-
✟678,372.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"Similarly, thank President Donald Trump for supporting Israel, from recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital to facilitating the Abraham Accords. But keep it subdued. Again, not to placate President-elect Biden, but because Trump’s presidency has been so divisive, his rhetoric so harmful, and his refusal to accept obvious election results so outrageous. Trump belongs in every democracy-lover’s Hall of Infamy. There are few greater democratic sins. Any loser questioning an election’s sanctity without substantial proof demeans the people. When a still-popular president lashes out, it risks becoming explosive."

Don’t give Pollard a hero’s welcome – or Trump a hero’s send-off –opinion

Reactions: DaisyDay

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Andrewn, the article you posited for us was written by the American presidential historian and author, Gil Troy (who I believe is a professor at a university in Canada). It's an article that was published on the opinion pages of The Jerusalem Post. This is the opinion of one man, a Jewish American, not an Israeli (and not of the State of Israel).

Since this is the case, why did you give this thread the title, "This is how Israel says goodbye to Trump", as there is no evidence that Israel holds this opinion .. is there :scratch:

Even if the State of Israel holds the same opinion of Trump that Professor Troy does, how could we possibly know that (if all we have to go on is the article above)? Do you have something else that tells us what Israel's opinion actually is?

--David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZagZig

Nov 25, 2020
Ontario
✟19,684.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
"Similarly, thank President Donald Trump for supporting Israel, from recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital to facilitating the Abraham Accords. But keep it subdued. Again, not to placate President-elect Biden, but because Trump’s presidency has been so divisive, his rhetoric so harmful, and his refusal to accept obvious election results so outrageous. Trump belongs in every democracy-lover’s Hall of Infamy. There are few greater democratic sins. Any loser questioning an election’s sanctity without substantial proof demeans the people. When a still-popular president lashes out, it risks becoming explosive."

This is just the opinion of Gil Troy. Yes, a professor at McGill university.. but.. just another opinion by an mere mortal man.

God said He would bless anyone that blessed Israel. God will be blessing Trump, and the USA at the same time by His hand... by exposing the corruption of the big tech (Facebook and Twitter), the big media, CNN, MSNBC and others... and the corrupt people of wealth and power behind the numerous frauds behind the latest election.

IMO.. Trump will win this fight.. Democracy in the US and Canada will be saved and the "Great Reset" will die... before it takes the freedom of North America.

Biden and Trudeau want a "great reset" of the economy and when Biden has to accept that the schemes of the left have failed... and he is shown to have lost at the attempt to steal an election.... the plan of Trudeau and Biden will be held back for a while.. Until... the corruption regroups and comes back stronger and wiser.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

That is in the opinion section and I don't think that represents the majority opinion.

A new poll published by I24News and conducted by the Direct Falls Research Institute on Monday found that 63.3% of Israelis preferred the reelection of incumbent US President Donald Trump, compared to 18.8% who preferred former vice president and Democratic challenger Joe Biden.

Majority of Israelis prefer Donald Trump over Joe Biden - poll

Upvote 0

ZagZig

Nov 25, 2020
Ontario
✟19,684.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That is in the opinion section and I don't think that represents the majority opinion.

A new poll published by I24News and conducted by the Direct Falls Research Institute on Monday found that 63.3% of Israelis preferred the reelection of incumbent US President Donald Trump, compared to 18.8% who preferred former vice president and Democratic challenger Joe Biden.

I think that this would be accurate. Since Trump was the first President to follow through on the promise to move the embassy to Jerusalem... even though many said that they would.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God said He would bless anyone that blessed Israel.
And I will bless them that bless thee [Abraham], and curse him that curseth thee [Abraham]: and in thee [Abraham] shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Who is Abraham's seed?
And in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed; that is, in his seed, as in Genesis 22:18 and which is interpreted of Christ, Acts 3:25 meaning not every individual of all the families or nations of the earth; but that as many as believe in Christ, of all nations, are blessed in him; and that whoever of them are blessed, they are blessed and only blessed in him, and that they are blessed for his sake with all spiritual blessings; see Ephesians 1:3 such as redemption, justification, remission of sins, sanctification, adoption, and eternal life. - John Gill's Commentary
Genesis 12 Gill's Exposition

Upvote 0

ZagZig

Nov 25, 2020
Ontario
✟19,684.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And I will bless them that bless thee [Abraham], and curse him that curseth thee [Abraham]: and in thee [Abraham] shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Who is Abraham's seed?
And in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed; that is, in his seed, as in Genesis 22:18 and which is interpreted of Christ, Acts 3:25 meaning not every individual of all the families or nations of the earth; but that as many as believe in Christ, of all nations, are blessed in him; and that whoever of them are blessed, they are blessed and only blessed in him, and that they are blessed for his sake with all spiritual blessings; see Ephesians 1:3 such as redemption, justification, remission of sins, sanctification, adoption, and eternal life. - John Gill's Commentary
I understand how you come up with your view. However, it is commonly understood that God meant Israel. You have your view... I have mine.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think that this would be accurate. Since Trump was the first President to follow through on the promise to move the embassy to Jerusalem... even though many said that they would.
Hello ZigZag, I see that you are brand new around here, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to say, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

God bless you!

--David

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Who is Abraham's seed?
From his seed came Jesus Christ of Nazareth. That is all. Be blessed.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

ZagZig

Nov 25, 2020
Ontario
✟19,684.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hello ZigZag, I see that you are brand new around here, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to say, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

God bless you!

--David

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Thanks David... Nice to be warmly welcomed.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟678,372.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"Gil Troy is a prominent activist in the debate over Zionism and the future of Israel. He has been a Shalom Hartman Center Research Fellow and helped found the center's Engaging Israel Program. His articles on the subject have appeared in The New Republic and elsewhere, and he has written two books, Why I am a Zionist and Moynihan's Moment: America's Fight Against Zionism as Racism, which David G. Dalin, writing in the National Review, called "beautifully written, and rich in its insight and analysis ... the definitive account of this episode and of why its legacy is an enduring one."[5] Jewish Ideas Daily designated Moynihan's Moment one of its "best books" of 2012, it was the winner of a 2014 J.I. Segal Award in the category of English Non-Fiction Award on a Jewish Theme, and his article "Democracy, Judaism, and War" won a 2014 Simon Rockower Award for Excellence in Single Commentary.[6]"

Gil Troy - Wikipedia

To like or dislike Trump's policies has nothing to do with the major anti-democratic blunder he has done after the elections.

Biden is in no means less supportive of Israel. Reality is that Biden's has chosen more Jews than in any previous administration:

'Competence and experience': U.S. Jewish groups thrilled by Biden's cabinet picks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Well of course, most foreign people would prefer a push over President of the United States who does what you tell him to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

It amaze me some people’s priority can be so different than many of us. A 17 years old black man can’t walk on the street of USA after dark without fearing that he might get shot by police , or 30 millions Americans without health insurance or 13 millions undocumented immigrants are on limbo in USA, almost 40 million Americans out of job , long line in front food bank , yet some evangelical Christian care more about US embassy in Jerusalem. No wonder non-Christian find Christianity irrelevant in today’s world.

Upvote 0

ZagZig

Nov 25, 2020
Ontario
✟19,684.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It amaze me some people’s priority can be so different than many of us.
A 17 years old black man can’t walk on the street of USA after dark without fearing that he might get shot by police ,

Not true.... This is propaganda by the media. Can you show proof of this?

or 30 millions Americans without health insurance or 13 millions undocumented immigrants are on limbo in USA,

More propaganda. If you want a safe country you must vet those trying to immigrate to it. This is done by a process and protocol. Do you have proof of 13 million people inside the USA... trying to immigrate? They are to get processed before they come into the country. You don't enter a country illegally and then start a process of immigrating.

almost 40 million Americans out of job , long line in front food bank ,

Trump had the lowest unemployment for colored people and Hispanics... Do you have proof of the 40 million? Or is this still more propaganda?

yet some evangelical Christian care more about US embassy in Jerusalem.

Christians don't care "MORE" for the embassy. It is one thing that they care about. Are you not capable of caring for more than one thing that is done by your government that is utilization of the being the body of Christ?

No wonder non-Christian find Christianity irrelevant in today’s world.

Non Christians find Christianity irrelevant in today's world for numerous reasons. Spreading false narratives in the actions and desires of Christians is just one of them.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
A 17 years old black man can’t walk on the street of USA after dark without fearing that he might get shot by police ,

or 30 millions Americans without health insurance or 13 millions undocumented immigrants are on limbo in USA,

More propaganda. If you want a safe country you must vet those trying to immigrate to it. This is done by a process and protocol. Do you have proof of 13 million people inside the USA... trying to immigrate? They are to get processed before they come into the country. You don't enter a country illegally and then start a process of immigrating.

Trump had the lowest unemployment for colored people and Hispanics... Do you have proof of the 40 million? Or is this still more propaganda?

Christians don't care "MORE" for the embassy. It is one thing that they care about. Are you not capable of caring for more than one thing that is done by your government that is utilization of the being the body of Christ?

Non Christians find Christianity irrelevant in today's world for numerous reasons. Spreading false narratives in the actions and desires of Christians is just one of them.
Your concern for your southern neighbors is touching.
Thank you for looking out for us.

Upvote 0

ZagZig

Nov 25, 2020
Ontario
✟19,684.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Your concern for your southern neighbors is touching.
Thank you for looking out for us.
Your sarcasm is noted... Can you prove anything from your statements? Words are cheap. People, media, even mega news companies... can spout off all kinds of statements.. But, if they cannot prove them... they don't generally age well. There is always, however, those that will clap their hands and shout in agreement.... even if it has no foundation. Give a listen to Candice Owens... She is one person who has the right and the knowledge to refute much of the nonsense.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

In spring of 1945 Allied force were bombing Berlin, Nazi officer were telling Germans, “those are propaganda, we are winning the war”. We all know how the story ended.

From your post it seems like you think everything you disagree or don’t want are “propaganda”. May be if you could live as a 17 years old black man in USA for a day, or a father of a black teenager, you wouldn’t find what I am saying “propaganda”. May be if you were one of the millions who lost his job early spring of this year and had to stand in line for 9 hours to get some food from food bank, then you wouldn’t find anything I wrote as propaganda.

You talk about African American or Hispanic unemployment rate is low under Trump so they should be thankful to Trump or GOP. That notion is such an arrogant idea. I am neither African American nor Hispanic, so I can’t speak for them, but talking to many African American and Hispanic American, they find it extremely arrogant when GOP brag about unemployment rate among African American and Hispanic, African American and Hispanic America’s view “ before talking about unemployment rate among minorities or economic opportunity, GOP needs to RESPECT the minorities first. Rather then demonize African American and Hispanic all day long, GOP needs to listen to their needs and respect them. When African American player kneel on a football game to demand justice , rather then Commander in Chief telling ““Get the So* of B***… out of here”, if he would listen to them that would have made some difference.

But Trump and his supporters see everything as transaction .. African American and Hispanic unemployment is down under Trump so Trumps attitude is “they should be thankful to us”.. GOP’s attitude is “how dare you talk to us equally , we give you job , and be thankful” . African American and Hispanic find this attitude arrogant.

When African American and Hispanic come out and vote in Milwaukee, Detroit , Philadelphia , Trump and his support cry out illegal vote and voter fraud. Funny how Green bay , WI , where 99% voter are white, no one say there is a voter fraud. It’s only the cities where majority voters are minorities , GOP finds voter fraud. You don’t have to spell out racism , the action of GOP speak louder what they think about minority voter.

Any way , Americans have spoken and voted the kind of leader they want. Biden is not perfect, as a conservative I don’t agree with him on many issue, but I hope he will try to bring civility in our politics. Democrat and left will attack GOP, but at least from Biden we will find that he is willing to work with every Americans regardless what are their political view. I am not naïve, I know 30% Americans will never accept Biden as POTUS, but I hope majority will work with him.

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0