• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Israel-Hamas ceasefire comes into effect in Gaza

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Supreme, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Illuminaughty

Illuminaughty Drift and Doubt

+118
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Green
    Do you have a link for that?

2. Douger

Douger Veteran

+847
    Christian
    I'm sorry, it was very incorrect of me to state that he "publicly announced". Big mistake on my part.

But here are the links to several articles that mention Mr. Jabari's involvement in working towards a long term truce.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/opinion/israels-shortsighted-assassination.html?_r=0

Not Safe For Work Corporation | The War Nerd: Lucian Truscott IV Is Four Times As Stupid As Israel

Why Gaza? by Justin Raimondo -- Antiwar.com

Jabari assassination brought Hamas negotiations to premature end | Scholars and Rogues

Gershon Baskin, Israeli Activist, Explains Truce Plan Given To Ahmed Jabari Before Gaza War

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. Illuminaughty

+118
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Green
    Thanks.

4. Panzerkamfwagen

Panzerkamfwagen Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.

+21
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    A large plurality of Palestinians don't want peace.

I know this because they voted for Hamas, and the Hamas charter says so, too.

5. Illuminaughty

+118
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Green
    Israel is currently occupying the occupied territories so I'm sure a good number of people won't cease hostilities permanently until that is rectified. They should just get it over it and implement the two state solution.

6. Panzerkamfwagen

Panzerkamfwagen Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.

+21
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    And they actually pulled out of

Well:

7. Illuminaughty

+118
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Green
    The two state solution wasn't implemented yet. They are still rightly labeled "occupied territories". The Israeli government likes to say "disputed" rather than occupied but that's just semantics. Fact is the Palestinians do not have the national autonomy and sovereignty that real states have. Can they raise an army for example? Until they have real sovereignty the chances for long term peace are pretty low.

8. Illuminaughty

+118
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Green

They may currently be Hamas's charter. The continuance of the occupation of the OT drives people toward violence. Palestinians might be more apt to elect a peaceful party (or alter the charter of Hamas) if they have justice.

9. BlandOatmeal

BlandOatmeal Regular Member

+51
    Married
    US-Republican
    In other news, the Zionist camp in Israel got a slight boost in the polls, despite widespread anger against Netanyahu for bowing to American pressure for an early ceasefire. US President Obama is also said to have promised the dispatch of American troops to bolster our force in Sinai.

Other than that, HAMAS has cut back on the number of rocket attacks on Israeli civilians. Not much has changed in the area. Syria is still engaged in a bloody civil war that makes Gaza look like a picnic. Israel's next action could very well be in the north.

Oh, as anyone noticed? Iran continues to enrich uranium, and to manufacture delivery systems.

Shalom shalom :wave:

10. interpreter

interpreter Senior Member

+130
    Anglican
    It won't last.

11. bigbadwilf

bigbadwilf Drinking from the glass half-empty

+45
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    I don't have a dog in this fight at all (I'm not Israeli, Palestinian, Jewish, Muslim or within 500 miles, the most recent trip that anyone in my family had to there was a great-uncle who was delayed in traffic while delivering some post to the King David Hotel in Jerusalem in 1946), but it does have to be said that if it was the intent of the IDF to wipe out the Gazans (as some have claimed) then they really did a terrible job of it.

Think about it for a second, there were more than 1500 airstrikes, plus naval and land-based artillary bombardment over the space of several days and the total number of killed is of the order of 160.

That works out as about ten airstrikes per fatality (civilian or millitant). That's absurdly low for avoiding all casualties. Let alone for one that's actually targetting the millitants and not just pulverising their infrastructure.

12. BlandOatmeal

+51
    Married
    US-Republican
    Finally, Wolf! Someone here who knows how to count!

Perhaps Assad and his enemies could turn their own Muslim-on-Muslim war over to Israel. Here's the latest from there:

The Western states and Arabs managed to get the Israelis to quit shooting after a few days. In Syria, this thing has been going on for 20 months, with no end in site.

[​IMG]

Palestinian civilian in Hevron

[​IMG]
    Pyridine, 3-(1-methyl-2-pyrrolidinyl)-, (S)- (nicotine).

13. BlandOatmeal

+51
    Married
    US-Republican
    Next front: Lebanon?

Amazing! I thought those big, bad. brutal Israelis were beating up on those poor little fellers!

14. BlandOatmeal

+51
    Married
    US-Republican
    Again, It appears that those "brutal, bullying Israelis" got beaten up by the "underdog" Palestinians. What is wrong with this picture?

15. BlandOatmeal

+51
    Married
    US-Republican
    Here's a sensible analysis:

16. freezerman2000

freezerman2000 Living and dying in 3/4 time

+1,112
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    The "bully" only pulled back under pressure from the international front and someone doesn't know it-or chooses to over exagerate to make a cess pool smell like roses?

17. BlandOatmeal

+51
    Married
    US-Republican
    [​IMG]
    Hi, Freezer

That same "bully" was also pulled INTO that mess by pressure from the international front. Lots of pulling is going on there, on all fronts. It's like a hideous game of chess, from Sudan to Iran and beyond. The latest I read in DEBKA has Israel, Egypt and the US in an unholy alliance against Iran, Syria and Russia, with other players, of course, on both sides, and Gaza sort of in the middle.

Oh, I forgot. Did you have red roses in mind? or white? I see shades of 1485 lurking in the background.

[​IMG]