It’s All Overdue Now, Baby Blue: Man Returns Bob Dylan Album to Ohio Library 48 Years Late

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In 1973, Howard Simon—an eighth-grader in Cleveland Heights, Ohio—borrowed a copy of Bob Dylan’s 1970 album Self Portrait from his local library. It was due in June of that year, but Simon never returned it.

Instead, Self Portrait became part of Simon’s personal record collection, which bounced around with him mainly between Chicago and various California cities throughout his adult life. He settled down to retire in San Francisco, where he recently rediscovered the pilfered LP wedged between Dylan’s albums Nashville Skyline and New Morning. (Simon evidently organizes his records by artist, followed by release date.)

Continued below.
It’s All Overdue Now, Baby Blue: Man Returns Bob Dylan Album to Ohio Library 48 Years Late

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I never got into Bob Dylan. I know that Bishop Barron really likes him, but his music never did much for me because it wasn't my time (and wasn't really my parents time either, his seminal works predate my parents getting into music as teenagers).

I do have a vintage Beatles record though, Meet the Beatles.

Upvote 0