Femina

Nov 4, 2016
Australia
✟15,752.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
One of Christians here proposed me to open a thread devoted to my own views...
Starting from Christianity, Islam, Israel and politics....

I will answer to your questions, if I can. If I can't, I will not respond. lol

Ok guys, questions.
Hello and blessings to you. My question is: What is Christian perfection?

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello. Blessings to you too.
Perfection is holiness.
Holiness is one of the commands of God.

15 But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 17 Since you call on a Father who judges each man’s work impartially, live your lives in reverent fear during your temporary stay on earth.…
1 Peter 1

Isaiah 35:8
A highway will be there, a roadway, And it will be called the Highway of Holiness. The unclean will not travel on it, But it will be for him who walks that way, And fools will not wander on it.

Where is this way? This is the way leading to the Kingdom of God and to the New Jerusalem on our planet..to dwell on our planet with the Creator Jesus.

The Future Glory of Zion

35 The wilderness and the wasteland shall be glad for them,
And the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose;
2 It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice,
Even with joy and singing.
The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it,
The excellence of Carmel and Sharon.
They shall see the glory of the Lord,
The excellency of our God.

3 Strengthen the weak hands,
And make firm the feeble knees.
4 Say to those who are fearful-hearted,
“Be strong, do not fear!
Behold, your God will come with vengeance,
With the recompense of God;
He will come and save you.”

5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,
And the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6 Then the lame shall leap like a deer,
And the tongue of the dumb sing.
For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness,
And streams in the desert.
7 The parched ground shall become a pool,
And the thirsty land springs of water;
In the habitation of jackals, where each lay,
There shall be grass with reeds and rushes.

8 A highway shall be there, and a road,
And it shall be called the Highway of Holiness.
The unclean shall not pass over it,
But it shall be for others.
Whoever walks the road, although a fool,
Shall not go astray.
9 No lion shall be there,
Nor shall any ravenous beast go up on it;
It shall not be found there.
But the redeemed shall walk there,
10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return,
And come to Zion with singing,
With everlasting joy on their heads.
They shall obtain joy and gladness,
And sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Matthew 5:48
You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Philippians 3:12-15
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.

James 1:4
And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Philippians 2:15
That you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world

2 Corinthians 7:1
Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Brothers,
I want to quote what my friend Ella said:

"In Jesus you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit Ephesians 2:22

We must continue to allow God to create in us a clean heart and renew the right spirit in us.

God can only tear down the building that we have build within ourselves as we give Him permission and allow the Holy Spirit to do His work in us.

Once God has torn down what we have built on the wrong foundation, He begins a new work of reconstruction and restoration in us, rebuilding and remodeling our old structure removing ourselves as the old headstone, and replacing it with Jesus Christ as our new head cornerstone....

But this can't be done without us totally surrendering to the Holy Spirit, giving Him permission to do so, converting our old building into new creations and new creatures in Christ thus, presenting us before God as a new place acceptable for His holy and pure dwelling place.
He who began a good work in us, will not have this building competed until Jesus comes".

One Christian man said:
" If what your friend is saying is true then what is the purpose of the blood of Christ? Is it not the blood that has made us pure? Is it not the blood that has made us whole? How then do we "allow" God to work in us if the work is done on the cross? How can we become more Holy or more righteous if our righteousness is in the blood of Christ? Our righteousness is as filthy rags is it not? I understand that sanctification is a process that we do-participate in with Spirit but I think our righteousness is secured by the blood not by our sanctification. Is that what your friend is talking about?

I don't think it is realistic or Biblical to believe that only God can make all of the changes in us. It's true that we become a new creation but the changes made in us can be made by us as we learn how to make those changes and come to understand what it means to grow spiritually. Your friend's thinking seems rather linear or two dimensional. What about a persons spiritual growth and ever expanding experience? Is only god responsible for that too? Isn't that the reason we pray and meditate? If god is doing all the work and all we are doing is giving Him permission how is that working together with Him. The Bible says that WITH GOD all things are possible. If we are not with God, working with Him and doing our part then how can all things be possible? How can we be sanctified if God does all the work and we just "allow" it? "

My response to this man was as follows:
"ur righteousness is as filthy rags is it not?"
No God imputed us the righteousness of His Son to live a GODLY/HOLY life.

This is Christianity.

Our Churches do not teach it.

But that is the main topic of the NT and Jesus in His teaching: the HOLY and GODLY life of Christians.

If we do NOT live a godly life then we live in sexual immorality and other sins.

Is it ok to be a son of God and commit such sins?

If it is ok for you then you should know what our God Jesus said:

SEXUAL immoral people do NOT inherit the Kingdom of God!

For I tell you that unless your righteousness SURPASSES that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly NOT enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:20

I mean it is our responsibility to live in sins or with God.

If we will live in sins then God does not live with us.
He abandons sinners (sexual immoral people..)

If we live in sins, we will die in sins and after death God will judge us for our sins.

That is CLEAR.

What is the result of such sins/life style? Sexual immoral people do NOT inherit the Kingdom of God, unbelievers/in-the name-only believers too.

That is why it is OUR responsibility to COOPERATE with God and ABANDON our sins in repentance to live with God...

Or we have the second option: ungodly life, leading us to the Lake of Fire.

More Bible references to ponder:

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his OLD sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1

Let's analyze what we all have to possess?

God's divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness!!!

HOW? Through the knowledge of God in the Bible.

God called us by glory and virtue!

God gave us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be PARTAKERS of the DIVINE nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

What we all have to do?

Giving all diligence,
add to your faith
(1) virtue-behavior showing high moral standards of God

(2) knowledge of God

(3) self-control

(4) perseverance

(5) godliness

(6) brotherly kindness

(7) love.

For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

He who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to BLINDNESS, and has forgotten that he was CLEANSED from his OLD sins.

If you do these things you will never stumble!

And your entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting Kingdom of our God/ Savior Jesus Christ.

The poison fang of sin!

"From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrefying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither soothed with ointment." Isaiah 1:6

We must go down into the depths of the fall to know what our

hearts are, and what they are capable of—we must have the keen knife of God to cut deep gashes in our conscience and lay bare the evil that lies so deeply imbedded in our carnal mind, before we can enter into and experience the beauty and blessedness of salvation by grace. When the Church of God fell in Adam, she fell with a crash which broke every bone and bruised her flesh with wounds which are ulcerated from head to toe. Her understanding, her conscience, and her affections were all fearfully maimed—her understanding was blinded, her conscience stupefied, her affections alienated. Every mental faculty thus became perverted and distorted. When Adam fell into sin and temptation, sin rushed into every faculty of body and soul and penetrated into the inmost recesses of his being. As when a man is bitten by a poisonous serpent, the venom courses through every artery and vein, and he dies a corrupted mass from head to foot—so did the poison fang of sin penetrate into Adam's inmost soul and body, and infect him with its venom from the sole to the crown. But it is only as sin's desperate and malignant character is opened up by the Holy Spirit that it is really seen, felt, grieved under, and mourned over as indeed a most dreadful and fearful reality. The whole head is sick—and the whole heart faint! Every thought, word, and action is polluted by sin. Every mental faculty is depraved. The will chooses evil—the affections cleave to earthly things—the memory, like a broken sieve, retains the bad and lets fall the good—the judgment, like a bribed or drunken judge, pronounces heedless or wrong decisions—the conscience, like an
opium eater, lies asleep and drugged in stupefied silence."
By J. C. PHILPOT

God speaks:

Why should you be stricken again?

You will revolt more and more.

The whole head is sick,

And the whole heart faints.

From the sole of the foot even to the head,

There is no soundness in it,

But wounds and bruises and putrefying sores;

They have not been closed or bound up,

Or soothed with ointment.

“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;

Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes.

Cease to do evil,

Learn to do good;

Seek justice,

Rebuke the oppressor;

Defend the fatherless,

Plead for the widow.

“Come now, and let us reason together,”

Says the Lord,

“Though your sins are like scarlet,

They shall be as white as snow;

Though they are red like crimson,

They shall be as wool.

If you are willing and obedient,

You shall eat the good of the land;

But if you refuse and rebel,

You shall be devoured by the sword”;

For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
Isaiah 1

35 The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. 36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
John 3

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
upload_2016-11-11_20-22-58.png

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
*Note:
Ibn Allah is the Son of God in Arabic.

Brothers,

Let’s continue to discuss what God said in the Holy Scripture about the origin of the Arabs and Palestinians. In the beginning let’s listen to my Christian sister Ella:

Thank you Bahira...so if all of this information (on the origin of the Arabs) you have posted comes from the word of God, and can be found in the Old Testament of the Holy Bible, as well as how God divided the land... what's the problem?...why is it that no one is reading with understanding and following God's directives regarding the land?

Why is there a fight over land that first of which all belongs to God and He appointed it to the people He had chosen, and secondly He has already determined Christ's landing site and no man or group of people can change it.

Does anyone believe or think that God is going to allow anyone to take hold of Jesus's landing place for when He returns?...I mean, does anyone really think that God is going to allow the enemy of the Lord to occupy Christ's landing strip for the new kingdom to come? If so, it will only be for a moment, God already knew these things would be.. Ishmael and Isaac have fought all their lives, Ishmael out of jealousy of Isaac because Isaac was of the promise child, and God has already said they will not have peace between the two until Jesus returns...the only peace the two brothers had was when they came together for Abraham's burial...

So to hate over the land and out of jealousy in the name of God, what is Christ going to do, place one foot in Jerusalem on the Jews side of the borders, and the other foot in Palestine on the Palestinians side? I don't think so..

Thank you, and all who don't know the truth about the land or the people of the land, should pick up the word of God and read...

Brothers, Arabs and Jews are brothers from the one father. Let me remind you:

The Jews are descendants of Abraham’s son Isaac. The Arabs are descendants of Abraham’s son Ishmael. With Ishmael being the son of a slave woman (Genesis 16:1-16) and Isaac being the promised son who should be inheritance of Abraham and though his descendants- Jews- all nation should be blessed. Let’s read about it. But do you remember what I said before that when Ibrahim came to the Canaan he settled between Kadesh and Shur in the land of the Philistines (this nation called the Philistines already lived in the land Canaan and they were not Arabs!):

There was a famine in the land, besides the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went to Abimelech king of the Philistines, in Gerar.
Then the LORD appeared to him and said:

“Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land of which I shall tell you. Dwell in this land, and I will be with you and bless you; for to you and your descendants I give all these lands, and I will perform the oath which I swore to Abraham your father. And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed;

because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.” Genesis 26:1-5

But brothers, God told us what will be the future of Arabs when Ishmael was a child. Let’s consider it today. Not only jealousy of Sarah was the reason why two brothers Ishmael and Isaac could not live together. It was also a character of Ishmael. May be because his mother was Egyptian. As we know people can influence people. Our parents can influence us in not a good way as well. We all come from problem families. There is none of us who is good. But we can be good people and our God the Father could be worshipped because of our lives.

Let’s consider today how should one handle conflicts.

Here what the Scripture says about their conflicts:

And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, whom she had borne to Abraham, scoffing. Therefore she said to Abraham,

“Cast out this bondwoman and her son;

for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, namely with Isaac.”

And the matter was very displeasing in Abraham’s sight because of his son.

So what was the reason why Ishmael and Isaac were different even having at the same blood of their father Ibrahim in their vanes? So, I suppose that may be the influence of Egyptian wife of Abraham/Ibrahim (Egyptian culture) had a negative impact onto her son Ishmael that’s why he was fighting with his brother Isaac. But usually children have tendency to do what is wrong. And parents should correct them in the Truth.

Sometimes if you cannt correct any bad situation, you should quite. If you cannt win in temptation you should run away from it.

So, Sarah talked Abraham into sending Hagar and Ishmael away and God said:

But God said to Abraham, “Do not let it be displeasing in your sight because of the lad or because of your bondwoman. Whatever Sarah has said to you, listen to her voice; for in Isaac your seed shall be called. Yet I will also make a nation of the son of the bondwoman, because he is your seed.”
So Abraham rose early in the morning, and took bread and a skin of water; and putting it on her shoulder, he gave it and the boy to Hagar, and sent her away. Then she departed and wandered in the Wilderness of Beersheba. And the water in the skin was used up, and she placed the boy under one of the shrubs. Then she went and sat down across from him at a distance of about a bowshot; for she said to herself, “Let me not see the death of the boy.” So she sat opposite him, and lifted her voice and wept.
And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the lad where he is. Arise, lift up the lad and hold him with your hand, for I will make him a great nation.”
Then God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water. And she went and filled the skin with water, and gave the lad a drink. So God was with the lad; and he grew and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. He dwelt in the Wilderness of Paran; and his mother took a wife for him from the land of Egypt. Genesis 21: 12-21

Brothers, what do we see here? We see that Ibrahim was teaching his son Ishmael to call out to God. Ishmael prayed God and God herd him! God sent an angel to his mother and gave them water.

God predicted future of Ishmael and his descendants (by saying these words of blessings God of course knew the future of Arabs under Islam and bloodshed which they performed. He knew it because God is Omniscient). But however God also knew that Arabs are those who will be saved and will called HIS INHERITANCE through their FAITH in Ibn Allah too.

An angel prophesied to Hagar that Ishmael would “live in hostility toward all his brothers” (Genesis 16:11-12). Let’s listen to what God said through an angel:

Genesis 16: 12

He (Ishmael) shall be a wild man;

His hand shall be against every man,

And every man’s hand against him.

And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.”

Genesis 17:20

God said:
And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers,

and I will make him into a great nation.

From Ishmael proceeded the12 tribes of the Arabs. But his hand was always against every man, and every man's hand against him. All Arabs have quarrelsome temper and warlike disposition. They are continually engaged in fighting with their neighbors, and they are with them in their own defense (look at Palestine). Such the Arabs always have been, and still are.

Those that have turbulent spirits have commonly troublesome lives: they that are provoking, and injurious to others, must expect to be repaid in their own coin.

But God said that Ishmael shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren (Jews). He shall keep his ground and he is able to make his part good with them.

Thus, Arabs, God LOVES you. You are His GREAT NATION! Praise the Lord for His LOVE toward you. But what we all consider as bad character features – hatred and antagonism- should be REMOVED from you by the Holy POWER of God. Because He is going to REFINE you like GOLD to give you His HOLY LAND- the Kingdom of Heaven through your FAITH in Ibn Allah.

Israel has a right to exist as a nation in its own land that God gave to the descendants of Ibrahim and Isaac. At the same time, we should remember that Arabs are Israel because the name is NOTHING. But the origin is EVERYTHING. Arabs have the same blood in their vanes as Jews. This is the blood of their father Ibrahim.

God commands us to PURSUE peace!

But you also should remember that God said:

"Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac.

I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. Genesis 17:19

What does it mean?

It means that God is with Isaac and his descendants. It is a confirmation made by God that He is with Israel. And that there is no other god in Islam. Everlasting Covenant with God should be made though Israelites and NOT Arabs in Islam (which is one of the millions of the false religions in this world. Islam not only deceives and kills millions of our Arab brothers but it is pulling them down to hell like oil to the fire).

God said about His WAY before the existence of Islam. His Way is SALVATION for every Arab and Muslim through their FAITH in God Jesus/Ibn Allah, REPENTANCE of their sins and ABANDONING of their sins. You should TURN from your sins to God of Israel.

Now it is the choice of Arabs and Muslims to reconsider your scripture and God's words to choose your future and destiny.

God Jesus said who is NOT with Me is AGAINST Me.

“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:

May those who love you be secure.”

Psalm 122:6

Because of the fallen nature of man/ sins, conflicts in relationships with God and people are a fact of life, even for believers in Christ.

Loving communication doesn’t come naturally or easily to anyone.

But we have ONE TEACHER and ONE FATHER who is teaching us the His Way of life through His holy words in the Bible. That’s why we need to study God’s instructions in relationships. Applying God’s principles to relationships will enable us to handle conflict most effectively.

What are God’s instructions?

LOVE people and LOVE God.

We are taught by God not insult people if people insult us. But bless them!

Because if they do it because of the Lord’s name then GREAT will be our reward in Heaven!

We are taught to be like lambs among wolfs but at the same time we should use our sword the WORDS of God. God is teaching us to turn other cheek and do not RESIST those who insult us.

Jesus Himself says to you:

You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

But I tell you not to resist an evil person.

But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.

And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.

Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.

How should we live? Let’s look at some of examples. My christian sister Ella said:

WOW! Bahira, they really come after you don't they. But Jesus warned us of all this because darkness doesn't love the light, and whenever light shines into darkness there is conflict.
Yes, you're right we must always forgive, and I have always been a person who forgives easily, and I think this is why God called me into the mission street ministry with homeless street people. Can't work in this type of ministry if you don't forgive, too much is at stake...

This is where I work with the homeless people on the streets for over 27 years... and, what the Arabs say to you is not too bad, you should hear what some homeless people have said, and the words they use just because we were trying to help them off the streets.

But I got my training working in night clubs as a singer before I became born again, and there is nothing worse than dealing with drunks who think they are in love with you, and refuse to take no for an answer.

Of course, forgiveness this is the only response, because as Paul says we are not fighting with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities in high place, and we must pull down these strongholds through prayer and with the word of God, as satan is using people as he pleases to do his work.
Many people can't handle witnessing and I think that's why people don't do as Jesus has commanded us to do, be His witnesses.

Summary: To solve our conflicts we need to BELIEVE in God. To be at peace with one another. To love one another. To build up one another. To esteem others as better than yourself. To accept one another. To be devoted to one another…..Why? Because God loves us so and God loves our enemies the same way. God LOVES all of us and, being our Father, He is calling us to do what He is doing. By doing it we are NOT of this world! Because we do NOT do what the world does, but what our Father does!

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The HOLY Laws of God

Brothers,

Today I had a very interesting conversation with my friend and brother Eddy Nirwanna,

Eddy said:

“I'd like to respond to your file one point at a time, in order we can catch the essence. Bible teaches : "....But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. ..."

Hopefully this simple discussion can open your mind, that the above teaching explained BY CHURCH is NOT REALISTIC, NOT APPLICABLE, NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH COMMON SENSE. Churches have MISUNDERSTOOD the word of Jesus! Do you think God, the creator earth & sky, will burden you or any people with the order which you cannot carry? God is oft-knowing and oft-wise, He will never....never fall to any slightest mistake at all (that is the very firm belief in Islam!).”

Eddy, do not forget that the God of Israel is not a man and His laws are SUPREME!!!!! These laws institute the will of God on earth. Moreover they describe the nature of God. That’s why knowing what God says in His laws we are able to know Him and make Him known by living as God says. God commands us not to kill and you say that this law of God is not realistic! Is this law not applicable? This law is applicable in the Kingdom of God on earth- i.e. in the lives of Christians! That’s why we forget sins/crimes to other people even if they rape and kill our sisters. We do it “bismi Ibn Allah”, “bismi Yassua”….in the name of our Creator Jesus! These laws of God are HOLY! That’s why God wrote them by His finger on the tablets of stone and gave them to the prophet Moses. Why? To keep them in the Holy Ark of the Covenant? Do you know that there were the Ark of the Covenant and the place called the Holy of Holiest in the Jewish Temple? Do you remember that Muslims constructed the mosque Al Aqsa on the territory of the Holy Jewish Temple? So, the God’s presence was in the Ark of the Covenant (there were placed tablets of stone with 10 holy Commandments given to Moses and written by God…) and God was said to have communicated with Moses "from between the two cherubim" on the Ark's cover.

Such ancient communication line with God.

Jewish priests died when they approached the Holy of Holies (the Ark was inside of this place in the Jewish Temple)? Because they went into the presence of God by being not repented of their sins. No sinner can stand in the presence of God!

Do you know that in the beginning Arabs prayed as Jews in the direction of Israel. But Muhammad changed the direction of prayers and even physically Muslims TURNED from God of their fathers, from God of ISRAEL! Thus, Islamic counterfeit created by demons/jinns deceived Arabs and Muslims! And Muslims literally TURNED from God of Israel and started worshiping of the false god created by demons/jinns in Islam. But now at least you know the background and reasons of direction toward God for first prayers of Arabs.

So, the God decided to be the God of one group of people called as Jews and to spread His laws to other nations through Jews. How did that happen? Let me remind you about that too.

God commanded Moses to go to Egypt and deliver his fellow Hebrews from bondage. Why? Where they all believers in the God of Israel/God of their forefather Abraham? Of course not all of them worshipped and prayed to the God of Israel. They were what we call today “nominal” believers or “fake” believers who just prefer not to obey God. So, the God of forefather Ibrahim/Abraham commanded Moses deliver his fellow Hebrews/descendants of Abraham from their bondage in Egypt. Moses did it accompanied by many miracles of God and God’s presence during Judgment of Egypt. When God lived among Israelis in the wilderness after their exodus from Egypt, Moses should get from God the HOLY Laws. Moses stayed on the mountain Sinai for 40 days and nights, a period in which he received the Ten Commandments directly from God. One of these HOLY laws reads: “You shall not kill”. But when Moses descended from the mountain with intent to deliver the commandments to the people, but upon his arrival he saw that the people were involved in the sin of idol worship of the Golden Calf. In terrible anger, Moses broke the commandment tablets and ordered his own tribe/the Levites to go through the camp and kill everyone, including family and friends, upon which the Levites killed about 3,000 people. So, in fact Moses was a killer! But he was a killer before God gave His HOLY laws to people! And this murder of Jews was a symbol that all people will die who desire to RETURN to the place of their bondage/slavery “Egypt”. If people will not follow the God of Israel they will finally perish. Because another law of God reads: “The punishment for sin is DEATH.” What is that? This law is also as you said: “NOT REALISTIC, NOT APPLICABLE, NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH COMMON SENSE.” This law describes the nature of God- He is LOVE but at the same time He is Justice. How to reconcile these features of the nature of God? God should punish us for our sins by death. But at the same time He LOVES us infinitely. How to be MERCIFUL? Ar- Rahman wa ar-Rahim? It is another feature of His essence/nature. Our brother Sazie Johnson describes it in the wonderful way. Let’s listen to him:

On the cross- righteousness and peace have kissed each other:

“This much we know about “Justice” and “Mercy”: They oppose each other. I think it can be properly said, “When Justice walks in by way of the front door, Mercy flies out the window; and when Mercy walks in by way of the front door Justice flies out the window.” The two cannot meet; and the two cannot co-exist. Like two opposing enemies “Mercy” and “Justice” will continue to avoid each other, or push against each other. It is the natural order (flow) of things — where Justice is displayed, Mercy fades away; and where Mercy is displayed, Justice fades away. But then there is God who lives outside the “natural order of things”. He not only governs the “Law of Nature”, but it is His Laws which nature must obey.

There is only one time in all the ages when “Mercy” and “Justice” met at a single point, and neither one faded away. It was a remarkable display of Wisdom on the part of God when His Justice and His Mercy rushed at a single point and kissed each other. Such a thing has never been done before, nor will it ever happen again.

God says this about Himself in the ancient Book of Malachi 3:6: “For I am the Lord, I change not…” This means since God is a “God of Love”, He cannot change in any way, shape, or form in His love. It also means God is fixed (un-changeable) in His love — He cannot increase in His love; and He cannot decrease in His love. To either increase or to decrease in His love is to change the condition of God. (“For I am the Lord, I change not…”)

God is also a “God of Compassion”. Again God cannot change in His compassion. The level of compassion which God had from the beginning of the ages cannot increase or decrease with time. In fact God has a “Nature” within Himself that compares (forces) Him to remain unchanged and consistent in all His Attributes. God is a “God of Mercy”. His “Un-changeable Nature” cannot allow Him to increase in His Mercy or to decrease in His Mercy. The “Mercy of God” is just what it is for all times — the “Mercy of God”. To increase or to decrease in “His Mercy” is to create a change in God which goes against the “Very Nature of God”: “For I am the Lord, I change not…”

God is, and has always been exactly who He is. God cannot change. The God of the ages past is exactly the same as He is today and He will be in the ages to come. Any change in God’s Attributes is to denote a different god who was not like the God of the ages past.

Malachi 3:6 perhaps describes God better than any other verse in Holy Scriptures: “For I am the Lord, I change not…” There is no other god known to man who has consistently spoken about his “un-changeability” as the Biblical God. The reason is because there is no other god like the Biblical God who is fixed (permanent) within His Nature (condition). He cannot change for the better, or for the worst. Whatever He was, He is today, and will always be.

Now that raises a problem: “Since Justice and Mercy cannot meet and co-exist, how does God deal with the sins of man in His Mercy and still remains un-changed in His Justice?”

Friends, I can tell you that this is not an easy task. It is a God-size task. If God forgives man of his sins simply because God wants to display His Mercy, it means God must first lower His Standard of Justice at the expense of His Mercy. This will bring about a change in God, because He now regards His Mercy far more important than He regards His Justice. This cannot happen because in order for God to remain “un-changed”, He must uphold His Mercy as equally as He upholds His Justice. Neither one (His Mercy or His Justice) must suffer at the expense of the other.

This brings us to a God-size question: Since Justice and Mercy oppose each other, and cannot meet at a single point, how then does God display His Mercy toward man while simultaneously (at the same time) equally upholding His Justice against man for his sins?

2000 years ago this question was answered at “The Cross” — the gruesome (bloody) Cross of Calvary. It is there upon which God displayed His Justice (rage, anger, fury) against the sins of man while at the very same time demonstrating His Mercy toward mankind. It is at the Cross where both Justice and Mercy met for the first and only time, and neither one opposed the other. This is remarkable — this has never happened before, and it will never happen again.

At “The Cross” while upholding His Very Own Characters: “For I am the Lord, I change not…”God bend the “Arch of Mercy” and the “Arch of Justice” made them to meet at a single point in order to save mankind. No human being can accomplish such a monumental feet; and certainly no other god known to man has the Wisdom and the Power to display his mercy as equally as while expounding his justice. All other gods will have to switch between roles by displaying mercy and justice at different time period, but never displaying both simultaneously. Only the Biblical God can make such a God-size task possible. We can therefore say, “There is no god, but God.”

This is not something new to God. He spoke about it 12 centuries before it happened. Psalm 85:10 reads, “Mercy and truth (Justice) are met; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.” At “The Cross”, and for this one purpose, God changed the natural order of things so that Mercy and Justice not only met without conflict, but righteousness and peace also kissed each other. And in all this God remains true to His word: “For I am the Lord, I change not…”

For those of you who are looking forward for God to change in His Justice or to lower His Justice at the expense of His Mercy in order to save you, I give you Malachi 3:6: “For I am the Lord, I change not…” I also give you John 1:12: “For as many as received Him (Christ Jesus) to them He gives the power to become sons of God, even to them that believe in His name.”” By Sazie Johnson.

So, God later commanded Moses to inscribe two other tablets, to replace the ones Moses smashed, so Moses went to the mountain again, for another period of 40 days and nights, and when he returned, the commandments were finally given. From that time the HOLY laws of God should be implemented by Jews and God held people accountable for their violation. And God is judging people today by the same laws. These laws are the HOLY Shariah laws for Jews and Christians. But why Muslims and Muhammad in his created false religion Islam so BOLDLY violated these laws? Let’s consider that too:

So, as we know now the God of Israel forbids any violence! In Jewish tradition, Moses is referred to as "The Lawgiver" for this singular achievement of delivering the Ten Commandments.

Let me remind you that the HOLY God of Israel cannot dwell in the presence of murderers, sinners, criminals. That’s why He commands us to be HOLY as He is HOLY! Why? He cannot tolerate our sins. Tolerance of our sins is crime too and it is unacceptable to God! It is impossible for Him to commit any sin!!! His name and nature is JUSICE and LOVE and HOLINESS. That’s why according to the ancient Scripture, God sent people out of paradise. A sinner Adam abandoned the Holy God of Israel because sins of Adam separated Him from the Holiness of God! God is not a killer or criminal to tolerate our sins and dwell with killers and criminals/sinners of any kind in His Dwelling Place called as the Kingdom of God!

Will you be among the HOLY sons of God in the Kingdom of God or among the terrorists, killers and murderers, rapists outside of the HOLY dwelling place of God?

It is your choice which determines your destination.

Enter through the Door!

Welcome!

Jesus speaks, “I am the door.

If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10: 9-10

Let’s continue today our consideration of the issue:

Can we kill other people or we are prohibited by God to kill anyone.

Let’s consider an issue of the rape of a sister? What could be our actions in such case and what should be our actions according to the God’s will?

The God of Israel commanded Moses and Israelites to avoid any killing.

God said: “You shall not kill.”

Muslims should kill raped sisters according to Islam.

And in this case a brother or father of this girl become killers too.

But God said that murderers will NEVER inherit the Kingdom of God.

Just imagine: a rapist insulted this girl. He did not kill her. The father/brother killed her. Thus, they both have committed a terrible sin: they destroyed her life and body. That’s why father and brother will NEVER inherit the Kingdom of God.

In fact Islam ordered these both men to kill this girl and Islam is the source of death in this case.

In Palestinian society honor killings of women have not been eliminated. According to Lamiya Shalalda, representative of the Forum of Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations, 11 women died in 2009 in honor killings in the West Bank and Gaza. However, according to the Independent Authority for Human Rights, that number was 13.

Let’s read the following excerpts from press reports on honor killings in the West Bank and Gaza, published in the Palestinian press:

"Najla A., a 24-year-old divorcee, was strangled by her brother, who was known for his religious fanaticism, when she was staying at his home... Najla worked as a clerk at a Gaza business, and [due to her work] was absent from the home for many hours; this gave rise to many stories about her. Her brother, whose nickname was 'The Sheikh,' could not bear it. Once the murder was discovered, the police arrested him for questioning. Family talks were then held, during which it was whispered in the ear of a senior police official that the matter concerned the family only, and that the woman had needed to be taught a lesson. Later, that police official received a gift – one of [Najla's] brothers, a construction worker, laid 13 meters of flooring for him. The result was that [the killer] was released from prison without anyone batting an eyelid, and without any reaction from those who knew how badly Najla needed the work so that she could buy medicines for her sick mother."

In another incident, a father murdered his daughter Ahlam because she allegedly slept over at the houses of boys. "The social worker who was monitoring Ahlam's situation, who asked to remain anonymous, said that Ahlam had complained to her about her family's strictness and about her fear of her father, because he sexually abused her." After the murder, the father said: "I told her that we were going out for shawarma. I drove her in the car, we had shawarma, and I played for her songs that she loved. She didn't suspect me [of anything]. After we drove a while, I asked her to get out, and she hesitated. When she saw the knife in my hand, she asked, 'Papa, why do you want to murder me?'... The father took advantage of the law that mitigates punishment in such a case, and was released from prison so he could enjoy the pleasures of life and forget the question asked by his daughter: 'Why do you want to murder me?'"

In another case, a mother strangled her teenage daughter, who she discovered had been raped by her uncle when she was little, in order to purge the shame. The uncle remained at liberty. Also, a young man murdered his unmarried sister when he observed that her abdomen had swelled and suspected that she was having sexual relations. Afterwards it turned out that she was a virgin and that her abdomen was swollen due to illness.

Hamada, who is serving a prison sentence for murdering his sister, expressed no regret over his deed, and wasn't interested in the pathologist's report, which determined that his sister had been a virgin. He said: "I turned myself in to the police and I don't care if I'm sentenced even to life in prison, because I believe in what I did." Hamada's brother backed him up: "I didn't know he would murder her, but after he did I wasn't angry at him. None of us were. This is the natural outcome of her actions, which were known to everyone in the neighborhood."

Muslims, Islam kills our Palestinian brothers. Islam kills their Palestinians sisters. Islam is a religion of violence and all who follow Islam will be found guilty during their Judgment Day for their idol worship of the Islamic idol/false god and the violence they have ever committed. Do you remember what I told you yesterday? We, Christians, are prohibited by God not only to harm people but to HATE them!!! Even if we hate people, we are considered by God in this case as murderers!!!! And we NEVER inherit the Kingdom of God in such spiritual state! We need to be changed. We need to be holy to enter the Kingdom of God! We need to get cleansed of all our sins. We need to get a cleansed conscience to be able to exist with the HOLY God in His HOLY place of dwelling. His HOLY place of dwelling is not for sexual orgies in Islamic pavilions of sex as Islam teaches you and not for sexual lust with voluptuous hurries and their pleasant vaginas as Islam teaches you. You even will NEVER dwell there with your ever-erected penises to make constant sex with your three-meter tall lovers. You will NEVER make any sex in the Kingdom of God. Because this is the HOLY DWELLING place of God. Our God is not sexually possessed as your Islam teaches you. Our God is HOLY. That’s why He is going to judge you not only for your sexual crimes but for your lustful thoughts in your head. Yes, the God of Israel is judging our motives and thoughts too. That’s why He is going to judge every one of us and even our children for their crimes. Let me remind you what I said before:

Surely God could have spared the children when Jews attacked all pagan nations in the Promissed Land/Canaan! People tend to assume that children are innocent, even if their parents are doing bad things. The assumption is unfounded. For example, Palestinian Muslim children are officially taught in grammar school to hate their Jewish neighbors. But the God of Israel said that if you hate you are a murderer!!! Such murderers will NEVER inherit the Kingdom of God. The Muslim children are so well indoctrinated that some of them give up their lives in suicide bombings as children and they are perfect snipers trained in the Hamas military camps to kill Jews. They are not only small children but professional killers. Corruption literally does breed corruption, that’s why God did not want the Israelites tainted by the other corrupt cultures of the Middle East. The God of Israel was preparing the HOLY nation Israel separated from pagan nations, hatred and murders. He was doing that in the Promised Land and He is doing it today on the same HOLY LAND. That’s why He shared with us His decision in the Scripture written 2,000 years before the existence of Islam that Palestine and Gaza will be completely destroyed by God during the Third World War of the Muslim states against Israel.

Do you remember who is the God of Israel? His nature is LOVE and justice, holiness. Have you a difficult time reconciling God's love versus God's righteousness? God's love requires God's justice. God would have been completely just and loving in destroying all of us for our disobedience/crimes/ to Him. He judges rapists and this is His love toward the raped children. It is only through His extraordinary love and grace that we are allowed into His presence. Because we all are criminals. God imputed us the righteousness of His divine and holy Son Jesus who died on the cross and took the sin of the world. He took millions of our sins!!!! That’s why we are holy and able to approach God in our prayer and in afterlife.

So we see that these people, who lived in the Canaan/Promissed Land before the conquest of Jews, are not quite as innocent as you would like you to believe. For these reasons, God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed. For the same reasons, God is going to destroy Egypt, Syria, Palestine, Gaza and Jordan and Lebanon. Today you know the answer to your question. God’s judgment will judge these Muslim states. That’s why again the Promised Land/the Holy Land, given by God to Israel, will be taken from Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine and given to Jews again for their possession during the millennium reign of Jesus on our planet earth.

We all know that the Iranian radicals are building nuclear weapons and preparing to launch them. The Islamic Republic of Iran declared war on the United States and Israel in 1979. They have since taken Americans hostages. They have murdered Americans in Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Afghanistan. They have funded Hezbollah, Hamas, the PLO and other terrorist organizations in Palestine that have murdered Israelis. They are developing nuclear weapons and deliver the missiles to Palestine and Lebanon. Yet Iran has never paid a real price for any of these acts of war....Iran declared its intentions, God the God of Israel declared His intentions regarding to the Iran too. God will kill all Iranian troops which will come to attack Israel during the Third World War.

Let’s consider the following statements made by Iranian Leaders, who are in fact Iranian Radicals, over the years. Note carefully the language of the leading Iranian Radicals. The jihadists do not simply seek to frighten or terrorize the Jewish and American people, they seek to utterly destroy them. They do not simply seek to repudiate or humiliate, they seek to annihilate. They do not know that God’s law which reads: “You shall NOT kill”. Thus, do they follow the TRUE God in Islam? Of course not. Their religion is a false and violent cult aimed at destruction of people and their own lives in the War against the God of Israel. Does Israel and President Obama have a clear and compelling plan to neutralize the Iranian threat? Do any of the GOP presidential candidates? It is time for real leaders to step up and chart an effective way forward, before it is too late. Restoring the Islamic caliphate and building an Islamic empire that literally encompasses the entire globe is the expressed goal of the Radicals, be they Shia Muslims or Sunnis. All Muslims dream about that. But such Empire/ caliphate will be founded only by the God Jesus upon His return to our planet earth. Jesus will reign on our planet for 1,000 years. Then we, Christians, will literately reign with Jesus and we will be prepared to rule the world. Muslims are dreaming about that too. But do they know that God proclaimed 2,000 years before the existence of Islam that Jesus and believers in Him will establish Jesus’ reign? Why Islamic dreams do not coincide with God’s predictions?! Why Islamic behavior does not comply with God’s commands given to Israel and a Jew called Moses? Why do Muslims so boldly violate the laws of the God of Israel and Moses? Why do Muslims do not respect and do not obey the 10 HOLY commandments? God said: “You shall NOT kill.” The Islamic god suddenly said: kill, cut fingers and hands, lie, steal, crucify and behead. That’s why reading 60% of such violent Qur’anic Suras, Muslims go and so BOLDLY disobey and violate the God’s HOLY laws given to Moses and Jews. That’s why all Muslims live abandoned by the God of Israel. They are sinners, killers and no one of Muslims will ever inherit the Kingdom of God. God said that in His law. Jihad/murder has been a goal of every Muslim since the seventh century, when Muhammad, whom Muslims revere as a prophet, walked the earth. But many Radicals today believe it is actually achievable goal for all of them to kill and destroy. Knowing that the end of the world approaches, they hope for the coming of their violent so-called messiah -the Twelfth Imam and that’s why they pursue not peace as God commands us but to cut our heads and explode us. This is the true face of Islam. And every Muslim knows that no matter if he is a secular Muslim or one of the radicals. That’s why God established His HOLY law. NOTE: such simple law: “YOU SHALL NOT KILL.” God established this law to judge radicals, Muslims, Arabs and any one of us who will violate this law. God said: the punishment for violation of His laws is DEATH.

“The governments of the world should know that . . . Islam will be victorious in all the countries of the world, and Islam and the teachings of the Qur’an will prevail all over the world.” —Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in January 1979

“We must strive to export our Revolution throughout the world.” —Ayatollah Khomeini on March 21, 1980

“We don’t shy away from declaring that Islam is ready to rule the world. . . . We must believe in the fact that Islam is not confined to geographical borders, ethnic groups, and nations. It’s a universal ideology that leads the world to justice. . . . We must prepare ourselves to rule the world.” —Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on January 5, 2006

“It is the mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran to erase Israel from the map of the region.” —Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in January 2001

One bomb is enough to destroy Israel. . . . In due time the Islamic world will have a military nuclear device.” —Iranian president Rafsanjani in December 2001

“Rafsanjani Says Muslims Should Use Nuclear Weapon against Israel.” —Headline from the Iran Press Service, December 14, 2001

“Israel must be wiped off the map.” —Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on October 26, 2005

“God willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism.” —Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on October 26, 2005

“Today, the time for the fall of the satanic power of the United States has come, and the countdown to the annihilation of the emperor of power and wealth has started.” —Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on June 2, 2008, marking the 19th anniversary of the death of Ayatollah Khomeini

“Get ready for a world minus the U.S.” —Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on June 4, 2008

Does Israel and President Obama have a clear and compelling plan to neutralize the Iranian threat? They should do that.

Let's consider such cases:

Iran attacks Israel: Should I protect Israel? Yes. I should fight in the Israeli Army against Iran.

Russia attacks the USA: Should I protect Russia? No. If the Anti-Christ (We suppose that he would be the president Putin) will attack the USA, I reject to fight in the Russian Army.

Palestine: I am a Palestinian man (a christian). Israeli Army will come to my house. Should I kill Jewish soldiers who will touch my Arab son at the hand, asking him to go with them? No. I am prohibited to kill and damage people. I can only pray to God. Can Palestinians kill Jews? No. they are prohibited by God. The Israeli Army acts according the laws of the state and the main God's laws coincide with Jewish laws. The Palestinian state acts according to the laws Shariah which were based on the words of the false Islamic god. That's why any obedience to the military laws of Palestine (Jihad) is a violation of God's law which reads, "You shall not kill".

All other laws of Palestine, which comply with God's laws and our conscience, we, Christians, can implement in Palestine.

So, we should follow God's laws and not kill people. But we should protect people. Protection is not violence.

We, Jews, can serve in the official Army and then our actions will be measured by God according to His laws. Christian Arabs cannot serve in the Palestinian Army because their laws act against the laws of the God of Israel. The Islamic laws call Muslims to violence and murder of Jews. It is against the laws of God. The God of Israel commanded Jews and any believers in the God to LOVE people and enemies. He gave this law 2,000 years before the existence of Islam. Any rocket sent from Palestine and Gaza to Israel is a crime against people and God.

Look how Israel and Israeli soldiers will fight to protect her people during the Third World War of the Muslim states against Israel:

And the governors of Judah (the modern day Israel) shall say in their heart,

‘The inhabitants of Jerusalem are my strength in the LORD of hosts, their God.’

In that day I will make the governors of Judah like a firepan in the woodpile, and like a fiery torch in the sheaves; they shall devour all the surrounding peoples on the right hand and on the left, but Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place—Jerusalem.
“The LORD will save the tents of Judah first,

so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah.

In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem;

the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them.

It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. Zechariah 12: 5-7

Amazing. God said this prophecy 2,000 years before the existence of Islam about the defeat and complete destruction of the Muslim armies. God said here that people will fight to protect Israel. They will devour the surrounding Armies like a firepan in the woodpile, like the fiery torch in the sheaves. The Jewish people will fight like God and like the Angel of God/the Son of God Jesus. God said: “I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.” During this war they will see the One who was pierced on the cross. Who is He? He is the Son of God Jesus. Jesus will descend with His Army of angels and saints.

Zechariah 12

The Coming Deliverance of Judah

1 The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: 2 “Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. 3 And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. 4 In that day,” says the LORD, “I will strike every horse with confusion, and its rider with madness; I will open My eyes on the house of Judah, and will strike every horse of the peoples with blindness. 5 And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, ‘The inhabitants of Jerusalem are my strength in the LORD of hosts, their God.’ 6 In that day I will make the governors of Judah like a firepan in the woodpile, and like a fiery torch in the sheaves; they shall devour all the surrounding peoples on the right hand and on the left, but Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place—Jerusalem.
7 “The LORD will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah. 8 In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them. 9 It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Mourning for the Pierced One

10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. 11 In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning at Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo.12 And the land shall mourn, every family by itself: the family of the house of David by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their wives by themselves; 13 the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of Shimei by itself, and their wives by themselves; 14 all the families that remain, every family by itself, and their wives by themselves.

Do you remember that we have considered a prophecy saying that according to the God’s ancient prophecies Jesus should be numbered with the transgressors after His arrest and before His death on the cross. Let’s consider that too:

Jesus said to His disciples that it is enough to have two swords. But why did He say that? He should be arrested and numbered with the transgressors but right before His arrest He was going to teach all of us that we should NOT kill that’s why He healed a man’s ear to show us His last miracle to prove us one more time that He is God. The ancient prophecy, said by God 2,000 years before the birth of Jesus on earth, should be fulfilled in the life of Jesus. This prophecy said that the Messiah should be numbered with the transgressors: “And He was numbered with the transgressors.”

Jesus knew that He should be arrested and considered as a criminal. He said to His disciples to take a sword. For protection? Yes. And to teach us one more time that we should not kill. Because Jesus knew that He should make a last miracle, a healing of a man, in the Gethsemane garden:

“ Lord, shall we strike with the sword?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. And He touched his ear and healed him.”Luke 22: 49-50, 51

Jesus said to His 11 Apostles, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. For it is written: "And He was numbered with the transgressors"(This is the old prophecy of the prophet Isaiah 53:12) and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in Me. Yes, what is written about Me is reaching its fulfillment." The disciples said, "See Lord, here are two swords "That is enough." Jesus replied.

Betrayal and Arrest in Gethsemane
And while He was still speaking, behold, Judas, one of the twelve, with a great multitude with swords and clubs, came from the chief priests and elders of the people.
Now His betrayer had given them a sign, saying, “Whomever I kiss, He is the One; seize Him.” Immediately he went up to Jesus and said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed Him.
But Jesus said to him, “Friend, why have you come?”
Then they came and laid hands on Jesus and took Him. And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels? How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?”
In that hour Jesus said to the multitudes, “Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs to take Me? I sat daily with you, teaching in the temple, and you did not seize Me. But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.”
Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.

Matthew 26:47-55

And so the reasons that Jesus allowed the disciples to have two swords was so that the Scripture in Isaiah 53:12 ("He was numbered among the transgressors”) would be fulfilled and to teach us that we should NOT kill. Jesus was the God of Peace. He forbids any violence.

Jesus said to Pilate, "My Kingdom is not of this world. If it were, My servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But NOW My Kingdom is from another place!" John 18:36

Luke 6:27-29: Jesus commands, "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back!"

2 Corinthians 10:3,4: "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are *NOT* the weapons of the world."

Do you say, Eddy, that these laws are unreasonable? In Luke 6:27-29: Jesus commands, "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

No. These laws show and prove the HOLINESS of the God of Israel and demonstrate us His HOLY nature- Holiness, Mercy, Love and Justice. Let me share with you what a well-known Muslim Umar ibn Al-Khattab, said before his death. He was the most powerful of the four Rashidun Caliphs and one of the most powerful and influential Muslim rulers in history. So, before his death he said:

“Be kind and generous to the Muhajirun and the Ansar. Those out of them who are good, be good to them; those who are bad overlook their lapses. Be good to the people of the conquered lands. They are the outer line of our defense; they are the target of the anger and distress of our enemies. They contribute to our revenues. They should be taxed only on their surplus wealth. Be gracious to the Bedouins as they are the backbone of the Arab nation. I instruct you to be good to the Dhimmis for they are your responsibility. Do not tax them beyond their capacity. Ensure that they pay the Jizya without undue inconvenience. Fear God, and in all that you do keep His pleasure in view. In the matter of people fear God, and in the matter of Allah do not be afraid of the people. With regard to the people, I enjoin upon you to administer justice with an even hand. See that all the legitimate requirements of the people are met. Be concerned for their welfare. Ensure the safety of their person and property. See that the frontiers of our domains are not violated. Take strong steps to guard the frontiers. In the matter of administration do not prefer the rich to the poor. Be hard against those who violate the law. Show them no mercy. Do not rest content until you have brought the miscreants to book. Treat all the people as equal. Be a pillar of strength for those who are weak and oppressed. Those who are strong but do wrong, make them pay for their wrong-doings. In the distribution of booty and other matters be above nepotism. Let no consideration of relationship or selfish interest weigh with you. The Satan is at large; it may tempt you. Rise above all temptations and perform your duties in accordance with the injunctions of Islam. Get guidance from the Holy Quran and Sunnah. Freely consult the wise men around you. Apply your own mind in difficult cases, and seek light from God. Be simple in your living and your habits. Let there be no show or ostentation about you. Lead life as a model Muslim. As you are the leader of the Muslims, justify your leadership by being the best among them all. May God bless you.”

Remember, Eddy, the only weapons that Christian saints/believers may use who follow the New Covenant commands of Jesus is the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God.

But in case of a war, we should join the army becoming professional soldiers/killers because we should defend other people with a gun. Yes, God will give us victory. But it is our duty to protect our children and wives when Muslim Arabs will enter our houses to ravish our children and wives. God will defend us and we will join Him to defend our families. This Third World War of the Muslim states will be the God’s war and our war when we will judge the nations for their crimes which they will enter our houses to ravish our families. Muslims should kill their raped daughters and they call it as honor killings. We should protect our daughters and NEVER kill them or allow killing them. During the Third World War, to help us, Israel, the God Jesus will destroy by cataclysms all Muslim states and troops which will come to attack Israel.

Ephesians 6:17 "And take the helmet of salvation, and the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God!"

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active, Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart!"

Brothers, we should protect our countries and do it ONLY in the case if the actions of our countries comply with the laws of God and our conscience.

Let me remind you that Moses killed a group of Jews in the wilderness who wanted to return to their slavery of Egypt. Moses was a killer in this case who authorized this killing. Why? He should protect his people and teach them that life without God is DEATH and destruction.

HOW can you say you love your neighbor as yourself if you saw them being attacked and you did not attempt to stop it???

I am a Palestinian man (a christian). Israeli Army will come to my house. Should I kill Jewish soldiers who will touch my Arab son at the hand? No. I am prohibited to kill and damage people. I can only pray to God. Can Palestinians kill Jews? No. They are prohibited to do it by God. The Israeli Army acts according the laws of the state and the main God's laws coincide with Jewish laws. The Palestinian state acts according to the laws Shariah which were based on the word of the false god. That's why any obedience to the military laws of Palestine (Jihad) is a violation of God's law which reads, "You shall not kill".

All other laws of Palestine, which comply with God's laws and our conscience, we can implement.

So, we should follow God's laws and do not kill people. But we should protect people. Protection is not violence.

We can serve in the official Army and then our actions will be measured by God according to His laws. We cannot serve in the Palestinian Army because their laws act against the laws of the God of Israel. Their laws call Muslims to violence and murder of Jews. It is against the laws of God. Any rocket sent from Palestine and Gaza to Israel is a crime against people and God.

So, brothers, no matter if we are Palestinian Christians, or Palestinian Muslims living in Palestine or Jews or Americans or if we live in Africa, the God’s laws should be implemented in our world no matter what are the borders of our countries. Our world is our ‘country’ and the God’s laws are in force there. That’s why His law “You shall NOT kill” is universal. And any Muslim should be subject to it. That’s why God will judge any Palestinian suicide killer, any Muslim Hamas fighter and any Jewish soldier who will commit military crimes. But we have right to protect our people. We are to protect our children and God’s forbids killing them! That’s why the Islamic law of honor killing becomes a madness. Because it violates the God’s laws. How should we govern our lives? According to the HOLY God’s laws. He commands us to love our enemies, all people and pursue peace. He commands us to stop any violence and protect the lives of people. That’s why He Himself is going to stop any violence of Muslims in Israel during the Third World War and protect the lives of people. Why? Because God is LOVE and JUSTICE and PEACE. Do you follow this perfect God of Israel? Or do still follow your Islamic god who commands you to kill, hate and explode people? Any law, which is against the HOLY laws of the God of Israel, was issued by the false gods/demons. Are you their followers? Are you a follower of the false religion Islam? Are you a follower of the one of the false religions of this world? Just remember, that by being the sinner and follower of the false religion Islam, you will NEVER reach the Kingdom of God. Because the Door to the Kingdom of God is Jesus.

Then Jesus said to them again,

“Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.

I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 10: 7-10

Seventh Trumpet: The Kingdom Proclaimed

Then the seventh angel sounded:

And there were loud voices in heaven, saying,

“The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!”

And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, saying:

“We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty,
The One who is and who was and who is to come,
Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.
The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come,
And the time of the dead, that they should be judged,
And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints,
And those who fear Your name, small and great,
And should destroy those who destroy the earth.”

Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

Revelation 11: 15-19

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
God does not give tongues anymore...No reason for that. They were needed in the ancient church to edify christians...and reveal their sins.

Today we see ONLY MADNESS in our churches and barking "dogs"..not holy christains.

I agree 100%. It is, utter madness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Moreover, God does not give a gift of prophecies anymore too.
But there will be TWO LAST PROPHETS who will speak prophecies of the written Bible for Muslims and unbelievers before the World War Three. Do you know about these two prophets?

No, what are they?

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My point is:
1. Everything is said. There is no need for any new prophecies.
What is new it is not true. There is nothing new in the Bible.

If you need a prophecy, open the Bible and you will see how God talks to
you THROUGH the words of the Bible uttered by Him and written in the Bible already.

2. God does not talk to people DIRECTLY and in audible voice today as to Moses or Isaiah or Daniel..or other prophets.

Why? God talked to Moses and prophets DIRECTLY, after this communication with God, the prophets went to Israel and communicated/gave them what God said.

So, today God told us everything. There is no need for any NEW prophecies to be uttered by average christians or even pastors.

3. If a christian claims that God talked to him directly and said something then any claim of such christian on behalf of God will be judged by Him. You know that already. Moreover, our madhouses are full of patients who claim that they constantly talk to 'god' or hear voices
in head.
Do you remember how God warns that any false prophet will be punished by death in the Lake of Fire because they say what God didnt say and they share their desires/dreams what God didnt utter (Jeremiah). I will give you some references:

This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

Jeremiah 23

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Our churches today are full of people who claim that God talks to them directly.
I do not believe in that. God can talk to Muslims directly in dreams and visions to convert them but not in reality.

Also, I believe that God gave revelations to prophets in the early christian church.
Why?
To build them up. I.e. to build the Church in the beginning! And there is no need today for any 'new' prophecies.
The same way, I believe that God gave many gifts (about 12) and one of them is speaking in tongues. Why? To build up the early Church and guide them.
Today I think there is no need for speaking in tongues.

Moreover, I have NEVER heard that somebody would speak today in tongues.
What I have heard is deception and barking...no clear LANGUAGE!!!
Read this message below I completely agree with:

Why I Don't Believe in 'Speaking in Tongues'.........
Posted : 1 Nov, 2011 03:36 PM

by: Dave Stevens

There was a time when I thought I spoke in tongues and saw visions of Jesus speaking to me. So, it is not as if I have a bias against the charismatic gifts. I use to think my special "baptism" of gifts offered me a deeper experience with God. I came home from college asking my church and believing family why they ignored the teachings on the Holy Spirit. I use to think that the gifts were the demonstration of the power of God.

I still believe in miracles and supernatural answers to prayer. However, I have come to realize that the Holy Spirit almost always works with and through the Word of God. In contrast to those who would deny the power of the Holy Spirit, I affirm that the greatest demonstration of the power of the Holy Spirit is in the sovereign regeneration of lost souls, whereby God turns an unbelieving God hater into a believer.

I also want to set strait those who would accuse me of denying the fact that God directs us. I believe that God leads and directs His elect by giving them desires that conform to His revealed will (the Bible). In fact, God “works all things according to the counsel of His will” (Eph 1:11). Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." The opposite is also true of the reprobate. He works all things out for the bad to those who do not love God. For example, Prov. 16:4 states that "The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom." Romans 9:17 says of Pharaoh, “For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, 'For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.'”

So, it would be perfectly appropriate to say, “I feel that God is leading me to do such and such”, which is another way of saying, “I think God is giving me the desire to do such and such”. If that desire conforms to God’s revealed will, we should recognize it as the gracious work of God in our hearts to conform us to the image of His Son. However, it is completely different to say, “God told me such and such” The former statement acknowledges God’s providence in leading us by means of our desires and circumstances. The later statement invokes the authority of God by speaking on His behalf. There is a big difference. In our modern experiential culture, professing Christians have become very comfortable with speaking on God’s behalf. This shows that they have little respect for His inspired word and no fear of misrepresenting Him. Few people take to heart the warning found in Deut. 18:20, "But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die."

Cessationism teaches that the revelatory gifts (tongues and prophecy) have ceased to be given to the church by the Holy Spirit after the completion of the New Testament canon. The following is a list of reasons why I have become a cessationist.

Reason 1 - The Scriptures Are Sufficient For Every Good Work

2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." This passage explains that the scriptures are sufficient for our sanctification. It doesn't say that the scriptures equip us for some works, but we need the gifts of tongues or prophecy to really experience super spirituality. It says that the scriptures are sufficient to equip us for every good work.

Reason 2 - The Scriptures Are Sufficient For Salvation

The scriptures are also sufficient for saving souls. Romans 1:16 says, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." Those who would promote so called "power evangelism" argue that the gifts are important evangelistic tools. They would argue that miracles and demonstrations of the power of God would cause someone to believe in the gospel. In the story of the rich man and Lazarus, told by Jesus in Luke 16, the rich man in hell begs Abraham to send Lazarus "to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment" (vs. 27b-28). Abraham then says "They have Moses and the prophets". The rich man argued the same argument as "power evangelists" do today. "No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent" (vs. 30). Abraham's reply is this, "If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead." So miracles do nothing to save the lost. God must first perform a sovereign work of regeneration before someone can believe.

The children of Israel witnessed many many miracles. They witnessed the 10 plagues in Egypt. They saw the parting of the Red Sea. They were guided by the pillar of fire at night and the pillar of cloud during the day. They were fed manna (a picture of Christ) for food. The drank from the rock (a picture of Christ) in the dessert. They heard God's very voice on Mt. Sinai. But, was this enough to give them faith? No, Hebrews says that they all died in the wilderness (except the families of Moses, Aaron, and Caleb) because of unbelief.

For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness? And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. - Hebrews 3:16-19

What did those miracles accomplish for those who died in the wilderness? They served as greater judgement for them in hell. But to God's elect they serve as a witness of God's power and deliverance in salvation.

God has not chosen the gifts of tongues and prophecy as His means of producing faith in unbelievers. Instead, "it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe." (1 Cor. 1:21).

Reason 3 - The Scriptures Are Complete

Hebrews 1:1-2 says the following:

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

The Greek word elalesen (spoken) is an aorist tense verb. The aorist tense indicates an action that has been completed in the past. Is God still speaking to us today through new revelation (tongues and prophecy)? No, because God has already spoken through His Son. His revelation is complete. But when did God speak by His Son? The answer can be found in John.

"These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. - John 14:25-26

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. - John 16:12-15

From these passages we see that the Apostles are not given anything apart from Jesus. Jesus was the true prophet. He had a set doctrine or teaching that he wanted to pass on to the disciples. However, the Holy Spirit would cause them to remember the things that Jesus taught. Even Paul was directly taught by the risen Jesus Christ (see Gal. 1:12 & 1 Cor. 11:23). Jesus is very clear in this passage that the Holy Spirit will speak only the things He hears from the Son (see "He will take of Mine and declare it to you" in vs 15). That is why the early church needed the gift of prophecy and tongues while the canon (list of books considered scripture) was being completed by the disciples. Theses gifts (as well as miracles) also authenticated the message being delivered.

The canon of scripture was eventually finished by John with the following warning in Revelations.

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. - Rev. 22:18-19

When John wrote Revelation, he was aware of the fact that he was the only surviving eye witness and apostle. Therefore, this warning can be understood in a much broader sense than just the book of Revelation.

I have yet to find a new translation of the Bible that contains new revelation from a modern day tongues and prophecy. But why not? If a new tongue or prophecy is from God, then it should be recognized as the very words of God and added to the back of every Bible. Why should there be any distinction? If God has really spoken through a modern day prophet, then His words today should cary the same authority as His words spoken long ago. Many who argue that tongues and prophecy are for today would balk at such an idea. They know that their modern day tongue or prophecy do not have the same authority as scripture. But they fail to explain why.

Reason 4 - Our Hearts Are Deceitful Above All Things

Jeremiah 17:9 says the following about our hearts

“The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

Yet so many charismatics blindly follow inclinations and feelings in their heart that they think are from God. I once did this myself. My heart was deceiving myself into thinking that I was receiving revelation from God, when that revelation actually was coming from my own imagination and vanity. I was so deceived, that I actually thought that by making strange nonsensical noises, I was able to speak in an "angelic language". Jeremiah 23:25-26 explains that false prophecy comes from the deceit of our own hearts.

"I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in My name, saying, ‘I have dreamed, I have dreamed!’ How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart," - Jer. 23:25-26

"Is not My word like a fire?” says the LORD, And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?" - Jer. 23:29

How do we know if a tongue or prophecy is from God? After all, it could be our imagination, or a hallucination. Charismatics usually have two answers for this.

They quote 1 John 4:1 out of context, which says, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God." The charismatic would interpret this passage by saying that we are to ask the spirit (the voice in our head) whether Jesus came in the flesh. But this is not what John is asking us to do. He is telling the church to test those who claim to be prophets by examining their doctrine. That is why John warns them that "many false prophets have gone out into the world".

Secondly, those who believe that tongues and prophecy are for today usually say that a tongue or prophecy can be validated by comparing it with scripture. But if every prophecy must be compared with scripture, then why do we need the new tongue or prophecy?

Reason 5 - We Are To Focus on God's Revealed Will

Many would argue that tongues and prophecy help us to understand God's secret plan for our lives. In this way, it is said that we can "get in on what God is going". Should we be focused on God's secret will? Actually, the Bible tells us the opposite.

“The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. - Deut. 29:29

Instead of worrying about missing out on God's plan, we should trust that God is sovereign enough to direct us by orchestrating events according to His providence. This is tremendously freeing because we no longer need to worry about looking for signs of God's secret will (which is superstition). Believers never miss out on something "better" because "all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). This frees us to focus on obeying His revealed will (i.e. ten commandments). God will take care of the rest. Jesus says "If you love Me, keep My commandments" (John 14:15). He doesn't tell us to focus on new revelation. Instead, we are to focus our attention and energies on what He has revealed, "My commandments".

We are also told several times in the scriptures not to "interpret omens" (see Lev. 19:26 Deut. 18:10). However, this is exactly what Charismatics do when they interpret current events as signs from God.

Reason 6 - The Imperatives in 1 Corinthians 12:31 and 14:1 Are Mistranslations

Some would quote the following verses to show that we should "earnestly desire the best gifts" (prophecy, tongues, etc).

"But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way." - 1 Cor. 12:31

"Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy." - 1 Cor. 14:1

The Greek word for "earnestly desire" in vs 12:31 and "desire" in vs. 14:1 is zhlouvte (zaloute), which is a second person plural present active verb. The question at hand is whether this verb is in the imperative (a command) or indicative (a statement of fact) mood. The Greek verb ending -te is the verb ending for both imperative and indicative. In fact, Johannes P. Louw and Eugene A. Nida's Greek-English Lexicon even states that "It is also possible to understand zhlouvte in 1Cor 12:31 as being indicative and therefore translated as ‘you set your hearts on the more important gifts.’"

So, we need to look at the context to tell us if this verb is in the imperative or indicative mood. I would argue that the indicative mood makes much more sense with the subversive "yet I show you a more excellent way". In other words, Paul was stating the fact that they were zealously desiring the best gifts, which was causing divisions (chap. 12). Instead of desiring tongues and prophecy, they should have been desiring love, which in Paul's terms was "a more excellent way" (chap. 13).

The same is the case for 14:1. He tells them to pursue (diw¿kete - follow with haste) love. This verb should be translated as an imperative because of the context of chapter 13. Then the next verb "desire" (zhlouvte) should be translated indicative (statement of fact). Why? Because of the context of verse 14:12, which is a summary of 14:1-11.

"Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel." - 1 Cor. 14:12

Paul is stating that "since" they were zealous for spiritual gifts (indicative again), their overall concern should be for the edification of the church. There are no commands in scripture to seek spiritual gifts. Spiritual gifts are sovereignly given by the Holy Spirit and are not given to everyone in the same way (1 Cor. 12:30). That is why they are called gifts.

Reason 7 - The Scriptures Tell Us That The Revelatory Gifts Have Ceased

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:8-13

It is clear from this passage that tongues, prophecy, and words of knowledge will cease. The main issue is when they will cease. It is interesting to note that these three gifts are specifically called out as being temporary, in contrast to faith, hope and love. Why? I believe it is because they are revelatory.

Verse 10 tells us exactly when these gifts will cease, namely "when that which is perfect has come". The Greek word telios (perfect) means "brought to its end, finished; lacking nothing necessary to completeness; perfect" according to Thayer's Greek Lexicon and "having reached its end, finished, complete" according to the Liddell & Scott Greek lexicon. In other words, when the finishing of something has come, these gifts will cease. Here are some common interpretations of the word "perfect" (telios) in 1 Cor. 13:10.

maturity attained in our glorified state. This mixes metaphors (explained below).

the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. However, Christ is never described in the neuter gender. This also mixes metaphors (explained below).

the completion of the canon.

I believe the 3rd interpretation is correct for the following reasons. Firstly, this interpretation better explains how prophecy, tongues and words of new knowledge are incomplete (see "For we know in part and we prophecy in part" in verse 9). They are incomplete because, at that period in history, God had not completed them. Secondly, the third interpretation fits perfectly with the two metaphors that Paul uses to explain how the church's knowledge will become complete. The two metaphors that Paul uses to explain the contrast between knowing or prophesying in part and complete knowledge are as follows:

knowledge of a child vs. knowledge of a man

seeing through a dim mirror vs. seeing face to face

It can not be emphasized enough that these metaphors must be taken as metaphors. The first mistake people make in this passage is to interpret the "face to face" as the 2nd coming of Christ. But this would be mixing the metaphor ("seeing in a mirror") with something real (seeing Jesus Christ at His 2nd coming). Paul would never mix a metaphor with reality. If the first part is metaphorical (seeing in a mirror) so must the 2nd part (seeing in face to face). So, Paul is telling us that the completion of the canon will be like looking at someone face to face, compared to looking through the dim reflection of a 1st century mirror.

Conclusion

This paper was intended to make a concise biblical defense of Cessationism (the teaching that the revelatory gifts have ceased). The bible teaches us that the scriptures are sufficient for both our salvation and sanctification. The apostle John has completed the revelation of Jesus Christ by finishing the book of Revelation. The scriptures are trustworthy, while our hearts are deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. Therefore, instead of focusing on superstitious premonitions, we should focus our energy on obeying God's commandments as they are revealed in the scriptures. We can ignore those who say that God commands us to "earnestly desire the greater gifts" because these passages are not imperatives. And lastly, we should not seek to exercise the revelatory gifts, when the scriptures teach us that these gifts have ceased. I hope this paper has helped the reader understand that only God's Holy Word has the authority to bind man's conscience. May God use this to free those who are bound by superstition, error, and the doctrine of demons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Prayers of the Holy Spirit:

Brothers,

What do you think: can the Holy Spirit pray for Christians when they say that they pray daily to God in "tongues"?

My point is:

It is impossible.

When the early Church was baptized by the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, all spoke in FOREIGN languages/tongues..NOTE: They did NOT bark as we saw it in videos how the Kundalini spirit has Invaded the Church Masquerading as The Holy Spirit! LOL

And it was NOT their wish to speak in these tongues but they were MOVED by the Holy Spirit.

Why? What is the purpose of these tongues?
- (1) GOSPEL proclamation/powerful Witness to speak in tongues which understand other people/unbelievers who are present in Church for example!

(2) Hearing what the Spirit of God says and it is like the gift of prophecy!

I said to Gary:

It is not like what you think when you try to "speak DAILY" to God in payers in "tongues"! Because it would be MADNESS! Why? Because in this case God the Spirit would need to talk to another God -the Father- ONLY WHEN you open your mouth! LOL

He speaks with the Father ANYTIME as this verse says:

Romans 8:26-27

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit makes intercession for us with groanings which CANNOT be UTTERED. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Summary: I believe in this and will NOT believe anything else except what God said in the Bible. Sorry.

Being deceived by "Christians" regarding these tongues, I prefer to be free from ANY deception and trust ONLY what God says in the Holy Bible.

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You still believe that in this world we have tongues given as gifts?

But we also have satanic/demonic tongues which we clearly see in videos of the Kundalini spirit in the USA and Canada!

Their "tongues" even BARK...Let me remind you: our God- the Holy Spirit does NOT bark because He is NOT dog!

Dogs will be outside of the New Jerusalem!

We all have to be REASONABLE because there is NO madness in the God of Israel!

Upvote 0

versavia

Nov 10, 2016
A Muslim country
✟16,872.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why are you a protestant? Not complaining, just curious. Ta

I live in a Muslim country, my friend.
Churches here are dangerous sects...We do not have any choice here to find a good church...We see ONLY MADNESS in our churches! We are NOT Americans!

But what is good! We ourselves are the Church of God. We go and teach Muslims what God said...the nations and people who may be read the ONLY Bible in their lives...us...written on our hearts. We have such a privilege and we appreciate this.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Churches here are dangerous sects...We do not have any choice here to find a good church...We see ONLY MADNESS in our churches! We are NOT Americans!

But what is good! We ourselves are the Church of God. We go and teach Muslims what God said...the nations and people who may be read the ONLY Bible in their lives...us...written on our hearts. We have such a privilege and we appreciate this.

Well said. Must be very difficult for you living in a muslim country with your Christian beliefs.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon

I'm not doubting to that you are Christian, but from what you describe here, it would be inaccurate to say that you are a Protestant Christian.

Upvote 0