• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

'It Feels Like Being Hunted': Latinos Across U.S. in Fear After El Paso Massacre

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Aug 7, 2019.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    'It Feels Like Being Hunted': Latinos Across U.S. in Fear After El Paso Massacre
    When the rhetoric from the topic portrays you as an invading force, it is only a matter of time before people start acting out against this "invasion."

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+11,792
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Lord have mercy! ¡Señor ten piedad! Protégenos y guárdanos del mal.

I'm only one guy, but the only invasion I'm truly worried about at this point is the invasion of people's brains with political rhetoric that dehumanizes others for where they or their families are from, what languages they speak, how they look, etc. That never ends well for anyone

3. Go Braves

Go Braves I miss Senator McCain

+8,903
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I hate that human beings feel like they're being hunted. I understand why they do. I don't think they're being hyperbolic in the least. That's the problem.

4. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+18,393
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Really? "We’re the new Jews, we’re just like the Jews." ?

5. Go Braves

+8,903
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Most do not say that but I can understand why some feel that way, absolutely.

6. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+11,743
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Especially given a man drove 600 miles to El Paso (85% Hispanic) in "response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas."

7. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,478
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    If you are an illegal you should feel like you're being hunted...because you are. :eek:

8. wing2000

+11,743
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That's pretty lame considering some families in El Paso where here long before Texas became a state.

9. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,478
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    What is the history of Mexicans in the southwestern region, and who are they anyway?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  10. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+8,030
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
  11. Go Braves

+8,903
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Exactly correct.

12. wing2000

+11,743
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    El Paso history...400+ years since the first Spaniards arrived - or you can back further to A.D. 400 when the hunter/gathering people started to settle in the area.

El Paso Missions

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,124
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    I doubt Trump or the nuts care about the difference.