Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is pretty amazing that the media can convince so many normal people that something most people believed in only 10 years ago that are very reasonable, that it is now bigoted, violent, and racist.

I have to think the opponents of the Devil must have really messed up to lose, as the Devil now culturally has more power than that of Good, and the cycle is seemingly permanent. I'm not sure if/when/how this cycle of doom can end without the destruction and end of the human race experiment itself!

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
It is pretty amazing that the media can convince so many normal people that something most people believed in only 10 years ago that are very reasonable, that it is now bigoted, violent, and racist.

I have to think the opponents of the Devil must have really messed up to lose, as the Devil now culturally has more power than that of Good, and the cycle is seemingly permanent. I'm not sure if/when/how this cycle of doom can end without the destruction and end of the human race experiment itself!

There's an experiment?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
It has power because people watch it and actually believe what they see.
It has always had power, and the founders of our country knew it. That is why no press may constitutionally be prohibited. The Government must be governed by the people.

The fact that the Government has now gotten most the noise on their side, and much of the public trained to swallow what they are told, does not make it right to curtail the right of free press.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It has always had power, and the founders of our country knew it. That is why no press may constitutionally be prohibited. The Government must be governed by the people.

The fact that the Government has now gotten most the noise on their side, and much of the public trained to swallow what they are told, does not make it right to curtail the right of free press.
Indeed it is a free press. Nobody said to lose the press but we don't need to hang our hats on every breath they say either.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
It isn't all the media that is why this is happening but rather schools themselves and colleges instruct young minds to believe in the media by not teaching them critical thinking and intellectual honesty.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Indeed it is a free press. Nobody said to lose the press but we don't need to hang our hats on every breath they say either.
Boy that's the truth!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It isn't all the media that is why this is happening but rather schools themselves and colleges instruct young minds to believe in the media by not teaching them critical thinking and intellectual honesty.

Yes, yes, yes, we make celebrities out of our newscasters by paying them ridiculous salaries and having them make guest appearances on talk shows. Newscasters are now the newsmakers.

Then they join the movie stars, college professors and big business tycoons on their band-wagons of political correctness. Never mind the truth. Things are just how they say they are. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, yes, yes, we make celebrities out of our newscasters by paying them ridiculous salaries and having them make guest appearances on talk shows. Newscasters are now the newsmakers.

Then they join the movie stars, college professors and big business tycoons on their band-wagons of political correctness. Never mind the truth. Things are just how they say they are. :rolleyes:
You mean there are still newscasters? I thought they were rumor mongers these days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Slavery being a necessary and biblical institution was a widely held belief for a very long time that changed, so a changing belief in itself is not necessarily a bad thing. Unless you believe nothing should ever change.

Huh? The devil lost but has more cultural power? In what culture? There are many cultures and you can pick which ones you participate in.

You can also choose who to listen to and where to get your news from, that's one of the issues currently, unfounded opinions are presented side by side with actual events telling people how to perceive those events.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
unfounded opinions are presented side by side with actual events telling people how to perceive those events.
Not to mention the decisions concerning just what events and facts to talk about and which to ignore.

• Agree
Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟100,945.00
Faith
Seeker

How do you teach critical thinking and intellectual honesty?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

We are indeed circling the drain. :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It has power because people watch it and actually believe what they see.

That's because they can't rebut it due to limited experience and knowledge.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Worse yet while in school, especially college, kids miss out on actual life experiences. Then they are spoon fed opinions about things they know nothing about.

• Agree
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do you teach critical thinking and intellectual honesty?

These qualities have little use outside of academia. Ordinary life isn't that complicated, as the (slow drawl) verse goes;

"The sun comes up...and the sun goes down.
This old world...keeps turning 'round.
I get up...then I sit back down.
Life sure gits tedjus...don't it?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Worse yet while in school, especially college, kids miss out on actual life experiences. Then they are spoon fed opinions about things they know nothing about.
It used to be kids always rebelled against authority doubting what adults tell them wanting to prove it now it is the opposite they buy into any rumor anyone says out there.

Upvote 0