Israeli Food Truck Kicked Out of Philadelphia Food Festival; Massive Backlash Ensues

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟931,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Here is a second article that gives a fuller explanation - that by prior agreement it was decided that a Palestinian truck and the Israeli truck would appear together, but one would not participate if the other could not. The Palestinian truck could not come to the event so the Israeli truck was uninvited.

"....Melvin Powell of Sunflower Philly, one of the groups that organized the event, said at past food truck events both Israeli and Palestinian food trucks were present. He said an agreement was made in the past that one truck couldn't be present without the other.

This year, the Palestinian truck couldn't attend, he said. "The fact that we couldn’t accurately represent both of them is the reason why we canceled the event today," Powell said."
News source really makes a difference, doesn't it?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes it does.

In a comment posted Saturday, a representative of Eat Up The Borders told one commenter that the saga had caught the event organizers by surprise.

“We received more hate than I thought was possible for having an Israeli vendor,” the representative wrote. “They themselves never detracted from the event. The amount of uproar we received and legitimate threats forced our hand.”

Several hours later, Eat Up The Borders was no longer active on Instagram. And on Sunday around noon, Sunflower Philly posted on Instagram that the event was canceled.

“Due to the ongoing situation with one of our event partners @eatuptheborders and @moshava_philly we have decided to cancel the ‘Taste of Home’ event today,” the post said. “We will continue to host events with people of all races, nationalities and sexual orientations who are aligned with our mission.”

A Philadelphia festival cut an Israeli food truck, citing 'the concerns of community.' The response was fierce. - Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟29,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes it does.

In a comment posted Saturday, a representative of Eat Up The Borders told one commenter that the saga had caught the event organizers by surprise.

“We received more hate than I thought was possible for having an Israeli vendor,” the representative wrote. “They themselves never detracted from the event. The amount of uproar we received and legitimate threats forced our hand.”

Several hours later, Eat Up The Borders was no longer active on Instagram. And on Sunday around noon, Sunflower Philly posted on Instagram that the event was canceled.

“Due to the ongoing situation with one of our event partners @eatuptheborders and @moshava_philly we have decided to cancel the ‘Taste of Home’ event today,” the post said. “We will continue to host events with people of all races, nationalities and sexual orientations who are aligned with our mission.”

A Philadelphia festival cut an Israeli food truck, citing 'the concerns of community.' The response was fierce. - Jewish Telegraphic Agency

So basically rank anti-Semitism, nothing to do with no Palestinian food truck there, as if that should even matter.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So basically rank anti-Semitism, nothing to do with no Palestinian food truck there, as if that should even matter.
Did any of the other food trucks have that agreement??

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟931,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Did any of the other food trucks have that agreement??

I read it as a claimed agreement between the Palestinian and Israeli truck to ward off concerns related to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. My interest in posting was to point out the difference in reporting from news channels at different ends of the spectrum.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read it as a claimed agreement between the Palestinian and Israeli truck to ward off concerns related to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. My interest in posting was to point out the difference in reporting from news channels at different ends of the spectrum.
Well it seems the Jewish paper did not take kindly to it. Your source was NBC Philadelphia.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟29,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

What does the food truck have to do with that conflict? Should we boycott Arab Middle Eastern food trucks because of Islamic terrorism?

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟931,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well it seems the Jewish paper did not take kindly to it. Your source was NBC Philadelphia.

It seemed to me that the Jewish paper and Brietbart were more harsh than the Israeli food truck operator. Nonetheless Breitbart is hardly a credible source, which is why I always look futher when they are cited. Notice where Brietbart is placed on this chart. Both liberal and conservative sources in the bottom red box are so heavily biased as to be unworthy to be cited as credible sources, in my opinion.

Media-Bias-Chart-2018.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟931,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What does the food truck have to do with that conflict? Should we boycott Arab Middle Eastern food trucks because of Islamic terrorism?

Of course not...leastwise not in my opinion. I wouldn't care what food trucks show up or don't. All small business operators have a right to make a living, and this is suppose to be the great melting pot afterall. Live and let live, I say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seemed to me that the Jewish paper and Brietbart were more harsh than the Israeli food truck operator. Nonetheless Breitbart is hardly a credible source, which is why I always look futher when they are cited. Notice where Brietbart is placed on this chart. Both liberal and conservative sources in the bottom red box are so heavily biased as to be unworthy to be cited as credible sources, in my opinion.

View attachment 301130
Well that’s your opinion of course. News is pick and chose anymore. It’s all biased.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟103,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Notice where Brietbart is placed on this chart. Both liberal and conservative sources in the bottom red box are so heavily biased as to be unworthy to be cited as credible sources, in my opinion.
The fact that Fox is in the red box and CNN and MSNBC are not destroys the credibility of the whole chart.

• Haha
Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0