It’s official: Democrat Conor Lamb wins Pennsylvania special election in major upset

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s official: Democrat Conor Lamb wins Pennsylvania special election in major upset
In a stunning upset, Democrat Conor Lamb won an incredibly close special election in Pennsylvania’s 18th Congressional District, beating out Republican candidate Rick Saccone in a deeply conservative district the nonpartisan Cook Political Report rated R+11.

The race stretched into Wednesday midday, when CNN reported Lamb was in the lead with 627 votes, with 100 percent of precincts reporting. State law does not mandate a recount in district-level elections.
Conventional wisdom suggested that Saccone — a candidate who once declared himself “Trump before Trump was Trump” — would do well in a district that turned out in droves for President Donald Trump in 2016. But in recent weeks, Republicans were in full panic mode, dumping more than $9 million into the race. Lamb’s victory shows they were right to be so worried.

And it wasn’t just Republicans who feared losing this district — it was Trump himself.
I think it's a little premature calling this a "groundswell" but it does show that voting is still important. :wave:
tulc(is going to raise a cup of coffee in honor of Conor Lamb):coffee:

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟663,976.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The district itself will disappear this year, thanks to a court decision that struck down a Republican-drawn map. So he is going to have to run again real soon.

Hi mark,

Right! I find it mind boggling the amount of money that was spent to win this barely nine months remaining office. But, now that it's over, I do think that it is a portent of things to come.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi mark,

Right! I find it mind boggling the amount of money that was spent to win this barely nine months remaining office. But, now that it's over, I do think that it is a portent of things to come.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
I think he will end up running in whatever the 9th district will becomes, with his grass roots supporters still in place. It's going to be a lot different with so many House races going on across the country but it's shaping up to be a blue wave.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Russian collusion.
I heard the Russians were going to investigate this election, they suspect there may have been some American colluding going on among American voters to influence the election. :wave:
tulc(heard Rep. Nunes will be chairing the committee for President Putin) ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I think it's a little premature calling this a "groundswell" but it does show that voting is still important. :wave:
tulc(is going to raise a cup of coffee in honor of Conor Lamb):coffee:

Lamb ran a as center-left candidate and won this race in PA. I have read on more than one occasion that this is the template for Democrat victories in November. The push-back will come from the hard-left majority who will not want such candidates on the ballot.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lamb ran a as center-left candidate and won this race in PA. I have read on more than one occasion that this is the template for Democrat victories in November. The push-back will come from the hard-left majority who will not want such candidates on the ballot.
He didn't have to run in a primary race, here in a few months he will. What he says he learned in the race was that even progressives were saying we need candidates who can win.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums