Israel rabbis talking with their Messiah?

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟145,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After Jesus, suffered, died and resurrected, the Jews have gone on a different path. Are they still God's chosen people i ask?
Yes,
Romans 11:1I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham,a a member of the tribe of Benjamin. 2God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? 3“Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.”4But what is God’s reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. 6But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As Paul has suggested there aren't Jewish and gentile Christians but rather just Christians.
Well.. followers of Jesus at least. The gentiles hadn't won out at that point yet.

Is that why Jesus became blue eyed and white?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes,
Romans 11:1I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham,a a member of the tribe of Benjamin. 2God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? 3“Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.”4But what is God’s reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. 6But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Who are His people?

Romans 11:2
God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

Who are His people which he foreknew?

1 Peter 1:2
Elect
according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

They are the elect.

Who are the elect?

Romans 11:5
Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

They are the remnant who are saved by grace through faith in Christ.

They are God's elect remnant people whom He foreknew and has not cast away.
But they are not the whole nation.
Hence the reason for Paul's sorrow (Romans 9:2).

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Number 4, but the bible also suggests that Israel will be redeemed at his second coming

What did Paul say below?

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

There is no Plan B of salvation based on race found in the Bible.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well.. followers of Jesus at least. The gentiles hadn't won out at that point yet.

Is that why Jesus became blue eyed and white?
Images of Christ are forbidden in scripture. That said, he became blonde and blue eyed in German areas because that's what people looked like there. He has dark hair and eyes in southern Italian communities. If you go back 1000 years ago people didn't interact with people much beyond 20 miles away, travel was too difficult. That's how you end up with images of Jesus and the Apostles looking like locals.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Images of Christ are forbidden in scripture. That said, he became blonde and blue eyed in German areas because that's what people looked like there. He has dark hair and eyes in southern Italian communities. If you go back 1000 years ago people didn't interact with people much beyond 20 miles away, travel was too difficult. That's how you end up with images of Jesus and the Apostles looking like locals.
Guess Paul's statement justifies that.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does Jesus return to? Certainly not Rome or the southern US

In Acts 1:9-11 Jesus ascends from Mount Olive, and an angel says He will return exactly the way He left.

In Zechariah 14:5 Jesus returns to Mount Olive, with all the saints with Him.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does God identify His Chosen People?

1. By their DNA
2. By their talmudic religion
3. By their kosher culture
4. By their faithfulness and obedience to His Son

?

5. By an unbreakable covenant He made with Abraham.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Acts 1:9-11 Jesus ascends from Mount Olive, and an angel says He will return exactly the way He left.

In Zechariah 14:5 Jesus returns to Mount Olive, with all the saints with Him.
Exactly. The land of His people.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Got this in my feed. Apparently rabbis are talking with their Messiah right now. They believe that Netanyahu is their last prime minister. And they're talking about his revealing coming. Buckle up the Rapture is near

So i did some research... a couple things here.

IsraelToday.co.il doesnt even rate as high as Reuters or Associated press for news in Israel. They seem to be playing off the name of Israel Hayom, a very popular paper in Israel that means Israel Today, in order to confuse English speaking readers into thinking it's the same magazine, when the two have zero association with one another.

I don't have tons of trust for people who would do that sort of thing, but thats just my opinion. I cannot easily find who actually owns the magazine though, so I can't easily decipher what their slant is or their bias lies.

From what I am researching first off, this article is a repost of an older article and the interview in question was back in March or April, prior to Passover this year any way, so it's been a while.

So we have this Rabbi who believes the Messiah was born the year the Temple was destroyed, and whom has been living in different bodies since that day (since apparently Messiah or no flesh doesn't last long), waiting for the day Israelis earn their Messiah via their works, that is apparently the day he reveals himself as the messiah.

They believe various signs of his coming are being fulfilled, much like the dispensationalists sit around and compare every world event to the Bible looking for signs of the second coming and declaring them fulfilled a lot.

I've no idea how widespread this is, but some do believe it as they seemed to be sure they wouldn't have to deal with COVID at all because they expected their messiah to show up prior to Passover.

Therefore, for the sake of argument let's say this is real Jewish belief. (I guess it is somewhere anyway)...

Theres exactly zero difference between this and the Iranian leadership talking to their Imam Mahdi, who likewise lives in much the same way and speaks to key personages like the supreme leader and will also reveal himself to the masses at the right time - that's been the case in Iran for a long time now... nearly my whole life as Khomeini reportedly spoke to him too.

What all this doesn't mean is that the second coming is soon, regardless of whether your waiting just as eagerly on these people's "messiah's"...

Those who believe their messiah has been alive for more than a thousand years living among the people in some way and able to talk to them without widely revealing himself means either their using this as a means to keep people in line, since works are necessary to full revelation, or their messiah can live on for another thousand or more years before deciding his people are good enough, even if you believe him to be the antichirst.

In other words, it's empty of any meaning whatsoever in our faith, with the exception of saying what Jesus said, when they say the messiah is here, or there, don't believe them.

Many false messiahs will arise, and have already arisen... same stuff different day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But God stated "they" broke that covenant even though God stated He was like a husband to them.
God spoke of a new covenant He would make with them that is not like the covenant He made with their forefathers.

Speaking of new Jesus introduced a covenant in His blood.

How does God write the covenant that Jesus spoke of on the hearts of the people?
That they may all know Him.

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Jesus fulfills Gods promise to Abraham. Those that believe in Him God gave the right for them to be called the children of God. - those born of God

Those that reject Him are cut off.

In light of those who God calls His children and the covenant Jesus introduced by His blood do you think those that claim the uniqueness , "the Jewish people", still exists as they believe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Same as #4.

Galatians 3:16,28,29.

Except #4 is about the followers of Jesus/God (those, plural, who obey God), not about Jesus, or Abraham...

And #5 is about the unbreakable covenant God gave to Abraham - which the Galatians 3 passage says applies to his descendant, singular, Jesus.

However, the House of Israel is included in an unbreakable covenant God gave to Abraham, through Isaac, that he would become the father of many natiions, and that was my point in #5.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But God stated "they" broke that covenant even though God stated He was like a husband to them.
God spoke of a new covenant He would make with them that is not like the covenant He made with their forefathers.

How does God write the covenant that Jesus spoke of on the hearts of the people?

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Jesus fulfills Gods promise to Abraham. Those that believe in Him God gave the right for them to be called the children of God. - those born of God

In light of those who God calls His children and the covenant Jesus introduced by His blood do you think those that claim the uniqueness , "the Jewish people", still exists as they believe?

You need to carefully read all of Romans 11 for the answer to your question.

The new covenant is still with the House of Israel - the same House of Israel Jesus originally came for, when He told the apostles to bypass the gentiles, for He was sent only to the House of Israel - and gentiles have to be grafted in by faith into their new covenant.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

The house of Israel can be called a prodigal Son nation. Most of them, except a remnant, are in unbelief and are ungodly, and blinded in part, until Jesus returns, then all of Israel alive to see Him, will believe and be saved, per Romans 11.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

They are still Gods covenant people. There’s no church covenant, only their new covenant - if not for being grafted in, gentiles couldn’t be saved.

Rom 11:17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree,

Rom 11:24 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You need to carefully read all of Romans 11 for the answer to your question.

The new covenant is still with the House of Israel - the same House of Israel Jesus originally came for, when He told the apostles to bypass the gentiles, for He was sent only to the House of Israel - and gentiles have to be grafted in by faith into their new covenant.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Heb 8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

The house of Israel can be called a prodigal Son nation. Most of them, except a remnant, are in unbelief and are ungodly, and blinded in part, until Jesus returns, then all of Israel alive to see Him, will believe and be saved, per Romans 11.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Except you missed where scripture says God gave a covenant to Abraham that he will be the father of many nations through his son Isaac, then Jacob,who became Israel, and that is also an unbreakable covenant.

Israel is still a covenant nation

Upvote 0