Not open for further replies.

ejgsmalls

Sep 14, 2005
✟545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, lately I've been noticing how much my heart hurts when someone doesn't believe in God. Or when someone takes the Lord's name in vain. Or when some of the girls in my building talk about various experiences with partying, drugs, alcohol, guys, etc. I wouldn't say that I exactly pity them, but I feel sad that they think and live like that. Honestly, I just don't quite understand how someone can not believe in God and try their hardest to live for Him. But then I have to take a step back and look at myself because part of the reason I feel bad for them is in the way they sin..but really, even if it's not in the same way, I sin just as much as they do, so really I shouldn't think that. And then I know that I just have to pray about it all.

But anyway, my point of posting what does anyone feel like this sometimes? I was just wondering...it sort of feels like people around me don't really. Maybe I'm just weird or something.

God Bless and Bless God,
~Mary

Reactions: Adammi

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
ejgsmalls said:
So, lately I've been noticing how much my heart hurts when someone doesn't believe in God. Or when someone takes the Lord's name in vain. Or when some of the girls in my building talk about various experiences with partying, drugs, alcohol, guys, etc. I wouldn't say that I exactly pity them, but I feel sad that they think and live like that. Honestly, I just don't quite understand how someone can not believe in God and try their hardest to live for Him. But then I have to take a step back and look at myself because part of the reason I feel bad for them is in the way they sin..but really, even if it's not in the same way, I sin just as much as they do, so really I shouldn't think that. And then I know that I just have to pray about it all.

But anyway, my point of posting what does anyone feel like this sometimes? I was just wondering...it sort of feels like people around me don't really. Maybe I'm just weird or something.

God Bless and Bless God,
~Mary
That is one of the best posts I have read on CF. I feel like that sometimes, but never as passionately, wholely, lovingly, or gracefully, as you do. Thanks for posting this.

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i understand what your saying. I too feel the same way at times. I dont want to judge others. I feel sorry for them, my heart hurts for what they are missing. I wish i could give them what i have, my understanding and knowledge of how awesome God is and how awesome it is to follow him instead of the world.

Upvote 0

Servus Iesu

Jun 15, 2005
✟20,312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think the 'hurt' you speak of is a good thing spiritually. In a way it reflects the sorrow of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts. As we become more spiritual we should also become more innocent. When that happens we will begin to hate sin and our souls will be repelled when they see it. Imagine how much 'hurt' Jesus had in that Garden when He saw all of the sins every committed from Adam unto the end of the Ages. This was a far greater pain on His Sacred Humanity then every possible physical torment of His murderers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.