its fall (without outright condemning it) and how that had carried me to 1 Corinthians 12 and Ephesians 5. Since I believe the bible is inerrant, that means areas of confusion or apparent contradictions are really failure to understand and interpret correctly, and some of Eph. 5 fit that for me, until I saw the parallel to Philemon. However, I did not write that post because despite wanting to see if this forum was still alive, most of you would have rolled your eyes at my conclusions which have been obvious to you. So I'm glad to know this place still has some people hanging around.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think if you want to write it up, @WolfGate, then go ahead. Some people might roll their eyes, but there will always be those who are encountering these ideas for the first time.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've been very busy, so I haven't helped that, sorry!

Here's what I'm currently musing about; yesterday I took a funeral for a stillborn baby. And one of the things which struck me was the older folks there (the age of the baby's grandparents) and in my parish commenting on how much better this was than how things were "in their day," when stillborn babes were whisked away, you didn't get to see them or name them, and you were expected to go on as if nothing had happened. But now we're much better at supporting people in that kind of grief.

I'm not sure what's shifted that our attitudes have changed so much, but I'm grateful that they have, and that this seems to be a good thing.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I've started course of study classes over at Duke on top of all my normal stuff, so I've primarily been posting sporadically to things that pop up! Also had to get in all the admin stuff for charge conference for two churches, so that's been going on too. I have to say that it's often nice to be in a place of one's peers where egalitarianism is taken for granted among Christ-followers.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have to say that it's often nice to be in a place of one's peers where egalitarianism is taken for granted among Christ-followers.

Definitely. An oasis.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've been busy too. I'm teaching a new course this semester at my university, and a new course always takes extra preparation time. Our parish has been running Alpha this fall, and I'm one of the small group leaders. And, in cooperation with some of the clergy and lay members from five local parishes, we're trying to get a campus ministry started at the university where I teach. I've been leading Noonday Prayer and have helped to staff tables at some campus events, trying to advertise ourselves to students. All good, exciting stuff, but it all takes time.

Egalitarianism is taken for granted everywhere I go regularly -- church and campus alike -- except here on CF. I often forget that there are places that deliberately exclude women from ministry.

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0