• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

LDS It doesn't make sense!

Discussion in 'Debate Other Religions & Faiths' started by Phoebe Ann, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+7,854
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Christians believe that we are saved by grace through faith, therefore our faith guarantees us that we will be with our Triune God in the next life.

LDS disagree, yet one of them says:

"And because of that belief, you will be in the presence of what you believe is all three. And you will be happy."

Why would God want us to be happy if that belief is a lie?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Mathetes66

Mathetes66 Well-Known Member Supporter

+327
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That is why the false teaching of the LDS is confusing & contradictory while the truth of Holy Scripture brings clarity & peace.

'God is not the author of confusion but of peace.'

'Sanctify them in the truth, Thy Word is truth.'

I AM the way, the truth & the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'

3. Mathetes66

+327
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you, Phoebe Ann! May the Lord richly bless & keep you & yours in His wonderful love, grace & peace.

4. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+6,813
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    "Of what you believe is all three"? That's curious phrasing. Who said this? It makes it sound like you'll get whatever you think God is like, so if you believe Him to be like this, that's what He'll be like, but if you believe Him to be like that, then He'll be like that.

What's the Mormon God -- a Transformers toy?

5. Mathetes66

+327
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Mormons are polytheistic in their teachings, though they try to hide this. You should familiarize yourself with their 'eternal progression' teaching of men become gods. In Mormon theology, Jesus is a God, the Father is a different God from Jesus. Both were men & became gods.

Phoebe Ann will address this in more detail I am sure.

6. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+6,813
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Oh, no...I mean, yes, I know those things, but I didn't mean that as a serious question. :) (Though I do wonder who said that quote. I tried to Google the exact quote and came up with nothing.)

7. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+7,854
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    That CF thread was deleted years ago, but I think it was Fatboys.

8. Ironhold

Ironhold Member

+1,131
    Mormon
    Single
    So you're not sure of who it was then?

All you know is that it could have been an individual poster rather than an official declaration from the church?

9. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+4,353
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    LOL! Even what JS says is not "official church doctrine!"

10. Ironhold

Ironhold Member

+1,131
    Mormon
    Single
    We're going off of Phoebe's memories of who supposedly said what.

I'm trying to suss out details accordingly.