Isn't it wrong to encourage someone who is trying to break up your marriage to get an abortion?

Ja rt

Sep 4, 2021
Arizona
✟8,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying like say a husband is unfaithful for years with another woman and gets her pregnant and plans to leave wife. But the wife makes the other woman have an abortion? I have a friend who I sided with have this happen. But among us were all prolife so I thought. She feared her husband would leave her so she encouraged and made sure the other woman had an abortion so her husband would stay with her and he ended up staying with her. The thing is I don't like the other woman either she seems like a terrible homewrecker who hates the wife and really works hard at destroying their family and marriage and she was going to use her pregnancy as a way to split up their marriage. I think this is a major reason she encouraged her to abort because of that. But also it doesn't sit well with me that she facilitated in someone terminating their pregnancy. She justifies it by saying that the woman is obviously a very immoral and disgusting person that she's trying to break up her family. She's simply "trying to protect" her family. And that women like that are equal to women who get abortions and she basically deserved to have her pregnancy terminated because of how bad of a person she is. It's only the consequences of her actions. I still feel like outside of the terrible woman. there was a child that had nothing to do with it. That's why I don't like my friend because she doesn't seem Christian but beguiled by desperation. But anyway am I judgmental and is it wrong that I cut her off as of lately? Advice?

Also the other woman ended her pregnancy like 4 months ago but doesn't seem to have helped my friend completely because her husband stayed with the wife but he still cheats with that mess of a woman so I've heard. The woman he cheats with really hates the wife now more than before. You know nothing good can come out of bad. I think maybe a divorce would help her find a man worth marrying. If she was a good Christian she'd have left him by now

Last edited:

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm saying like say a husband is unfaithful for years with another woman and gets her pregnant and plans to leave wife. But the wife makes the other woman have an abortion? Advice?

Yes it is wrong and moreover makes the person who encouraged this woman to have an abortion a murderer, along with the woman. They and others are all guilty of murder now, and no justification for the act is possible. They need God's forgiveness.

Note: it's not 100% clear that it has happened, depends on what you mean by "facilitated." If the act is complete then what I said is true, but it is still encouraging murder if it didn't happen and is evil.

Upvote 0

Ja rt

Sep 4, 2021
Arizona
✟8,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is wrong and moreover makes the person who encouraged this woman to have an abortion a murderer, along with the woman. They and others are all guilty of murder now, and no justification for the act is possible. They need God's forgiveness.

Note: it's not 100% clear that it has happened, depends on what you mean by "facilitated." If the act is complete then what I said is true, but it is still encouraging murder if it didn't happen and is evil.
Like she literally bullied her at work and threatened her job and paid for her to get the abortion etc .... She specifically pointed out it was murder but that that was what the other woman deserved because she was a terrible person for getting an abortion and cheating with her husband which she is most certainly terrible I'd say her husband is too and she fought so hard for him that she's lost her own values

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ja rt

Sep 4, 2021
Arizona
✟8,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

And also no the other woman has undergone an abortion last may. It doesn't seem to have changed anything though her husband still cheats with this woman who tries to do her best to mess with their relationship. It's only low self esteem that makes my ex friend hold on. She may no longer be pregnant but what is a marriage where you're constantly turning a blind eye to your cheating husband? It's honestly sad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isn't it wrong to encourage someone who is trying to break up your marriage to get an abortion?
Is the child in question guilty of anything at all, let alone a capital crime?

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Kind of reminds me of that couple who during a food shortage covenanted to eat one woman's child that day and the other woman's child the next day. However, the next day the other mother hid her child, so they took it to the king for judgment and he tore his clothes.

This is one of those kind of situations. The premise of interaction is wrong on so many levels.

In the old testament days, the whole lot of them might have been put to death. However, today - it's just a wrong situation. The best thing you can do is try and save the child.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Ja rt

Sep 4, 2021
Arizona
✟8,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Kind of reminds me of that couple who during a food shortage covenanted to eat one woman's child that day and the other woman's child the next day. However, the next day the other mother hid her child, so they took it to the king for judgment and he tore his clothes.

This is one of those kind of situations. The premise of interaction is wrong on so many levels.

In the old testament days, the whole lot of them might have been put to death. However, today - it's just a wrong situation. The best thing you can do is try and save the child.
Yeah maybe the husband and that woman would have been put to death before there ever was an abortion

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm saying like say a husband is unfaithful for years with another woman and gets her pregnant and plans to leave wife. But the wife makes the other woman have an abortion? I have a friend who I sided with have this happen. But among us were all prolife so I thought. She feared her husband would leave her so she encouraged and made sure the other woman had an abortion so her husband would stay with her. The thing is I don't like the other woman either she seems like a terrible homewrecker who hates the wife and really works hard at destroying their family and marriage and she was going to use her pregnancy as a way to split up their marriage. I think this is a major reason she encouraged her to abort because of that. But also it doesn't sit well with me that she facilitated in someone terminating their pregnancy. She justifies it by saying that the woman is obviously a very immoral and disgusting person that she's trying to break up her family. She's simply "trying to protect" her family. And that women like that are equal to women who get abortions and she basically deserved to have her pregnancy terminated because of how bad of a person she is. It's only the consequences of her actions. I still feel like outside of the terrible woman. there was a child that had nothing to do with it. That's why I don't like my friend because she doesn't seem Christian but beguiled by desperation. But anyway am I judgmental and is it wrong that I cut her off as of lately? Advice?

Also the other woman ended her pregnancy like 4 months ago but doesn't seem to have helped the my friend completely because her husband stayed with her but he still cheats with that mess of a woman so I've heard. You know nothing good can come out of bad. I think maybe a divorce would help her find a man worth marrying

I'd have nothing to do with any of them personally. None of them, not one seems to be Christian, and there seems no end to their love of sin.

Man commits adultery.

Woman is adulterous and murdered her unborn child.

Woman condoned the murder of said unborn child.

Jealousy all around, and coveting and all manner of sin to boot.

You're supposed to be either around other Christians (you know, the ones who actually have faith and follow Christ), or be the light of Christ to the lost around you.

Sometimes, you just have to shake the dust off your sandals and move on. Might like to mention God first if you haven't already... but life is too short for spending all our time in dramas created by the sin of others.

Find better freinds, the kind you feel blessed to be around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ja rt

Sep 4, 2021
Arizona
✟8,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Killing the child won't prevent him from straying. She probably made it worse. Now she has blood on her hands and he remains with the other. No one can wreck your home. It takes two to tangle.

~bella

All the abortion did was make it where the other woman couldn't use that to split them up. It didn't make him faithful. It didn't fix their marriage.

I do know it made the other woman hate her more. She hated her especially when she was getting the abortion. And we all work together. Work environment is interesting but the other woman hates her more because she was going to use her pregnancy to get him to leave her. But because the pregnancy ended in ab early termination she wasn't able to do that. Which thwarted her plans to completely ruin their marriage because she's no longer pregnant. Which is why the other woman hates her more because she has less leverage even my friend and her husband have 3 children. So they have a family. But she's still the other woman. But no it didn't fix anything it just made her also a bad person originally she was a victim out of this. The other woman is still the other woman her husband didn't learn his lesson and is still with this woman who is trying to destroy his marriage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do know it made the other woman hate her more. And we all work together. Work environment is interesting but anyhow. No it didn't fix anything it just made her also a bad person originally she was a victim out of this.

It didn’t make her a bad person. It revealed who she was.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That they're all made for each other

It revealed aspects of her character that hadn't come to light. An affair doesn't provoke someone to make threats and demand an abortion. She thought she could bully her and nothing changed. If she had a shred of dignity she'd separate and seek counseling. That's better than being disgraced. He's making a fool of her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All the abortion did was make it where the other woman couldn't use that to split them up. It didn't make him faithful. It didn't fix their marriage.

I do know it made the other woman hate her more. She hated her especially when she was getting the abortion. And we all work together. Work environment is interesting but the other woman hates her more because she was going to use her pregnancy to get him to leave her. But because the pregnancy ended in ab early termination she wasn't able to do that. Which thwarted her plans to completely ruin their marriage because she's no longer pregnant. Which is why the other woman hates her more because she has less leverage but not really even my friend and her husband have 3 children so I think the other woman not having children actually is her advantage. But she's still the other woman. But no it didn't fix anything it just made her also a bad person originally she was a victim out of this. The other woman is still the other woman her husband didn't learn his lesson and is still with this woman who is trying to destroy his marriage.

The man is certainly an equal part of destroying his own marriage.

As others have said, there is no "victim" here, except the child. All the adults are equally evil, and all are doomed without realizing that and repenting.

Upvote 0

Ja rt

Sep 4, 2021
Arizona
✟8,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It revealed aspects of her character that hadn't come to light. An affair doesn't provoke someone to make threats and demand an abortion. She thought she could bully her and nothing changed. If she had a shred of dignity she'd separate and seek counseling. That's better than being disgraced. He's making a fool of her.
Yeah honestly lying to one's self I think is the worst thing one can do in this case this man is trash and she's only gone to the dump with him.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The abortion has not stopped them, from seeing each other though. Plus she could still get pregnant for a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th time if she wanted.

So how did your friend, manage to corner the other woman into having an abortion? & yes It is wrong to encourage others to have an abortion.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Ja rt

Sep 4, 2021
Arizona
✟8,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The abortion has not stopped them, from seeing each other though. Plus she could still get pregnant for a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th time if she wanted.

So how did your friend, manage to corner the other woman into having an abortion? & yes It is wrong to encourage others to have an abortion.
By threats from what I could tell. And berating her.

Upvote 0