Islamist leaves family. Christmas decorations banned. Evangelist recovering.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,816.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
1823_CHARITYANDHERFAMILY.jpg
Charity's three children

Jan. 17, 2019 | Uganda

Man Abandons Family After Converting to Islam

[20] prayers in [4] nations have been posted for Charity and Her Family.
Facebook Twitter Share this prayer request

When Charity’s husband told her he had become a Muslim, she thought it was a joke. But she knew it was real when he left her and married two Muslim women. He then told Charity that he would continue supporting their children only if they converted to Islam. “My children are Christians, and I cannot give them away to anything,” she told him. “If we starve, it will be OK.” Charity is now responsible for rent, food and school fees for their three children. “I have made a promise not to turn away from Christ, even though the burden is very heavy,” she told a VOM worker. “Please pray for me; I am spent.” Pray for Charity’s strength and for the provision of her daily needs. She also asks us to pray for her family’s salvation.
1822_CHRISTIANSINKUNMING.jpg

Police confronted Early Rain church member who were evangelizing on the street.

Jan. 17, 2019 | China

Officials Ban Christmas Decorations

[11] prayers in [3] nations have been posted for Christians in Kunming.

Officials in at least two Chinese provinces banned Christmas decorations and celebrations last year. Police officials in Kunming, a university town and the capital of Yunnan province, prohibited hotels, karaoke establishments, internet cafes, bars and other venues from displaying Christmas decorations, organizing Christmas events or allowing employees to wear Christmas-related clothing, such as Santa hats. Government officials In Hebei province also prohibited decorations and prohibited the sale of Christmas stockings or Santa figurines. Some Hebei schools prevented students from gathering on Christmas Eve. Pray for Christians in China, as the government continues to restrict religious practice.

1821_DRANJANEYASWAMI.jpg
Dr. Swami is gradually improving after a Hindu extremist attack.

Jan. 17, 2019 | India

Evangelist Recovering Two Years After Attack

[9] prayers in [2] nations have been posted for Dr. Anjaneya Swami.

Two years after an attack by radical Hindus left him nearly comatose, Dr. Anjaneya Swami is gradually improving. The evangelist was hospitalized with a brain hemorrhage in 2017 following the attack and subsequent police interrogation. He had been distributing gospel tracts near a Hindu temple when Hindu nationalists attacked him, accusing him of trying to convert people to Christianity. For most of the next 18 months, he remained paralyzed on his right side and unable to speak. After several surgeries and physical therapy, he is finally beginning to improve. Pray for Dr. Anjaneya’s continued recovery.

Reactions: crossnote

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lord have mercy upon your servants in these nations. Protect and provide for them through the prayers and hands of your people.

I wish there was a way to directly donate to people in situations like Charity is in. This is a problem in virtually every nation in which Islam and Christianity openly coexist, as Islam offers people (particularly men) some 'benefits' that Christianity does not, with its laws regarding marriage, divorce, inheritance, and so on.

Upvote 0