Israel in the Middle East

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
DebkaFiles, December 6, 2016

The blunders of Obama and Kerry's Middle East "peace" agenda

Watching John Kerry deliver his indictment of Israel’s settlement enterprise at the Saban

Forum in Washington, DC, on Sunday, my strongest feeling was one of sorrow — sorrow for

him, but mainly for us, at the wasted time and the wrongheaded approach that doomed the

indefatigable, well-intentioned secretary of state’s approach to peacemaking.

Kerry calculated that he has spent 130 hours in formal discussions with Prime Minister

Benjamin Netanyahu in his near four years as secretary of state, and visited Israel a

staggering 40-plus times.

And yet for all that time and effort, as his valedictory jeremiad again made plain, he never

internalized why he was unable to clear the obstacles to Israeli-Palestinian peacemaking.

And in the one key area where Sunday’s presentation showed a belated appreciation of

where he had gone wrong, clarity has arrived long after the damage was done.

The first, foundational mistake was to believe, like a long line of global statespeople before

him, that he could succeed where others had failed in trying to strong-arm the two sides

into an accord on a rapid timetable, when it is tragically and undeniably obvious that the

deadline-based approach cannot work.

Many, perhaps most, Israelis recognize an imperative to separate from the Palestinians in

order to maintain a state that is both Jewish and democratic. But In today’s treacherous

Middle East, they need more persuasion than ever that relinquishing territory will bring

guaranteed tranquility, rather than escalated terrorism and new efforts to paralyze, and

ultimately destroy, the country.

The lesson that Kerry refused to learn, but that his successors would be wise to, is that you

cannot broker peace when the people on one side of the negotiating table do not so much as

acknowledge the right of the people on the other side to be there

While Kerry and President Barack Obama assured Israelis they could afford to take the risk

of territorial compromise, we have watched countries all around us descend into chaos, and

seen every unsavory terror group you can name, and some you can’t, gain footholds in the

neighborhood — from Syria, to Jordan, the West Bank, Gaza and Egypt.

We have watched Iran grow emboldened and richer, thanks to a lousy accord that did not

fully dismantle its rogue nuclear program. We saw Hezbollah fill the vacuum when we left

southern Lebanon. We watched Hamas take over when we left Gaza, and we have since

endured rocket fire and intermittent conflict as the reward for our withdrawal, even as we

have been battered internationally for fighting back.

We have witnessed Mahmoud Abbas’s West Bank Palestinian hierarchy encourage hostility

to Israel, lie about our plans for the Temple Mount, and rewrite the previous Muslim

narrative that acknowledged the historicity of Jerusalem’s Jewish temples in favor of a

revisionist creed that denies all Jewish connection to the holy city and thus delegitimates

Israel’s very presence.

The lesson that Kerry refused to learn, but that his successors would be wise to, is that you

cannot broker peace when the people on one side of the negotiating table do not so much as

acknowledge the right of the people on the other side to be there.

Or to put it more constructively, if you want to create a climate in which an accommodation

might one day be possible, you have to work bottom up as well as top down, and promote

education — via social media, spiritual leadership, schools and political leadership — that

provides an honest narrative, encourages moderation, and marginalizes extremism. More

succinctly still, when the Palestinians’ schools start teaching the Jews’ holy land history as

well as their own, you might legitimately feel the beginnings of optimism about

peacemaking.

Kerry, and his president, compounded that foundational error by continually

underestimating Israel’s security concerns. At its narrowest point, Israel is nine miles wide.
It is extremely strong and — thanks in no small part to the Obama administration — it

maintains its qualitative military edge. But assuring Israel that it can dare to relinquish

substantial parts of the West Bank by talking up sophisticated fencing in the Jordan Valley,

or detailing provisions by which Israeli troops can be rapidly deployed to West Bank trouble

spots at times of crisis, is inadequate.

Over the decades, we have endured conventional war, a strategic onslaught of suicide

bombings, car-rammings, stabbings and rocket attacks. And the only reason we’re not in

the midst of a far more crippling terror war right now is that Israel’s security forces

maintain freedom of movement throughout the West Bank.

They have thus been able to prevent the reconstruction of the network of terrorism — the

bomb factories and the training facilities that enabled Hamas and Fatah cells to terrorize

Israel on a daily basis a decade and a half ago, after we had left the major West Bank cities

under the Oslo accords.

This is not to say that Israel can never compromise its military freedom of access. But it

certainly can’t, and won’t, until that previous necessity is met, and the Palestinians have

credibly turned toward genuine coexistence.

Self-complicating his impossible mission still further, Kerry served in an administration

that did not radiate the strength and purpose that Israel needs from its key ally in order to

contemplate territorial concessions.

The Obama administration allowed Hosni Mubarak to fall in Egypt, and has not strongly

backed the current Egyptian President, Abdel Fattah el-Sissi, in his efforts to resist another

descent into Muslim extremism and to encourage Islam’s clerical authorities to speak out

against the death-cultists.

The US administration stayed away when protesters attempted to oust the ayatollahs of Iran,

and it entrenched their oppressive regime with the nuclear deal. It failed to intervene

effectively in Syria, even after President Bashar Assad crossed Obama’s own red line and

started gassing the Syrian people — and thus signaled to the pitiable people of Syria that

nobody was going to save them, prompted millions more to flee, intensified Europe’s

refugee crisis, and in turn boosted the outraged European right.

As the US administration held back, others moved to fill the vacuum — including Iran and

Vladimir Putin’s Russia. For the confidence to make peace, Israel needs to see a strong,

committed America in the Middle East, working to uphold the freedoms it emblemizes,

partnering Israel in the battle against Islamic extremism. Not an America hesitant or absent.

To judge by Kerry’s bitter summation on Sunday, all those fundamental errors still seem to

have gone unrecognized. Where he did appear to have just possibly internalized a major

misstep, however, was when it comes to the settlement enterprise. For the first time that I

can remember, the secretary publicly highlighted what he said were the 90,000 Jews who

now live in settlements on the far side of the security barrier that Israel built to stop the

suicide-bomber onslaught in the early years of this century

Twenty thousand of them, he said, had moved there since President Obama took office. He

called that barrier an Israeli “security line,” publicly implying, to my mind at least, a

greater sympathy for those Israelis living to the west of that line, in the settlement blocs

and in Jerusalem’s post-1967 neighborhoods.

The failure to draw a distinction between new housing in, say, Jerusalem’s Gilo and in an

isolated settlement outpost deep inside the West Bank, has been a hallmark of the Obama

administration.

Every new planned home over the pre-1967 lines — whether in an area Israel would never

contemplate relinquishing, or in an area Israel cannot anticipate retaining if it ever wishes

to separate from the Palestinians — was routinely castigated by the administration as a

crime of equal gravity, discrediting the criticism in the eyes of the Israeli mainstream, and

by extension discrediting the administration too. The focus should always have been on the

outlying settlements, on the building that entangles Israel self-defeatingly deeper among

the Palestinians, on helping save the Jewish state from its short-sighted Greater Israel

ideologues.

In today’s Middle East, in the dangerous climate in which it fell to Kerry to attempt

diplomacy, brokering peace between Israel and the Palestinians was always going to be a

long-term mission, rather than a quick fix. Kerry never accepted this, and therefore never

actually began that mission.

But even where he and the president rightly recognized and stressed the imperative to keep

the eventual option of a two-state solution open, his administration undermined that goal

by failing to distinguish between settlements in areas that Israel would need to relinquish

and those in areas Israel will seek to maintain. Ironically, coming as Israel advances

untenable legislation seeking to retroactively “legalize” dozens of outposts on the far side of

that “security line,” realization might now have dawned upon Kerry, many years too late.

My comment

Neither the US or even Israel totally understand what is going on related to the Lord's

agenda for the region .... Israel knows that the tiny nation has a biblical destination, but the

US and other political powers do not understand

Even Israel does not understand that the Lord is going to soon pressure a remnant part of

the nation for turning to Him [Jeremiah 30; Ezekiel 20:33-44; Ezekiel 38; 39; Daniel 11:41;

12:1; Joel 2; 3; Micah 5; Zechariah 12; 13; 14; Matthew 24:15-16; Luke 21:20-36; Revelation

12:6; 12:14-17]

The nation is in unbelief today and does not know who their Messiah and King Jesus Christ

is .... but they are going to find out

There will be no "peace" between Israel and their virulent enemies of the surrounding

Muslim states until the Lord forces it [Micah 4:1-3; 5:5-6]

And those who meddle with today's quagmire in the Middle East are headed for failure and

disaster because of the Lord's intents for the region which cannot be altered

This is something that the world does not understand and neither do many of today's

religious organizations of professing Christianity, not to mention Judiasm and Islam

Obama and Kerry do not understand why they have failed

The Middle East is the Lord's vortex for dealing with a world of unbelief and His soon

coming to bring down all nations, their governments, cultures, and self rule

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to defend Israel to everyone I met. I still abhor the random rocket attacks from Palestine, and believe Israel has a right to defend herself. No doubt about that.

But I've since learned by which method the Jewish state came to be in that region, which is abhorrent in itself and I also have come to realize that national Israel is of no significance to God and Christianity.

I can appreciate allies like the U.S.A. working with Israel and I certainly don't want to see Iran drop a nuke, but at the same time I realize that much of the hatred directed towards Israel is as a result of their own doing.

I no longer dismiss as nonsense accusations of Israeli lies, though I'm not naive enough to think the Arabs don't also lie. I've seen the fake funeral processions and the attempts to sway international media against Israel, but knowing those things doesn't invoke as much sympathy from me for Israel as it used to.

In short, I've come to see the Israeli / Arab issue as just another regional conflict with no real significance to me or my faith. It would've been better if Britain had never capitulated to the Jews and kept control of the region for themselves.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My excuse for what? Changing my mind? I didn't realize I needed an excuse for that.

The point is, since I originally supported Israel I've learned a lot. And now, knowing more, I no longer support Israel. In other words, if you still support Israel it's probably because you don't have a complete picture of the facts. The more you learn, the less you support Israel. That's the way it typically goes.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Is Israel to be a Nation Forever?
Here is the clearest passage on the perpetuity of Israel's nationhood:

Jeremiah 31:36-37 If those ordinances [the cosmic order.] depart from before me, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me forever. The Lord says: if heaven above can be measured and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done.

That seems clear: the nation of Israel, as a group of people, is under the eternal blessing of God, and will always be a nation. But we should notice a few things:
First, what does the text mean by nation? The Hebrew word is goy, the plural of which, goyim, means the Gentiles. A nation must be a distinct people group with a government, or a people with a king.

Second, how did God keep this promise? Israel only became a nation at Mount Sinai in Exodus 19:5-6 God declared Israel to be a peculiar treasure and a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. Was Israel a nation when the 10 tribes were carried away into captivity; was Israel a nation when the remaining 2 tribes were carried into Babylon for 70 years; was Israel a nation when she existed from Nehemiah’s time to the time of the Roman empire, where no Davidic king ever sat on the earthly throne in Jerusalem; was Israel a nation when she was destroyed in AD 70; and was Israel a nation scattered among the nations from AD 70 to AD 1948; and is it the true Israel that is today a nation?

Third, the promise of Jeremiah 31:36-37 is made explicitly to the seed of Israel, and not to the corporate entity known as Israel. The seed of Israel includes all those, whether ethnic Jew or ethnic Gentile, who believe in Jesus Christ, and excludes all ethnic Jews and every godless human who rejects Jesus Christ. Since the Jews who returned to Israel in 1948 were unbelievers, the New Covenant has nothing to do with them.

But what of the nationhood of Israel? In which people is this promise fulfilled if not in the unbelieving Jewish state in the Middle East, that has usurped the name of Israel? And is there a king to sit on David's throne?
The New Testament tells us that Jesus is the son or seed of David and that He sits on David's throne: Luke 1:32-33 The Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Acts 2:30-36 teaches that Jesus is already sitting on the throne of David in heaven.
So it is therefore, only at the Return of Jesus, that the rightful King will physically reign over the nation of all Israel on earth.

In preparation for this, all of the Lord’s true Christian people, from every tribe, race, nation and language, Revelation 5:9-10: the nation that ‘bears fruit’, Matthew 21:43, will be gathered into the holy Land, soon after the Lord’s Day of wrath. Ezekiel 34:11-31 They elect for themselves a leader: Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11 and they are there when the Anti-Christ comes to Jerusalem and desecrates the Temple.

1260 days later, Jesus will Return and destroy the AC’s army and chain him up, as all His faithful people are supernaturally brought to Him, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, Matthew 24:31, shouting: Blessed is He that comes in the Name of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"In other words, if you still support Israel it's probably because you don't have a complete picture of the facts. The more you learn, the less you support Israel. That's the way it typically goes."

You have it exactly backwards and should have stayed where you were in the first place

And even then you needed to improve your standing with further study .... I can tell by your postings

Neither do I believe your turn around story

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I used to defend Israel to everyone I met. I still abhor the random rocket attacks from Palestine, and believe Israel has a right to defend herself. No doubt about that.

But I've since learned by which method the Jewish state came to be in that region, which is abhorrent in itself and I also have come to realize that national Israel is of no significance to God and Christianity.

I can appreciate allies like the U.S.A. working with Israel and I certainly don't want to see Iran drop a nuke, but at the same time I realize that much of the hatred directed towards Israel is as a result of their own doing.

I no longer dismiss as nonsense accusations of Israeli lies, though I'm not naive enough to think the Arabs don't also lie. I've seen the fake funeral processions and the attempts to sway international media against Israel, but knowing those things doesn't invoke as much sympathy from me for Israel as it used to.

In short, I've come to see the Israeli / Arab issue as just another regional conflict with no real significance to me or my faith. It would've been better if Britain had never capitulated to the Jews and kept control of the region for themselves.
A whole lot of GOBBLEDYGOOK. Israel will be saved, or COME TO CHRIST as a Nation and God does have a plan for them, you just do not understand it, IT SEEMS.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A whole lot of GOBBLEDYGOOK. Israel will be saved, or COME TO CHRIST as a Nation and God does have a plan for them, you just do not understand it, IT SEEMS.
On the contrary. I understand very well. The true Israel will be saved but that's not that nation in the middle east that goes by the same name.

Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"In other words, if you still support Israel it's probably because you don't have a complete picture of the facts. The more you learn, the less you support Israel. That's the way it typically goes."

You have it exactly backwards and should have stayed where you were in the first place

And even then you needed to improve your standing with further study .... I can tell by your postings

Of course you don't believe me. You think everybody is a liar and a cheat. Your glass is always half empty.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
On the contrary. I understand very well. The true Israel will be saved but that's not that nation in the middle east that goes by the same name.
Sure it is. Why do you think Jesus commands them to FLEE JUDEA at the time of the Abomination of Desolation. That means they are in Judea.

The Israel that is in Israel now, will come to know Jesus as their Messiah before the Day of the Lord, God sends Elijah back to turn them unto him, they accept the Messiah before the Abomination of Desolation. When the Anti-Christ defiles the Temple, the Jews are worshiping Jesus. Go look at Daniel, the word SACRIFICE is added by the English translators, it only says the DAILY is taken away. Not the Daily Sacrifice. It is imho, a Daily oblation, or Honoring of Jesus Christ. Elijah turns Israel back unto their God, which is Jesus Christ, just as scriptures say.

I just don't get the Israel is not Israel. Jews are Jews brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure it is. Why do you think Jesus commands them to FLEE JUDEA at the time if the Abomination of Desolation. That means thy are in Judea.
Because that was the destruction of jerusalem in 70 AD. It was indeed a local event.
I just don't get the Israel s not Israel. Jews are Jews brother.
That's not what Paul said.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Agreed!

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure it is. Why do you think Jesus commands them to FLEE JUDEA at the time if the Abomination of Desolation. That means thy are in Judea.

The Israel that is on Israel now, will come to know Jesus as their Messiah before the Day of the Lord, God sends Elijah back to turn them unto him, they accept the Messiah before the Abomination of Desolation. When the Anti-Christ defiles the Temple, the Jews are worshiping Jesus. Go look at Daniel, the word SACRIFICE is added by the English translators, it only says the DAILY is taken away. Not the Daily Sacrifice. It is imho, a Daily oblation, or Honoring of Jesus Christ. Elijah turns Israel back unto their God, which is Jesus Christ, just as scriptures say.

I just don't get the Israel s not Israel. Jews are Jews brother.

Agreed! IMO......after hearing the Two preachers from the Temple for 3 years, when they actually see and hear the A/C they have been describing, stand in the temple and declare himself to be God, it is at that moment they realize how wrong they have been.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is Israel to be a Nation Forever?
Here is the clearest passage on the perpetuity of Israel's nationhood:

Jeremiah 31:36-37 If those ordinances [the cosmic order.] depart from before me, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me forever. The Lord says: if heaven above can be measured and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done.

That seems clear: the nation of Israel, as a group of people, is under the eternal blessing of God, and will always be a nation. But we should notice a few things:
First,
what does the text mean by nation? The Hebrew word is goy, the plural of which, goyim, means the Gentiles. A nation must be a distinct people group with a government, or a people with a king.

Second, how did God keep this promise? Israel only became a nation at Mount Sinai in Exodus 19:5-6 God declared Israel to be a peculiar treasure and a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. Was Israel a nation when the 10 tribes were carried away into captivity; was Israel a nation when the remaining 2 tribes were carried into Babylon for 70 years; was Israel a nation when she existed from Nehemiah’s time to the time of the Roman empire, where no Davidic king ever sat on the earthly throne in Jerusalem; was Israel a nation when she was destroyed in AD 70; and was Israel a nation scattered among the nations from AD 70 to AD 1948; and is it the true Israel that is today a nation?

Third, the promise of Jeremiah 31:36-37 is made explicitly to the seed of Israel, and not to the corporate entity known as Israel. The seed of Israel includes all those, whether ethnic Jew or ethnic Gentile, who believe in Jesus Christ, and excludes all ethnic Jews and every godless human who rejects Jesus Christ. Since the Jews who returned to Israel in 1948 were unbelievers, the New Covenant has nothing to do with them.

But what of the nationhood of Israel? In which people is this promise fulfilled if not in the unbelieving Jewish state in the Middle East, that has usurped the name of Israel? And is there a king to sit on David's throne?
The New Testament tells us that Jesus is the son or seed of David and that He sits on David's throne: Luke 1:32-33 The Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Acts 2:30-36 teaches that Jesus is already sitting on the throne of David in heaven.
So it is therefore, only at the Return of Jesus, that the rightful King will physically reign over the nation of all Israel on earth.

In preparation for this, all of the Lord’s true Christian people, from every tribe, race, nation and language, Revelation 5:9-10: the nation that ‘bears fruit’, Matthew 21:43, will be gathered into the holy Land, soon after the Lord’s Day of wrath. Ezekiel 34:11-31 They elect for themselves a leader: Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11 and they are there when the Anti-Christ comes to Jerusalem and desecrates the Temple.

1260 days later, Jesus will Return and destroy the AC’s army and chain him up, as all His faithful people are supernaturally brought to Him, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, Matthew 24:31, shouting: Blessed is He that comes in the Name of the Lord.

1st Thessalonians 4:17-18........
“Then we which are alive and remain shall be CAUGHT UP together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.”

The Word of God teaches that the Rapture could happen at any time, suddenly, without signs or warning. This is the basis of Biblical prophecy concerning the Lord's return, that is, that Christians all be on their toes, preaching the gospel, walking uprightly and faithfully serving their Master, because their Lord may surprise them at any time by returning...

Matthew 24:42-44.......
“Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”

Only a Pretribulation Rapture supports this vital Bible doctrine. If, anyone falsely teaches, the Rapture cannot happen at any time, then the element of surprise is completely gone. Thus, a Postribulation Rapture heresy completely ignores all of the Bible's teachings that the Lord Jesus Christ may return at any time, suddenly and without warning. This sole truth by itself totally eradicates, destroys and disproves the false teaching that the Rapture comes after the 7-year Tribulation.

What does the Bible say?????

ITHINK!!!! f the Rapture happens AFTER the 7-year Tribulation period, which is a POSTtribulation resurrection as you teach, then the tares will be taken at the same time as the Rapture of the saints, which makes absolutely no sense. If God Raptures the saints at the time of His Second Coming as a postTribulation Rapture, then what would be the purpose of separating the tares from the wheat? The Bible plainly teaches that the separating of the tares from the wheat is NOT the Rapture. The Rapture is when the saints are “CAUGHT UP” (1st Thessalonians 4:17). In sharp contrast, at the onset of Christ's Millennial reign, God is going to separate the wicked (tares) from the wheat (righteous)...

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Israel is in the land for the Lord's purposes today and will experience His visitation soon [Jeremiah 30; Ezekiel 33-44; Zechariah 12; 13; 14; Matthew 24; Luke 21:20]

70 AD was not the time of the end, the Lord's discourse does not include the Roman incursions at the time

He looks much further to the time of the end of this present age .... the 70th week decreed for Israel still pending

The idea that He is finished with Israel today as a set apart nation among the Gentiles is the rant of preteristic thinking held by most of the divides of professing Christianity today

This thinking is of the replacement theology dogma and not to be entertained

A remnant part of Israel is returned twice in prophetic scripture ....out of the Babylonian captivity [457 BC], and the recent return in 1948 after WW II ...... there are no other returns in prophetic scripture

Israel has been returned in unbelief today, but this is going to change during the coming tribulation .... a remnant part will turn to their Messiah Jesus Christ

He will pressure His nation for the turning [Jeremiah 30 Ezekiel 20:33-34; 38; 39]

There are many scriptures in both the OT and NT that support this truth

Those of the professing church who deny should be suspect of just what they are up to

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Israel is in the land for the Lord's purposes today and will experience His visitation soon [Jeremiah 30; Ezekiel 33-44; Zechariah 12; 13; 14; Matthew 24; Luke 21:20]

70 AD was not the time of the end, the Lord's discourse does not include the Roman incursions at the time

He looks much further to the time of the end of this present age .... the 70th week decreed for Israel still pending

The idea that He is finished with Israel today as a set apart nation among the Gentiles is the rant of preteristic thinking held by most of the divides of professing Christianity today

This thinking is of the replacement theology dogma and not to be entertained

A remnant part of Israel is returned twice in prophetic scripture .... the Babylonian, and the recent return in 1948 ...... there are no other returns in prophetic scripture

Israel has been returned in unbelief today, but this is going to change during the coming tribulation .... a remnant part will turn to their Messiah Jesus Christ

He will pressure His nation for the turning

There are many scriptures in both the OT and NT that support this truth

Those of the professing church who deny should be suspect of just what they are up to

Agreed.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THINK!!!! If the Rapture happens AFTER the 7-year Tribulation period, which is a POSTtribulation resurrection as you teach, then the tares will be taken at the same time as the Rapture of the saints, which makes absolutely no sense. If God Raptures the saints at the time of His Second Coming as a postTribulation Rapture, then what would be the purpose of separating the tares from the wheat?
The tares are separated from the wheat at the great white throne judgment. At that time you're either in the book or in the lake. Until then we live together.

Both the tares and the wheat are "raptured" up at the same time, which is on the last day. All are resurrected and transformed on that day, then taken up for judgment.

Acts 24:15
and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

See. Both the righteous and the wicked are resurrected together.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
LS is skipping over the Lord's coming millennial kingdom

His view is amil .... no millennial rule

He thinks the world is already in the Lord's coming kingdom upon the earth ..... this is the RCC view

Revelation clearly refutes this idea [Revelation 20:1-8]

The separation of the wheat and tares will come at the end of the 1000 years and after the Lord's millennial kingdom upon the earth

• Agree
Upvote 0