✟214,847.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You missed the "who" in Israel, so here it is again:

Ruth and Rahab were "going through" all of the faithful obedient believing covenant-keepers, both Gentile and Jew, of Israel.

Then there were the Gentile Ninevites.

They didn't go through Israel.

Rather, Jonah, of Israel, went through them.

But you do agree that Ruth and Rahab could not have come to God, even if they had faith, without someone from that nation Israel right?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,847.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think God was too impotent to save anyone without Israel's help?

The protocol for blessing Gentiles, thru Abraham's seed, was set by God himself in Genesis 12:3, and re-emphasized in Deuteronomy 23, for the case of the Moabites.

Even Jesus had to follow that same protocol when it came to blessing the Roman Centurion and the Canaanite Lady, as I have explained to you in the other thread.

That protocol lasted until Israel has fallen in Acts 7, as Paul would reveal later.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The protocol for blessing Gentiles, thru Abraham's seed, was set by God himself in Genesis 12:3, and re-emphasized in Deuteronomy 23, for the case of the Moabites.

Even Jesus had to follow that same protocol when it came to blessing the Roman Centurion and the Canaanite Lady, as I have explained to you in the other thread.

That protocol lasted until Israel has fallen in Acts 7, as Paul would reveal later.

God has never been dependent upon any protocol. His creation alone bears sufficient testimony of Him.

With or without Israel.

Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,847.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has never been dependent upon any protocol. His creation alone bears sufficient testimony of Him.

With or without Israel.

Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Well, I have given you many scriptural examples both in the OT, as well as the 4 gospels, where the protocol was followed strictly.

It is up to you whether you want to accept or reject them.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I have given you many scriptural examples both in the OT, as well as the 4 gospels, where the protocol was followed strictly.

It is up to you whether you want to accept or reject them.

Paul clearly declares that there is more than sufficient evidence that God uses.

Evidence entirely independent of Israel.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"And the Lord said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever."
Gen 13

"In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:" To Isaac - "Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;" Gen 26:3

"Know, recognize, and understand therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, Who keeps covenant and steadfast love and mercy with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations," Deut 7:9 AMPC

"For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." Deu 14:2

"I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. ..." Rom 11:1-2

This isnt all of the Scriptures. What's posted covers land and people and since we're within a thousand generations, it's for today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But now, we are blessed and included thru the fall of Israel (Romans 11:11), that is the mystery that was hidden in God until it was revealed thru Paul (Ephesians 3:9)

Once again, you are making the false assumption that all of us are "Gentiles".

You are ignoring the fact that the Church was made up of about 3,000 Israelites on the Day of Pentecost.

You are also ignoring what Paul said about Hosea in Romans 9:24-27.

Based on the "remnant" in Romans 11:5, all of Israel did not fall.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The protocol for blessing Gentiles, thru Abraham's seed, was set by God himself in Genesis 12:3

And fulfilled here by God Himself:

Galatians 3
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Since, like Paul, you haven't pluralized "seed", it is evident that you agree that the seed is Christ alone.

Jesus, unlike the Jews of his day, was not a racist, as I have also explained to you in the other thread.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I Guess So Long as you agree it was thru the nation Israel in time past, that is sufficient
It was through faith in God. The Torah was the Word of God. All the Gentiles had in the OT was evolutionary science from the Babylonians and Mesopotamians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,791.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This isnt all of the Scriptures. What's posted covers land and people and since we're within a thousand generations, it's for today.
But; thinking that the Jewish State of Israel are the only inheritors of God's Promises to Abraham, is a serious mistake.
Things will change dramatically soon and ALL Israel, the faithful people from every tribe, race, nation and language, will gather and live in all of the holy Land. Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:24-26

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:" To Isaac - "Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;" Gen 26:3
There was a progressive unfolding of all of this.....until the Seed. Paul explains all of this here:

Galatians 3:16 ~ The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say, “and to seeds,” meaning many, but “and to your seed,” meaning One, who is Christ.

Galatians 3:19 ~ Why then was the law given? It was added because of transgressions, until the arrival of the seed to whom the promise referred. It was administered through angels by a mediator.
The author of Hebrews describes what Abraham expected from God's promises:

Hebrews 11:10 ~ Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God.
Jesus is the new mediator of the New Covenant. He has fulfilled the promises to Abraham.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,847.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was through faith in God. The Torah was the Word of God. All the Gentiles had in the OT was evolutionary science from the Babylonians and Mesopotamians.

what do you think Paul was saying in Ephesians 2:11-12 then

in time past, if a gentile had faith in God but did not bless Israel or went thru any jew, could he still enter into a covenant with God, purely thru his faith?

how did the Roman centurion and the cannaite lady got their healing blessing from Jesus, according to scripture?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,847.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And fulfilled here by God Himself:

Galatians 3
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Since, like Paul, you haven't pluralized "seed", it is evident that you agree that the seed is Christ alone.

Jesus, unlike the Jews of his day, was not a racist, as I have also explained to you in the other thread.

how did the Roman centurion and the cannaite lady got their healing blessing from Jesus, according to scripture?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
what do you think Paul was saying in Ephesians 2:11-12 then

in time past, if a gentile had faith in God but did not bless Israel or went thru any jew, could he still enter into a covenant with God, purely thru his faith?

Yes

Faith in God.

All Paul was pointing out is that there was no effort to evangelize the whole world. Solomon was the height of Israel's influence on the world.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,847.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Faith in God.

All Paul was pointing out is that there was no effort to evangelize the whole world. Solomon was the height of Israel's influence on the world.

What saith the scripture in the Roman Centurion and the Canaanite Lady? Jesus acknowledged they had faith, there is no question about that.

But I am asking you, how did they get Jesus to grant the healing blessing they requested, did they have to go thru the Jews in order to do so?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What saith the scripture in the Roman Centurion and the Canaanite Lady? Jesus acknowledged they had faith, there is no question about that.

But I am asking you, how did they get Jesus to grant the healing blessing they requested, did they have to go thru the Jews in order to do so?
No they came to God.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,847.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No they came to God.

Again what saith the scripture?

Have you read the Luke account for the Roman centurion and all the accounts for the Canaanite lady, before coming to that conclusion?

Are you keen to read the accounts first?

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again what saith the scripture?

Have you read the Luke account for the Roman centurion and all the accounts for the Canaanite lady, before coming to that conclusion?

Are you keen to read the accounts first?

Quote the Scriptures which you are claiming to be applicable.

Upvote 0