Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Tanakh,

Jesus would say love was a fulfillment of the Law. So Christianity would certainly not nullify any Law but only the driver for it. It does make a distinction on culture in that those who live as original Jews were different then those who where Gentiles. If one were to consider it a sin to eat snails then that is would be. Again Judaism not is not legalistic faith. It is also not so far from the concept of Noahides to some degree.

Isaiah 1

Jesus says as much here.

Matthew 23
Judaism set the code of law for the Noahide laws and Judaism is a faith of law as we Jews promised G-d to follow all of His laws for all time.

Upvote 0

Nimrauko

Episcopalian
Apr 27, 2007
Shreveport
Visit site
✟8,281.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Well many reasons.

Chiefly I am gay >_>

But beside that, the verse in Leviticus Refers to Male Rape, which was dehumanizing to the victim, and was a common practice among the pagans.

Also it says a man shall not lie with a man as he would a woman. Which to spare the details, is assumed to not be the case. >_>

But that aside, there is no recorded instance of the death penalty actually being brought out against gays. At least by Jews. We have records of Christians doing it, and Hitler Doing it. But not by us.

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Well many reasons.

Chiefly I am gay >_>

But beside that, the verse in Leviticus Refers to Male Rape, which was dehumanizing to the victim, and was a common practice among the pagans.

Also it says a man shall not lie with a man as he would a woman. Which to spare the details, is assumed to not be the case. >_>

But that aside, there is no recorded instance of the death penalty actually being brought out against gays. At least by Jews. We have records of Christians doing it, and Hitler Doing it. But not by us.
Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a man as one lies with a woman, it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13 "A man who lies with a man as one lies with a woman, they have both done an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon themselves."

The verse is not talking about male rape but homosexuality which is deemed unnatural and against G-d and is thus abominable so it is therefore punished through stoning or strangulation.

Upvote 0

Nimrauko

Episcopalian
Apr 27, 2007
Shreveport
Visit site
✟8,281.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a man as one lies with a woman, it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13 "A man who lies with a man as one lies with a woman, they have both done an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon themselves."

The verse is not talking about male rape but homosexuality which is deemed unnatural and against G-d and is thus abominable so it is therefore punished through stoning or strangulation.
Well I could go on about it, but this is not the thread.
I would love to start a new thread for that debate though :p

Upvote 0
S

Servant222

So commenting on the original post, I do think that those countries that support mixed marriages, as well as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and democracy in general are in fact acting in the spirt of how I believe God wants the world to be.

After all, He gave us a free will to choose our destiny, and He came to us as Jesus- not to force us into following him, but rather to encourage us, on our own, to repetent and follow him.

The corrolary is also true- tyrants and oppressive regimes who suppress basic human rights, I believe, are more likely to be aligned with satan, rather than God.

So where does modern day Israel stand in all this? I think very well- they have a democracy, freedom of speech is very much allowed, and different religions are very much tolerated- to the point where even the Temple Mount is allowed to remain under Muslim control, even though it would be easy for Israel to assert its right to take back one of its most holy places, and just use its overwhelming military superiority to do just that.

So on the one relatively small matter of allowing Jews to marry someone of a different faith, they currently don't make the grade that some countries in the world expect. Is that really even slightly comparable to the human rights atrocities that happen every day in any number of puppet dictatorships?

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
So commenting on the original post, I do think that those countries that support mixed marriages, as well as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and democracy in general are in fact acting in the spirt of how I believe God wants the world to be.

After all, He gave us a free will to choose our destiny, and He came to us as Jesus- not to force us into following him, but rather to encourage us, on our own, to repetent and follow him.

The corrolary is also true- tyrants and oppressive regimes who suppress basic human rights, I believe, are more likely to be aligned with satan, rather than God.

So where does modern day Israel stand in all this? I think very well- they have a democracy, freedom of speech is very much allowed, and different religions are very much tolerated- to the point where even the Temple Mount is allowed to remain under Muslim control, even though it would be easy for Israel to assert its right to take back one of its most holy places, and just use its overwhelming military superiority to do just that.

So on the one relatively small matter of allowing Jews to marry someone of a different faith, they currently don't make the grade that some countries in the world expect. Is that really even slightly comparable to the human rights atrocities that happen every day in any number of puppet dictatorships?

:thumbsup: :clap: I do not agree with everything but some things are right on target.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.