Israel, or a remnant gathered a second time?

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just posted this on my my web page. Comments?

Ephesians1:10 That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

There are many dozens of chapters of prophecy that say the same as these below. These were chosen because they use the word gathering. Due to the prevalence of erroneous pop culture end time teachings and the way modern Israel is tied into them. Something needs to be said of many of these verses below that talk of gathering Israel or Judah a second time. The first gathering of ancient Israel was after Babylon conquered Judea and deported the few survivors. A surviving remnant were later allowed to return during the Medo \Persian Empire. The second gathering like the second covenant is the gathering of Jewish and Israeli believers to the messiah that began to occur during Jesus's earthly ministry. So, even though many of these prophecies say they will be gathered a second time to the physical land of Israel, the city and the physical temple. They are doing so illustratively as there are just as many other prophecies that say they will be gathered a second time to the New Jerusalem, the mountain of the Lord which illustrates the Kingdom of God. Or, gathered to the true house or temple of the Lord which is Gods people. The apostle also verifies this in Hebrews 11:18 For you are not come unto the mount that might be touched (Sinai which represents the 1st Covenant.)..... 22 But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect....The apostle also verifies this in the midst of many chapters on this subject in Romans by calling believing Jews of the first century a remnant, as do some of the prophecies about this second gathering. Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. How does modern Israel tie into all this? Well there is a prophecy about modern Israel right at the end of Romans 11 25. For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in........ 30 For as you in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. Let me paraphrase this according to Bible prophecy and how it played out. When the fullness of the gentiles are come in; meaning: When enough gentiles become believers. When the word of God gets into the hands of the general public which just began to happen 500 years ago. When that Word and the Gospel become so influential that nations begin to be founded upon Biblical principle. Then those nations under the influence of the invisible government of God will begin to show mercy to the Israeli people, give them grace just like God has shown grace to the gentiles. What better way to do this but by giving them their own land where they can defend themselves against the animosity of Satan? He is a grudge holder who always seeks to destroy them because the world found the grace of God through Israel. Further what better way to show mercy than becoming their friends in a hostile world? Finally, what better way to show them mercy than by bringing them the Gospel in power and grace, just as it has been brought to those already gathered by Christ?

Since there is a limited amount of space on these posts. Here is a link to the dozen or so prophecies of this great harvest of souls that use the word "gathering" to describe the harvest.
http://www.wordservice.org/Bible Prophecy/bp1009.htm
TGOS.jpg

Last edited:

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
They are doing so illustratively as there are just as many other prophecies that say they will be gathered a second time to the New Jerusalem, the mountain of the Lord which illustrates the Kingdom of God.
Clarify this: how could someone be gathered a second time to New Jerusalem,
since
no one has been gathered the first time to New Jerusalem yet ?

Or, were they gathered once, first, already somewhere else ?

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Clarify this: how could someone be gathered a second time to New Jerusalem,
since
no one has been gathered the first time to New Jerusalem yet ?

Or, were they gathered once, first, already somewhere else ?
Did you read those prophecies?
If not you should do that first, think about them. Then ask that question. I would also suggest reading all Isaiah 60 since I only have a few verses of it on the list.

Upvote 0