Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prove to some of us that you know what you are talking about here. Give also your interpretation of Rev_3:9 that you neglected to highlight---behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. What is your interpretation of that? When and how do you seeing this fulfilled? Keeping in mind, Jesus is the speaker in that verse, which means He did indeed say what you highlighted, but He also said what you neglected to highlight. One can't be expected to find the true meaning of something if they are only considering half of what someone said rather than all of what someone said combined.

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Rom_14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Php_2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The chosen people are those who are of the 12 tribes of Jacob, pure and simple. That's the only definition the Bible offers for how we are to understand who His chosen people are.

How are those of the 12 tribes of Jacob identified today? Do you carry a portable DNA saliva kit for analysis?

The Bible doesn't say that. In fact, that doesn't even make sense. How would promises that speak of curses of diseases, captivity, poverty, exile, etc. be "fulfilled" in Christ???

Is your Bible missing these verses?

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Hebrews 1:1,2
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Except that nowhere in the Bible is the Abrahamic Covenant (the covenant of promise) was ever revoked.

Correct. And it is fulfilled in Christ.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Nor is the covenant to David ever spoken of as being revoked.

Correct. And it is fulfilled in Christ.

Acts 2
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few minutes ago I heard a report on FOX News that President Trump just recognized the Golan Heights as Israeli land.

Will Syria be willing to go to war over that piece of land?

Will Russia be pulled into the conflict?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that Billy Graham's words apply here (and it applies to every form of right-wing religion - not just Christianity):

Rev. Billy Graham once said, "The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it."

Implying no left wingers oppose Israel. Common to popular belief one can be against the oppressive Jewish supremacist nation of Israel who regularly takes property and kill Palestinian Christians, and not be anti Semitic. Why do you think so many Israelis oppose their own government?

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,187.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Rev_2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Rev_3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Some of us cannot tell the difference between the Baal worshipers and the faithful remnant in Romans 11:1-5.
Which group is being described above?

You are assigning a meaning to the term "Synagogue of Satan" which it did not have in the original.

This is in the section of Revelation which consists of letters to seven churches. It is not a prophecy for our time or any later time.

Those who were members of the "Synagogue of Satan" were men who claimed to be Christians but were Judaizers within the Christian church. Christ's rejection of their position is striking. It is a rejection of Judaizers.

The term "Synagogue of Satan" doesn't refer to Jews who admitted they were Jews and were practicing Judaism.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,187.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The "Greater Israel Project" is the modern State of Israel's plan to gain control of the entire Middle East by de-stabilizing its neighbors.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

Perhaps you could summarize what Wesley Clark is saying, if you want to be taken seriously.

I look at the Times of Israel and the Jerusalem Post almost every day. I have never heard of this "Greater Israel Project."

• Useful
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The term "Synagogue of Satan" doesn't refer to Jews who admitted they were Jews and were practicing Judaism.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,187.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The "Greater Israel Project" is the modern State of Israel's plan to gain control of the entire Middle East by de-stabilizing its neighbors.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

By the way, do you happen to remember when President Jimmy Carter got together Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin and negotiated the Israeli withdrawal from the Sinai Peninsula?

When Israel withdrew from the Sinai, it gave up 25,000 square miles of territory. How does this fit with a plan to conquer the Middle East?

More recently, Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip. Again, how does this fit with an Israeli plan to conquer the Middle East?

In the aftermath of the 1967 war, Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir made giving back all the territory that had been taken during the war a top priority. She just wanted a negotiated settlement and a guarantee that Israel could exist within secure borders.

Now, name one critic of Israel that gives the Israelis any credit for withdrawing from the Sinai? Or withdrawing from the Gaza Strip? Or going through endless negotiations trying to give back other territories taken in self-defense at the cost of Israeli lives?

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,187.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Berean,

I don't think this responds to the point that I made. The term "Synagogue of Satan" in the letters section of Revelation isn't intended to condemn all Jews everywhere and throughout time. It isn't intended to condemn the present day State of Israel. You are giving the term a meaning it was not intended to carry.

By the way, I like your CF name. The Bereans were the people in Acts who studied the Scriptures daily. And who wrote those Old Testament Scripture?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Implying no left wingers oppose Israel. Common to popular belief one can be against the oppressive Jewish supremacist nation of Israel who regularly takes property and kill Palestinian Christians, and not be anti Semitic. Why do you think so many Israelis oppose their own government?
What about that quote implied anything about being anti-Semitic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What about that quote implied anything about being anti-Semitic?

Do people not generally lump right wing and anti Semitic together when it comes to this subject? Or at least tend to conflate the two.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.