Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yep as I expected. Then I can understand why you would spiritualize what Luke 1 is saying about Christ.
By "spiritualize", do you mean I don't overlook this part of Luke 1 that contradicts the futurist paradigm?

Luke 1
31Behold, you will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus. 32He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David, 33and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever. His kingdom will never end!”

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are not aware that mid-acts dispensationalists has that as a principle?

Let’s be completely honest.
Anyone who interprets:

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John.....3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

To mean:

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must not take place for two millennia, And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John....3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is thousands of years away.

Can in no way claim to read the Bible literally.

Mid-Acts Dispensationalist or not, You are no literalist.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Can you tell me how you're reconciling 2 Samuel 7:16 with the belief that there's no throne of David now on earth....but will be in the future?

What particular passage in Daniel....could you quote it for me, please?

You are asking the wrong questions.

Show me in history an Israeli kingdom, spiritual or physical after the Babylonian captivity. Not a government or puppet kngdom.
I think you forgot to answer my questions (you should be able to - at least - quote from Daniel what you're referring to).

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let’s be completely honest.
Anyone who interprets:

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John.....3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

To mean:

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must not take place for two millennia, And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John....3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is thousands of years away.

Can in no way claim to read the Bible literally.

Mid-Acts Dispensationalist or not, You are no literalist.

In the first place, the mystery of the rapture is not found in Revelations.

It was revealed in Paul's epistles.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By "spiritualize", do you mean I don't overlook this part of Luke 1 that contradicts the futurist paradigm?

Luke 1
31Behold, you will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus. 32He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David, 33and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever. His kingdom will never end!”

Because those who believe in the 1000 year reign of Christ, believes that Jesus will be ruling the Earth from Jerusalem during that time, so that promise is yet to be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Because those who believe in the 1000 year reign of Christ, believes that Jesus will be ruling the Earth from Jerusalem during that time, so that promise is yet to be fulfilled.
The problem that belief creates is that it's directly against the promise recorded in Jeremiah and 2 Samuel.

Jeremiah 33:17 ~ For this is what the LORD says: 'David will never fail to have a man to sit on the throne of Israel,

2 Samuel 7:16 ~
And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure for ever before me; your throne shall be established for ever (2 Samuel 7:16).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem that belief creates is that it's directly against the promise recorded in Jeremiah and 2 Samuel.

Jeremiah 33:17 ~ For this is what the LORD says: David will have a descendant sitting on the throne of Israel forever.

Yes, this is a promise yet unfulfilled. Will have points towards a future event.

I don't see anything that contradicts that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's actually my point.

The Bible records a promise made that states:

Jeremiah 33:17 ~ For this is what the LORD says: David will never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel

2 Samuel 7:16 ~ And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure for ever before me; your throne shall be established for ever”
.....and we know that's not been true on earth (as you've posted).

Not yet. Has not happened in heaven either.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think you forgot to answer my questions (you should be able to - at least - quote from Daniel what you're referring to).
Daniel 2, and the Gentile kingdoms.

When the last of the kingdoms is destroyed, Christ will set up His kingdom.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Jeremiah 33:17 ~ For this is what the LORD says: 'David will never fail to have a man to sit on the throne of Israel,

2 Samuel 7:16 ~
And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure for ever before me; your throne shall be established for ever (2 Samuel 7:16).
How can it be against this promise? The promise has not been fulfilled until the last kingdom is crushed.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the first place, the mystery of the rapture is not found in Revelations.

It was revealed in Paul's epistles.

In the first place, it's The RevelatioN, Singular, not RevelationS, plural.

Next, this doesn't refute my point about the fact that you do NOT read the Bible literally.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How can it be against this promise? The promise has not been fulfilled until the last kingdom is crushed.
In just focusing on this one phrase...."David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel"....and trying to set aside the timeline or narrative you've believed....how else can you interpret that other than to say that has to be the spiritual kingdom (because... as you've pointed out....it clearly didn't play out that way on earth)?

There is also this passage in Hebrews 8 that contrasts Christ Jesus's priesthood with the ancient Levitical priesthood in ancient Jerusalem (Jesus, Melchizedek, and David were all priestly kings):

Hebrews 8
1The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2and who ministers in the sanctuary and true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man. 3And since every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, it was necessary for this One also to have something to offer.4Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests who offer gifts according to the law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In just focusing on this one phrase...."David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel"....and trying to set aside the timeline or narrative you've believed....how else can you interpret that other than to say that has to be the spiritual kingdom (because... as you've pointed out....it clearly didn't play out that way on earth)?

There is also this passage in Hebrews 8 that contrasts Christ Jesus's priesthood with the ancient Levitical priesthood in ancient Jerusalem (Jesus, Melchizedek, and David were all priestly kings):

Hebrews 8
1The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2and who ministers in the sanctuary and true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man. 3And since every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, it was necessary for this One also to have something to offer.4Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests who offer gifts according to the law.
Because the physical still exist.

You cannot deny the reality of the physical.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Because the physical still exist.

You cannot deny the reality of the physical.
What do you mean?

How else can a person interpret "never lack a man seated on the throne" other than to mean that either David himself or his promised descendant (Son of David - Jesus) would occupy the throne. IOW...."never lack" = always occupied.

Upvote 0