SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing thrown around here alot is, that law was for Israel only and Christians or the Church has another law or separate set of commandments, even though there is no where in the bible in which God has stated he created a new special set of laws for Christians. Hebrews 8-10 goes into detail how Christ is now our High Priest and his blood replaced the blood of animals for our sins.

Israel is the Church. We were once gentiles, and now part of the commonwealth of Israel through faith in Christ, so if you are part of the New Covenant, you are part of Israel. Thats why when you get saved you are grafted into Israel, and not the other way around.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
A New Covenant
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—
32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Ephesians 2:11-13
Brought Near by His Blood

11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— 12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

So the big question to ask is, How could we not be Israel, if we are now citizens of Israel?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkh587

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The New Living Translation makes it very clear: we are no longer strangers and foreigners: we are citizens of Israel

Ephesians 2:16-21
So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners.
You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people.
You are members of God’s family.
Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets.
And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself.
We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for YAH.
Through him you Gentiles are also being made part of this dwelling where God lives by his Spirit.

What are we no longer strangers and foreigners to? The nation of Israel. The nation that belongs to the Messiah. He is the door into the kingdom.

@Bob S do you agree with Paul that you are no longer a stranger to the nation of Israel, and that you are now a citizen of God's kingdom, which is called Israel?

• Agree
Reactions: SAAN
Upvote 0