Isn't Evolution Biblical?

A lot of muslims and christians are totally against evolution.Yet the Bible AND the Qur'an support evolution.Would it not be more accurate to say that the current theory of evolution is just that;a theory.It is unproven, but can we totally rule out evolution.Here is a definition for the creationists,christian and muslim: Evolution is, simply, change over time. Biological evolution is therefore the changes in humans based on heredity,genetics, and environment. For all creationists: Are your children exactly identical to you?If yes, then prove it.If no, then show me how that is not evolution:descent with modification,genetic recombination,etc....

Also, for the Hebrew/Jews out there, I am interested in the Genesis account as it is written in the Hebrew language. Two different words are used to describe mankind's spirit.Why is this? Could it be that the difference between nefesh and neshama is really one of sentience.If so, then is it not possible that Adam(as) was really the first self-conscious human being, and that there were not only human forms without human intellect, but pre-human forms that eventually acquired the biological mechanisms( more complex brain,NOT larger brain, for example) required for sentience.

in conclusion, it would seem that the assertion that evolution disproves g-d is false!How can one be so presumptuous to assume that the ONE G_D did not use evolution as the method of creation of life;at least on this planet.It really seems evident the The ONE G_D really did do so.

peace and blessings
assalamu alaikum
shalom aleykom

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think it's "twisting" the Bible to make the interesting observation about human spirits.

You want to see "twisting" the Bible? Watch as a description of what happened that we are told over and over is 100% literal and exhaustive and describes *EXACTLY* what happened is then expanded to include additional, unnamed, children which Eve had but who were never named.

Hebrew culture didn't really count women the way we would today, so they weren't part of the story.

I think it's very instructive to read Augustine's writings on exactly what Genesis means.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes. Some form of 'evolutionary' process is laid out in the Genesis account of creation. Genesis clearly shows that God did not create the universe, our solar system, the earth, and life, all at once in an instant. Scripture, without question, spells out a series of events, over time. The evolution of the universe, our planet and of life, are not spelled out to any great detail in Genesis, but you can clearly an the overall sequence of events. :)

John

Upvote 0
John,
It clearly states it was six days (morning and evening). And it clearly says that God commanded it to pass not random chance. And no evolution has ever been observed or demonstrated (including the fact that there are no transitional forms of any type of animal in the fossil record) The modern science of genetics which Darwin did not have shows the foolishness of the notion of evolution. The Bible is clearly young earth non evolution in its presentation. You can certainly chose to reject the Bible if you want, but don't try to make it say that everything evolved.

Upvote 0
yes, north south east and west. You obviously don't know the art and science of Biblical interpretation, or poetic speach. We certainly know that Jesus doesn't have chicken wings nor are we a bunch of chicks when He says that He would have gathered us as a hen gathers her brood under His wings. There is no reason for believing that God was speaking in metaphore in Genesis 1,2,or 3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by scott
yes, north south east and west. You obviously don't know the art and science of Biblical interpretation, or poetic speach. We certainly know that Jesus doesn't have chicken wings nor are we a bunch of chicks when He says that He would have gathered us as a hen gathers her brood under His wings. There is no reason for believing that God was speaking in metaphore in Genesis 1,2,or 3

Hey look, pal. No need for insults. We disagree, that's fine. But, let's do so in a civil mannor. :)

And to your point about north, south, east and west, that is exactly what I'm talking about. That is an assumption. Does the Bible indicate that the 'four corners' means north, south, east and west? No.... This is called "interpretation". :)

John

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
John,
It clearly states it was six days (morning and evening). And it clearly says that God commanded it to pass not random chance. And no evolution has ever been observed or demonstrated (including the fact that there are no transitional forms of any type of animal in the fossil record) The modern science of genetics which Darwin did not have shows the foolishness of the notion of evolution. The Bible is clearly young earth non evolution in its presentation. You can certainly chose to reject the Bible if you want, but don't try to make it say that everything evolved.

Who mentioned anything about 'random chance'? :scratch: And, before you try to disprove science, you might want to look at all the other threads on this topic.

Furthermore, you are falsely accusing me of rejecting the Bible. You are rejecting my interpretation of the Bible, and I am rejecting your interpretation of the Bible..... Nothing more. Neither of us is rejecting the Bible. :)

John

Upvote 0
Why say God directed evolution when there is no scientific evidence of evolution. In addition if you look at the Biblical account God created the birds on the same day as the fish which is out of order with the evolutionist theory. What, did God tell some of the soup to jump out of the sea and turn into birds. Maybe instead of dinosaurs turning into birds, maybe birds turned into dinosaurs. My God just speaks and they're there. Also if God directed evolution then there must have been death before man ever evolved. The Bible says that death came by Adam at the fall. God looked at his creation and said it was very good. If death was happening for millions of years it was far from being very good. There was no death before the fall. There is not one verse that can counter the verse that death came by Adam.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why say God directed evolution when there is no scientific evidence of evolution.

That's a loaded statement. Care to back it up? Do you honestly believe you can overturn heaps of scientific evidence, and multitudes of international scientists?

Give it your best shot. ;)

My God just speaks and they're there.

And, did (your :scratch: ) God take a literal 24 hours to say the words, "Let there be light."?

Here's something. :) How old was Adam before he died?

Also if God directed evolution then there must have been death before man ever evolved. The Bible says that death came by Adam at the fall. God looked at his creation and said it was very good. If death was happening for millions of years it was far from being very good. There was no death before the fall. There is not one verse that can counter the verse that death came by Adam.

What is the one thing that separates us from the animals?

When you answer these questions, I can continue with my point. :)

John

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Susan, in the years I taught in a youth ministry I had no idea that I was not a Christian. Thank you for determining that I am on the path to hell because I choose not to believe God is lying to me everytime I look at the stars.

Upvote 0

LightBearer

Veteran
Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
✟19,072.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Originally posted by TheBear
Yes. Some form of 'evolutionary' process is laid out in the Genesis account of creation. Genesis clearly shows that God did not create the universe, our solar system, the earth, and life, all at once in an instant. Scripture, without question, spells out a series of events, over time. The evolution of the universe, our planet and of life, are not spelled out to any great detail in Genesis, but you can clearly an the overall sequence of events. :)

John

But this was done under inteligent direction from God through Holy Spirit, not evolutionary forces such as blind chance and  mutations and such.

Evolution as science states it, for example animals evolving from lower creatures is not found in scripture at all.

Upvote 0