Politics
US-Libertarian
9/11/2017

Islamic State executes seven people over cooperation with security

Shabaab targets Mogadishu with series of car bombings | FDD's Long War Journal

Somalia: 20 Killed in Three Separate Attacks

IS Sinai attack 'kills 18 Egyptian police'

Islamic State execute 5 among families caught fleeing Anbar

This thread is only to document attacks by people or groups who self-identify as Muslims. Any flaming of Muslims or Islam in general will be reported and deleted.

Also, moral equivalency arguments will be reported as off-topic.

And before anyone hits the Report button suggesting I am picking on Islam and Muslims, here is the Oxford English Dictionary definition of Islamist:

An advocate or supporter of Islamic militancy or fundamentalism.

‘radical Islamists’
Islamist | Definition of Islamist in English by Oxford Dictionaries

For those who would want to be pedantic over the definition of 'militancy,' here is Oxford on THAT word:

The use of confrontational or violent methods in support of a political or social cause.

‘there are signs of growing militancy among workers’
militancy | Definition of militancy in English by Oxford Dictionaries

Last edited:

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Muslims attacking and killing other Muslims in Muslim countries, that would almost lend some credence to the idea that the people who suffer most from Islamic terrorism are Muslims.

Yes, I feel sorry for them. Surely they outnumber the radicals and can identify radicalizing imams. Why don't they take care of these guys?

Upvote 0

W Johnson

Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
✟19,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I feel sorry for them. Surely they outnumber the radicals and can identify radicalizing imams. Why don't they take care of these guys?

Well, on one hand I think they are trying to take care of them. But even the might of the US Military, it can take a long time to start showing results. I’m sure it is difficult to even tell who the bad guys are until they start shooting.

Not trying to make a moral equivalency argument but here in Michigan a 19 year old kid shot his mom in the head because she would not let him have a puppy. The last line of the news article stated that prior to this; the kid had no criminal history. Well no joke. Most criminals/terrorists didn’t have a history until they committed their first act. The trick is trying to figure out who is going to be a “bad guy” in the future and who is not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Im understanding your point and am not disputing it - but just with kashmir and Jammu - this I would not regard as an islamist terrorism event - though the perps may be islamic, this is really an issue of disputed territory between India and Pakistan, that has existed since partition.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, on one hand I think they are trying to take care of them. But even the might of the US Military, it can take a long time to start showing results. I’m sure it is difficult to even tell who the bad guys are until they start shooting.

Not trying to make a moral equivalency argument but here in Michigan a 19 year old kid shot his mom in the head because she would not let him have a puppy. The last line of the news article stated that prior to this; the kid had no criminal history. Well no joke. Most criminals/terrorists didn’t have a history until they committed their first act. The trick is trying to figure out who is going to be a “bad guy” in the future and who is not.
Thats really true. While major hype occurs when an event happens in Western countries, its really those who live in grinding poverty within islamic nations that are suffering the most on a daily basis. Take Yemen, Iraq ans Syria as prime examples

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Muslims attacking and killing other Muslims in Muslim countries, that would almost lend some credence to the idea that the people who suffer most from Islamic terrorism are Muslims.

Do you have any evidence that the so-called Islamists were Muslims?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well when the United States of America is funding and arming those radicals and saying that the God-ordained government they are fighting against is "evil" and that the USA must take down their democratically elected president, the same one who is fighting against the vile satanic terrorists, it's kinda hard to go up against the USA when you're just a citizen of that unfortunate nation. Thank God that Russia has taken the side of justice and anti-terrorism. It's just too bad that America is funneling my tax dollars to Al Qaeda, the same people who inflicted the 9/11 attacks on America.

Why don't they take care of these guys? They are, it's just a long and difficult process because America is funding and arming terrorism.

Why doesn't America stand by what's right and fight against the same terrorists who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks instead of funding, arming, and training them? That's they question every American should be wondering about.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.