Israel rabbis talking with their Messiah?

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

What vision? Daniel did not have a vision in Daniel 9. The vision that Daniel had that Gabriel had explained was earlier back in Daniel 8 was about the transgression of desolation by the little horn person, time of the end.

The little horn person will be destroyed by Jesus at His return, and the things that will have made the temple desolate namely, the beast, the false prophet, and the statue image of the beast incarnated by Satan, and Satan will be removed from the temple and temple mount.

View attachment 286548
23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

What vision? Daniel did not have a vision in Daniel 9. The vision that Daniel had that Gabriel had explained was earlier back in Daniel 8 was about the transgression of desolation by the little horn person, time of the end.

The little horn person will be destroyed by Jesus at His return, and the things that will have made the temple desolate namely, the beast, the false prophet, and the statue image of the beast incarnated by Satan, and Satan will be removed from the temple and temple mount.

View attachment 286548
Where does the text of the Bible say Christ would return at the end of the 70 weeks?

Are you making an assumption based on modern Dispensational Theology?

Gabriel tells Daniel the vision is for the time of the end. Jesus returns and that's the end of the age. I understood you to say the 7 years was completed with the gospel being preached to the gentiles
I'm not a dispensationalist. In that God deals with Israel and gentiles separately

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understood you to say the 7 years was completed with the gospel being preached to the gentiles

It is the text of Matthew 10:5-7, and Romans 1:16, and Galatians 1:14-18, which shows a time period of about 7 years when the Gospel was taken "first" (Paul's word) to the Jews, before Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles.

Christ's earthly ministry = about 3 1/2 years
(Based on the work of many Bible scholars looking at the Passovers in the text of the Gospels.)

Christ's sacrifice until Paul's conversion = at least several months

Paul meets with Peter after his conversion (See Gal. 1:14-18) = 3 years

What do you get when you add it up?

Upvote 0

theoneandonlypencil

Partial preterist, dispensationalist molinist
Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...So, should I even worry about having kids in 7 years when I'm in my late 20's or just scratch all future plans because apparently, we're all going to be raptured any second now? Nevermind the trip to king's island I planned to go on with my husband next summer..

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
...So, should I even worry about having kids in 7 years when I'm in my late 20's or just scratch all future plans because apparently, we're all going to be raptured any second now? Nevermind the trip to king's island I planned to go on with my husband next summer..
We should never take things into our own hands. Just get out there and live and let God work through you at His will.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone want to speculate on who this hidden Messiah of theirs is? My guess would be Jared Kushner. He's negotiated the recent peace deals in the ME, and got top position on 50 Most Influential Jews of 2020 by the Jerusalem Post.

• Agree
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Anyone want to speculate on who this hidden Messiah of theirs is? My guess would be Jared Kushner. He's negotiated the recent peace deals in the ME, and got top position on 50 Most Influential Jews of 2020 by the Jerusalem Post.

That's precisely who I expect it to be.

• Agree
Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is the text of Matthew 10:5-7, and Romans 1:16, and Galatians 1:14-18, which shows a time period of about 7 years when the Gospel was taken "first" (Paul's word) to the Jews, before Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles.

Christ's earthly ministry = about 3 1/2 years
(Based on the work of many Bible scholars looking at the Passovers in the text of the Gospels.)

Christ's sacrifice until Paul's conversion = at least several months

Paul meets with Peter after his conversion (See Gal. 1:14-18) = 3 years

What do you get when you add it up?

But how do you get Daniels 70th week out of that ?

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought the rapture was soon to happen 35 years ago. I put my boots on and went to work. Invested in my retirement plans. I still believe the rapture is near

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could you point me to where the "hidden messiah" is being spoken of.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could you point me to where the "hidden messiah" is being spoken of.

The linked article states they're in talks with him already, yet they're not revealing his identity. So in that sense he's "hidden" - doesn't mean he isn't a very public figure as I've already speculated.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But how do you get Daniels 70th week out of that ?

It is found below in the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America.
It was the understanding of that time.

Dan 9:27 And he shal confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the middes of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of the abominations, he shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation determined shalbe powred vpon the desolate.

Daniel 9:27
And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is found below in the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America.
It was the understanding of that time.

Dan 9:27 And he shal confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the middes of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of the abominations, he shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation determined shalbe powred vpon the desolate.

Daniel 9:27
And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

Well, Jerusalem was destroyed in AD 70 not 7 years after Jesus started his ministry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,011,713.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The linked article states they're in talks with him already, yet they're not revealing his identity. So in that sense he's "hidden" - doesn't mean he isn't a very public figure as I've already speculated.

If he was real, why hide him?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, Jerusalem was destroyed in AD 70 not 7 years after Jesus started his ministry.

That part lies outside of the 70 weeks.

It was predicted below by Christ.

Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Do you believe Christ's death fulfilled the New Covenant?

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That part lies outside of the 70 weeks.

It was predicted below by Christ.

Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Do you believe Christ's death fulfilled the New Covenant?

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

You are avoiding the topic that started this discussion.
Based on Matthew 10:5-7, and Romans 1:16, and Galatians 1:14-18, the Gospel was taken "first" to Daniel's people for a period of about 7 years, before Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles.
This was the 70th week of Daniel during the first century.
You stated the 70th week of Daniel was fulfilled when the gospel was given to the gentiles !
Are you backing away from that ? You should

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You stated the 70th week of Daniel was fulfilled when the gospel was given to the gentiles !
Are you backing away from that ?

Absolutely not, because it is the truth.

There is no "gap" of almost 2,000 years in the prophecy.

There is no singular antecedent for an antichrist in the text.

Based on Matthew 10:5-7, and Romans 1:16, and Galatians 1:14-18, the Gospel was taken "first" to Daniel's people for a period of at least 7 years, before Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles.
It is a fact based on scripture.

Look at what Christ said below during His earthly ministry.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely not, because it is the truth.

There is no "gap" of almost 2,000 years in the prophecy.

There is no singular antecedent for an antichrist in the text.

Based on Matthew 10:5-7, and Romans 1:16, and Galatians 1:14-18, the Gospel was taken "first" to Daniel's people for a period of at least 7 years, before Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles.
It is a fact based on scripture.

Look at what Christ said below during His earthly ministry.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

When quoting the Geneva bible you seemed to imply to 70th week ended in 70 AD, that would certainly be a gap.
Daniel 12 And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time.
Jesus quotes this in Matthew 24:21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be
There's no mention of the 70TH week being fulfilled when the Gospel was given to the gentiles
Also, I don't get why people refer to the Geneva bible for authority, but that's another topic

Upvote 0