• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

It is a mild form of Dyslexia

Discussion in 'General Physical Health' started by IceJad, Sep 9, 2020.

1. IceJad

IceJad Regular Member

+350
    Malaysia
    Lutheran
    Single
    I found that when I post sometimes I miss out words and at times jumble up sentences and required to re-edit it a few times. And I observe it's becoming more often. I consider myself quite proficient in the English language so grammar isn't to blame.

When I'm typing I know what to say in my mind. I though I was transcribing it into the post as I'm forming it in my head. It is only after I posted it I find the horrible errors. Is it a mild form of Dyslexia or just carelessness? Because I'm starting to think it is.

Any doctors here that can advise?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+15,685
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    I have somewhat the same problem but I have grown accustomed to proof reading my own posts.

3. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,252
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    From Safire's Rules for Writers.

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I often find I've missed entire words or written a different word to what I was thinking, although I may be able to blame autocorrect for some of those It is often best, especially on these forums, to wait a bit after writing a reply before posting it, as on rereading you pick up those errors, but often you realise that you need to rewrite or discard completely what you have written. I fall somewhere on the broad scale of autism so tend not to filter what I am writing, and a second look helps to pick up inappropriate or insulting prose.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  4. IceJad

IceJad Regular Member

+350
    Malaysia
    Lutheran
    Single
    Maybe it's just that carelessness. More proofreading should clear it up.

It's just a bit worrying as I'm not known to be this careless in typing. On occasion I might switch between American and British spelling depending on the auto spell setting and how annoyed I'm with the red wiggly lines, but generally I don't jumble up sentences. Good to know I'm not the only one facing it and it's not a form of disability.

Maybe age is catching up with me.

5. Orthodox_Christian

Orthodox_Christian New Member

+41
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Celibate
    US-Constitution
    Smart people do this a lot. If you have sloppy handwriting then that is a sign of intelligence too. Your mind thinking too much doesn't catch up to what you are typing. Just read over what you write.

6. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,608
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    It's your keyboard. It is full of typos.

7. prodromos

+7,252
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I resemble this comment!

8. Joyous Song

Joyous Song Active Member

+115
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It also possible the key pad. It was built for typing, but makes no sense for computers. Its also true you brain can move faster than your fingers causing typos. Finally, There are several disabilities that have a mild form of Dyslexia in then, CAP or Central Auditory Possessing Disorder does for example, one way to know is does switching letters or numbers ever happen outside of typing, like signs on highways switching. If yes you should look into the many different causes of mild dyslexia.

9. Daniel Marsh

Daniel Marsh Well-Known Member

+1,772
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
  10. prodromos

+7,252
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    If anyone wondered what DNA stands for,

it is the National Dyslexia Association.