ISO Online Bible with these preferences. Wrong forum?

jep0233

Sep 30, 2020
USA East Coast
✟8,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi, I have always liked a Bible on the local PC. And there are ways, yes, to sync over other devices with these Bibles saved locally. But I've found it's just easier to use a Bible program online, then it's on all devices with notes.

I have been using Bible Gateway. It's seems that all the Versions I've tried the verses run together. No new line for each verse. Now, yes, I know the Bible wasn't written that way, no divisions of chapters and verses.

I suppose I've gotten used to it, read one line, quickly ruminate on it and move to the next. With verses running into each other my mind doesn't seem to know how to slow down and stop, I just keep reading. And I'm done before I want to be. I supposed it's how certain are wired differently than others.

As I said, I signed up and this might not have been the forum for this question. Bible Gateways forums are just FAQs, no live forum that I see.

So, GBU and if you have any notion to suggest I'd appreciate. Oh, one other thing. I'm a Viet Vet on Disability Pension and I need something with no charges to use the basic.

Thanks so much, jep ":-Dx

Reactions: Gary Lee

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I have always liked a Bible on the local PC. And there are ways, yes, to sync over other devices with these Bibles saved locally. But I've found it's just easier to use a Bible program online, then it's on all devices with notes.

I have been using Bible Gateway. It's seems that all the Versions I've tried the verses run together. No new line for each verse. Now, yes, I know the Bible wasn't written that way, no divisions of chapters and verses.

I suppose I've gotten used to it, read one line, quickly ruminate on it and move to the next. With verses running into each other my mind doesn't seem to know how to slow down and stop, I just keep reading. And I'm done before I want to be. I supposed it's how certain are wired differently than others.

As I said, I signed up and this might not have been the forum for this question. Bible Gateways forums are just FAQs, no live forum that I see.

So, GBU and if you have any notion to suggest I'd appreciate. Oh, one other thing. I'm a Viet Vet on Disability Pension and I need something with no charges to use the basic.

Thanks so much, jep ":-Dx
hi! will this Bible work?

New Heart English Bible

here's a direct link that will download the entire bible.
if I remember right, it's broken up by verses.
https://nheb.net/files/NHEB.txt

• Informative
Upvote 0

Gary Lee

Sep 23, 2020
Texas
✟21,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I use this one, e-sword, on my PC, but do not know how it compares with others.
It really helps to search out a scripture with just a key word or more.
Also on my cell to help in witnessing.
It's free, just copy paste, or high-lite and open in new window.

e-Sword: Free Bible Study for the PC
** Thank you for your service, jep0233, also VN vet **

Gary Lee,
In Him Who is
Semper Fidelis

Upvote 0

jep0233

Sep 30, 2020
USA East Coast
✟8,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Divorced
I use this one, e-sword, on my PC, but do not know how it compares with others.
Gary Lee,

Gary, same back atcha vet!! Actually I am quite familiar with e-sword. I have it on the PC for years but never stay with it. I've tried online Bibles such a found on BibleGateway, Bible Tools, Bible.is and for some reason, lack of ease escpecially on the Win 10 tablet I've become frustrated. So coincidentally, just seeing this on the Thursday 10/1 I put e-sword yesterday on the Tablet. I think the reason I've moved away from e-sword in the past was is was so busy. Sooo many options I didn't need. But it's working on the tablet much better not having to deal with the internet.

So thanks! And for now I am on e-sword on the tablet. I find others on the PC fairly ease. Point. I one time had e-sword synced across my devices using Google Drive. I may go back to the.

Good day friend! jack ":-Dx

Upvote 0