Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The term translated as 'security' is the Arabic word for salvation.

So they attain salvation by doing a Hajj pilgrimage? False religion, just by that.

Have you ever been there? I've been to Israel three times. There were some places (such as the Baha'i gardens in Haifa) where I felt the presence of God and other places (such as the Church of the Holy Sepulchre) where I did not. That might have had something to do with the fact that the priests and monks at Christians sites always seemed to be wanting to shake me down.

I haven't been there, but wish to. I've heard from church members that there's a presence of God there and peace of God.

That wasn't the presence of God you felt in Baha'i gardens. Baha'i is a cult - false religion.

I've seen a lot of so-called miracles at revival meetings but I've never seen that one!

"So-called"? ..... Read about Smith Wigglesworth.. legendary evangelist. Limbs grew back. In Africa, limbs grow back.

We've already talked about the fact that Allah is the Arabic cognate of the Hebrew Eloh. As for Abraham doing a 'hajj pilgrimage' since Muslims believe that Mecca was founded by Ishmael and Abraham who together built the Kaaba, that's pretty funny. When Muslims go on pilgrimage they ritually re-enact the story of Abraham and Ishmael.

Well then the muslims believe wrong. Mecca wasn't founded by Abraham, he wouldn't found such thing. It doesn't matter what they re-enact, because Abraham wasn't a follower of the God of the Qur'an, but a follower of the God of the bible - The God of Israel, and Abraham didn't call God Allah.

I suggest you read the lives the Old Testament Prophets before you make such pronouncements. By your standard none of them were chosen by God.

Muhammad wasn't chosen by God, if he was, he'd lead people to Yeshua, the way the truth and the life.

Quran promotes hatred etc.. Mohammed wasn't chosen by God:

Mohammed (51) married his favorite child bride Aisha when she was 6. (Bukhari 7:62:88)
Mohammed (54) deflowered the nubile Aisha when she was 9. (Bukhari 7:62:88)
Mohammed ordered all dogs to be killed because of a puppy. (Bukhari 4:54:540) (Kitab Al-Libas wa'l-Zinah) Muslim :: Book 24 : Hadith 5248
Mohammed helped behead (Koran 47:4) 600 - 900 captives in one day.

Mohammed and insults against him and Islam (Koran 9:61-:63, 33:57-:58) require death.
(Koran 33:61)
Mohammed had women killed for insulting him. (Asma bint Marwan, Abu ‘Afak, Kab bin Al-Ashraf)
Mohammed orders anyone leaving Islam to be killed. (Koran 2:217, 4:89) (Bukhari 9.84.57)
Mohammed curses his aunt and uncle to hell. (Koran Chapter 111)
Mohammed was made victorious through terror. (Bukhari 4.52.220)

Mohammed had a woman from Ghamid stoned to death for adultery after weaning her baby. (Kitab Al-Hudud) Book 17 : Hadith 4205 and 4206
Mohammed got 20 percent of all stolen property. (Koran 8:41)
Mohammed was spoken to by the devil. (Koran 17:73-:75, 22:52-:53, 53:19-:26)

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
"So-called"? ..... Read about Smith Wigglesworth.. legendary evangelist. Limbs grew back. In Africa, limbs grow back.

and yet, no documented empirical evidence that this occurred. In fact, even when a Messianic Jewish group went looking to find a documented case where someone had an illness or injury and the person was cured in a way that was beyond the understanding of medical science (and limbs growing back would be there) they came away with nothing and had to conclude that such stories were exaggerated or fabricated.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and yet, no documented empirical evidence that this occurred. In fact, even when a Messianic Jewish group went looking to find a documented case where someone had an illness or injury and the person was cured in a way that was beyond the understanding of medical science (and limbs growing back would be there) they came away with nothing and had to conclude that such stories were exaggerated or fabricated.

Smith Wigglesworth was a Man of God, he wouldn't lie about such things. Neither would the guy that got healed.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Smith Wigglesworth was a Man of God, he wouldn't lie about such things. Neither would the guy that got healed.

As I said, there are no documented cases. We have one guy's word who you have now elevated to a position of perfection. People lie to promote their causes all the time, why should I view him as a big exception?

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you've read the Qur'an you'll be in a position to make that judgement. But so far you've not even read the NT.

It's enough that I read the Word of God, to prove the God of the Qur'an is not the God of the bible.

Since you've never been on the hajj, how would you?

Because they don't follow Jesus. Whatever manifesting there is not of God, unless people would be led to Jesus, or anything that makes them lift him up or so, ofcourse.

I don't suppose this might have something to do with the fact that while you've been to revivals, etc. whereas you've never been on the Hajj?

Not sure if I've been to a revival. I've never been on the Hajj, no.

I suggest you read the Autobiography of Malcolm X for an accurate account of what people experience during the Hajj.

Read what I said at the Top of this post.

When you've read the Qur'an you'll be in a position to make that judgement. But so far you've not even read the NT.

I will not read the Qur'an, it has doctrines of demons. It's a Demonic book, it's Anti-Christ.

Ever hear of the Salem witch trials and what Christians did to teenage girls there?

No. Jesus told us to love our neighbor, pray for enemies etc.

Are you serious?

The Qur'an spends more time lauding the Virgin Mary than does the Bible!

Yes I'm serious.

It doesn't say:

Matthew 1:20
But as he was thinking this over, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, Joseph, descendant of David, do not be afraid to take Mary [as] your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of (from, out of) the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1:35
Then the angel said to her, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you [like a shining cloud]; and so the holy (pure, sinless) Thing (Offspring) which shall be born of you will be called the Son of God.

Why would that be a problem from someone who just provided a website of Christian prophets claiming revelations?

The Qur'an took a lot from The book of revelation.

Not sure if they are to be called prophets. You can still receive Words from God, and prophesy. Followers of Yahshua has a relationship with him, unlike Islam etc, which are religions. Born-again Christians can prophesy, and we can have the gift of prophesy.

1 Corinthians 14:1
Eagerly pursue and seek to acquire [this] love [make it your aim, your great quest]; and earnestly desire and cultivate the spiritual endowments (gifts), especially that you may prophesy ( interpret the divine will and purpose in inspired preaching and teaching).

Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, God declares, that I will pour out of My Spirit upon all mankind, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy [ telling forth the divine counsels] and your young men shall see visions ( divinely granted appearances), and your old men shall dream [ divinely suggested] dreams.

Romans 12:6
Having gifts (faculties, talents, qualities) that differ according to the grace given us, let us use them: [He whose gift is] prophecy, [let him prophesy] according to the proportion of his faith;

Sounds like this. I remember when I made friends with people like that back in high school. Luckily, they grew out of it. :)

I didn't get homeschooled, neither am I being it.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
So they attain salvation by doing a Hajj pilgrimage? False religion, just by that.

You're missing the point, Jonathan, but I note you quickly rushed to judgement, 'just by that.'

I haven't been there, but wish to. I've heard from church members that there's a presence of God there and peace of God.

That wasn't the presence of God you felt in Baha'i gardens. Baha'i is a cult - false religion.

No offense, Jonathan, but you have no idea what I felt. The word 'cult' is one of the most misused words in the evangelical vocabulary, as I've discussed elsewhere. You guys use that term to describe anyone you disagree with. Christianity was once a cult.

I'll believe it when I see it, not when I read about it.

Well then the muslims believe wrong. Mecca wasn't founded by Abraham, he wouldn't found such thing.

Once again, you are not in the position to know what Abraham would do or not do.

It doesn't matter what they re-enact, because Abraham wasn't a follower of the God of the Qur'an, but a follower of the God of the bible - The God of Israel, and Abraham didn't call God Allah.

Same God. Allah=Eloh. They are direct cognates. Do you understand what a direct cognate is?

Muhammad wasn't chosen by God, if he was, he'd lead people to Yeshua, the way the truth and the life.

He did. Because of him, one billion Muslims believe in Christ.

Quran promotes hatred etc..

After you actually read the book, as opposed to passages picked out and posted on evangelical hate sites, you will be in the position to make that statement. Before then, you don't know what you are talking about.

Mohammed wasn't chosen by God:

You don't know that.

Mohammed (51) married his favorite child bride Aisha when she was 6. (Bukhari 7:62:88)
Mohammed (54) deflowered the nubile Aisha when she was 9. (Bukhari 7:62:88)

I've already refuted this elsewhere. Yes, most Sunnis believe this but it is based on sources which Shi'ites would not consider legitimate.

Mohammed ordered all dogs to be killed because of a puppy. (Bukhari 4:54:540) /QUOTE]

First off, that hadith says nothing about a puppy. It does say something about killing dogs but given the fact that the hadiths which follow talk about using guard dogs, this only illustrates the problematic nature of hadiths and why they are not reliable sources.

Sorry, but Book
Mohammed helped behead (Koran 47:4) 600 - 900 captives in one day.

Qur'an 47:4 has nothing to do with killing captives. It is about killing people in battle.

Mohammed and insults against him and Islam (Koran 9:61-:63, 33:57-:58) require death.

I suggest you actually read the Qur'an for yourself instead of posting this nonsense from hate-sites. Those verses say nothing of the sort. 9:61-63 is threatening those who oppose Muhammad with hell, not threatening to send them there prematurely. Likewise Surah 33 says God will deal with them, not man.

Mohammed had women killed for insulting him. (Asma bint Marwan, Abu ‘Afak, Kab bin Al-Ashraf)

I hate to break it to you but only one of those people was a woman and she was inciting violence against the Prophet, not merely insulting him.

Mohammed orders anyone leaving Islam to be killed. (Koran 2:217, 4:89)

Not anyone. Those who then turn around and participate in wars against Muslims. Your hate-blog conveniently left out the following verse:

90 Except those who seek refuge with a people between whom and you there is a covenant, or (those who) come unto you because their hearts forbid them to make war on you or make war on their own folk.

(The Qur'an (Pickthall tr), Sura 4 - Women)

I'm getting tired of this. Read the Qur'an for yourself. For that matter, starting reading the Bible for yourself. As Baha'u'llah says:

O SON OF SPIRIT!
The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behooveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes.

(Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words)

Do you really think it is right for people who claim to belong to a religion about love to spread hatred, lies and slander in this manner? Please, don't make yourself a part of this.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single

You've just quoted a lot of Christians claiming to be men of God who are telling all kinds of lies about Islam, so that argument isn't real persuasive. See through your own eyes, and not the eyes of others. Miracles are only evidence for those who actually see or experience them.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
It's enough that I read the Word of God, to prove the God of the Qur'an is not the God of the bible.

All you've read is the garbage that appears on those Islamophobe websties.

Because they don't follow Jesus.

That's like a Jew saying they don't want read the New Testament because Christians don't follow Moses.

I will not read the Qur'an, it has doctrines of demons.

Then I suggest you not comment on what you choose to know nothing about.

It's a Demonic book, it's Anti-Christ.

Wrong. As John says the anti-christ is he who denies Jesus is the Christ. The Qur'an affirms numerous times that Jesus is the Christ. If you'd actually read the book you would know this.

No. Jesus told us to love our neighbor, pray for enemies etc.

What you are spreading here is not love, it is slander and Proverbs has this to say about that:

10:18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

(King James Bible, Proverbs)

Now, I don't think you are deliberately lying or spreading slander but you are repeating it.

It doesn't say:

Matthew 1:20
But as he was thinking this over, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, Joseph, descendant of David, do not be afraid to take Mary [as] your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of (from, out of) the Holy Spirit.

No, it doesn't say anything about Joseph.

Luke 1:35
Then the angel said to her, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you [like a shining cloud]; and so the holy (pure, sinless) Thing (Offspring) which shall be born of you will be called the Son of God.

The Qur'an does indeed affirm the above, which you would know if you actually read the book.

16 And make mention of Mary in the Scripture, when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East,

17 And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our Spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man.

18 She said: Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee, if thou art God- fearing.

19 He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

20 She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste ?

21 He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained.

22 And she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place.

Qur'an: Surah of Maryam

The Qur'an took a lot from The book of revelation.

Before you were insisting that something in the Bible was not in the Qur'an (or so you thought.) Now you are complaining that something in the Bible is in the Qur'an? You do know that Muhammad was illiterate and couldn't read the Bible, even if it was in Arabic (which it was not.)

I didn't get homeschooled, neither am I being it.

Sorry. Usually when I meet a young person who is fairly articulate but seems to naively believe everything he hears as long as it is from their own narrow religion, they have been homeschooled and not exposed to much else.

And when I say 'narrow religion' I'm not talking about Christianity in general. Some forms of Christianity are narrow-minded and others are not. To say you won't read the Qur'an because you've decided ahead of time that it is demonic, is narrow-minded by definition.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
YOu can't assure me that, because the bible says otherwise, and God is true.

No, the only marriage in heaven:

Revelation 19:9
Then [the angel] said to me, Write this down: Blessed (happy, to be envied) are those who are summoned (invited, called) to the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he said to me [further], These are the true words (the genuine and exact declarations) of God.

There are no sexual relations in heaven. Mormons believe in Celestial marriage which refers to a type of marriage which Mormons believe is intended to last beyond the grave and through eternity.

(Mark 12:25) For when they arise from among the dead, [men] do not marry nor are [women] given in marriage, but are like the angels in heaven.

The Bible says the physical laws will be vastly different in heaven. From this description, it is apparent that our current bodies would not be acceptable in such a place.1 The Bible poses the question, "But someone will say, "How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?" (1 Corinthians 15:35). The answer to the question is given in a series of comparisons:2

Bodies in Heaven
Mortal Body Resurrection Body
perishable imperishable
dishonor glory
weak powerful
natural spiritual

To a certain degree, we will be given some of the characteristics of God in heaven.3 Without at least the dimensional characteristics of God, we would not be able to see Him, which the Bible says we will do.3

Contrary to the Mormon view of heaven,4 it doesn't seem that people in heaven will be either male or female. Jesus was asked a complicated question about heaven by the Sadducees (a religious sect that did not believe in the resurrection of the dead) that directly leads us to this conclusion.5 The Sadducees gave a scenario of a woman who married 7 men (sequentially, since they all died prematurely) in her lifetime. They asked whose wife she would be in heaven. Jesus answered:

"You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures, or the power of God. "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. (Matthew 22:29-30)

In other words, there will be no marriage or sexual differences among those in heaven, since reproduction is unnecessary. This concept is supported by other biblical verses that indicate that males and females are spiritually equal.6 The same concept applies to the races.7 I doubt that there will be racial differences in heaven.

1) You are confusing "Heaven" with the Age to Come.

2) The Lord Jesus didn't cease being Jesus, a human male, at His resurrection. His resurrection is as firstfruits, our resurrection will be as His.

3) Our eternal destiny is not in some sky-place called "Heaven", but is rather the resurrection of the body in the Age to Come. It is at the resurrection of the body that mortality shall put on immortality, perishable put on imperishable, that the present soulish body will be raised up a spiritual body (not a body of spirit, but a body guided and governed by spirit/Spirit).

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1) You are confusing "Heaven" with the Age to Come.

2) The Lord Jesus didn't cease being Jesus, a human male, at His resurrection. His resurrection is as firstfruits, our resurrection will be as His.

3) Our eternal destiny is not in some sky-place called "Heaven", but is rather the resurrection of the body in the Age to Come. It is at the resurrection of the body that mortality shall put on immortality, perishable put on imperishable, that the present soulish body will be raised up a spiritual body (not a body of spirit, but a body guided and governed by spirit/Spirit).

-CryptoLutheran

I'm not sure what you mean about 2) ?? Isn't Jesus God?

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No offense, Jonathan, but you have no idea what I felt. The word 'cult' is one of the most misused words in the evangelical vocabulary, as I've discussed elsewhere. You guys use that term to describe anyone you disagree with. Christianity was once a cult.

Christianity was not once a cult. You didn't feel the presence of God. The presence of God is not in a place like Baha'i gardens. Unless something by God was about to happen, like a conversion to Jesus. Baha'i has doctrines of demons, so the presence of God is not there unless something like I said was about happen, or similar. It's The Holy Spirit that gives the presence of God. Baha'i people aren't led by the Holy Spirit, if they follow, teach doctrines of false teachers and/or prophets like Baha'u'llah Muhammad etc.

Once again, you are not in the position to know what Abraham would do or not do.

Yes I am. He didn't follow the God of the Quran who chose Muhammad, so he didn't do that.

Same God. Allah=Eloh. They are direct cognates. Do you understand what a direct cognate is?

No I don't understand. It's not same God, our God didn't chose Muhammad. He's a false prophet.

He did. Because of him, one billion Muslims believe in Christ.

They don't believe in him. Read the verses below. Otherwise, they'd be reading the bible which is The Word of God.

John 3:16
For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

John 3:36
And he who believes in (has faith in, clings to, relies on) the Son has (now possesses) eternal life. But whoever disobeys (is unbelieving toward, refuses to trust in, disregards, is not subject to) the Son will never see (experience) life, but [instead] the wrath of God abides on him. [God’s displeasure remains on him; His indignation hangs over him continually.]

I hate to break it to you but only one of those people was a woman and she was inciting violence against the Prophet, not merely insulting him.

The bible makes it clear Muhammad is a false prophet.

Mark 13:22
False Christs (Messiahs) and false prophets will arise and show signs and [work] miracles to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (those God has chosen out for Himself).

Not anyone. Those who then turn around and participate in wars against Muslims. Your hate-blog conveniently left out the following verse:

I don't have a blog, and I don't hate people.

Do you really think it is right for people who claim to belong to a religion about love to spread hatred, lies and slander in this manner? Please, don't make yourself a part of this.

I don't hate people. Also, I repented. I confessed slander to Jesus.

Wrong. As John says the anti-christ is he who denies Jesus is the Christ. The Qur'an affirms numerous times that Jesus is the Christ. If you'd actually read the book you would know this.

Some questions:

1. Do Muslims believe Jesus is God? (John 1:1, John 8:24, Phil 2:6)
2. That he has become man and has come in the flesh>(That he was God in the flesh)?
(John 1:14, 1 John 4:2)?

3. Do they believe in the atonement? (Rom 3:25, 1 Cor 6:11, Heb 2:17)?
4. Imputation of divine righteousness to the ungodly through faith alone apart from any works. (Romans 4:3–6).
5. Saved by grace through faith, as a gift of God? (Eph 2:8).
6. "....Justified ( acquitted, made righteous, and brought into right relationship with God) by Christ’s blood,...." (Rom 5:9).
7. (1 John 1:9) If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].
8. Resurrection of Jesus? Jesus as Lord? (Matt 28:6, Rom 10:9).

Do they believe in all this? Also, do you?
No?:

1 Timothy 6:3-4
3 But if anyone teaches otherwise and does not assent to the sound and wholesome messages of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and the teaching which is in agreement with godliness (piety toward God),
4 He is puffed up with pride and stupefied with conceit, [although he is] woefully ignorant. He has a morbid fondness for controversy and disputes and strife about words, which result in (produce) envy and jealousy, quarrels and dissension, abuse and insults and slander, and base suspicions,

What you are spreading here is not love, it is slander and Proverbs has this to say about that:

10:18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

(King James Bible, Proverbs)

Now, I don't think you are deliberately lying or spreading slander but you are repeating it.

I repented, sorry.

No, it doesn't say anything about Joseph.
The Qur'an does indeed affirm the above, which you would know if you actually read the book.

Then that's another reason why it's false, since it contradicts the bible.

Before you were insisting that something in the Bible was not in the Qur'an (or so you thought.) Now you are complaining that something in the Bible is in the Qur'an? You do know that Muhammad was illiterate and couldn't read the Bible, even if it was in Arabic (which it was not.)

Read verses below.

Sorry. Usually when I meet a young person who is fairly articulate but seems to naively believe everything he hears as long as it is from their own narrow religion, they have been homeschooled and not exposed to much else.

Not religion.

And when I say 'narrow religion' I'm not talking about Christianity in general. Some forms of Christianity are narrow-minded and others are not. To say you won't read the Qur'an because you've decided ahead of time that it is demonic, is narrow-minded by definition.

You have to stop reading the Qur'an and those Baha'i scripture, Zoroaster, Buddha, etc. They are false prophets and/or teachers. Read 1 Cor 3:17, 1 Tim 6:3-4 and Eph 4:14 below.

1 Corinthians 3:17
If anyone does hurt to God’s temple or corrupts it [ with false doctrines] or destroys it, God will do hurt to him and bring him to the corruption of death and destroy him. For the temple of God is holy (sacred to Him) and that [temple] you [ the believing church and its individual believers] are.

3 But if anyone teaches otherwise and does not assent to the sound and wholesome messages of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and the teaching which is in agreement with godliness (piety toward God),
4 He is puffed up with pride and stupefied with conceit, [although he is] woefully ignorant. He has a morbid fondness for controversy and disputes and strife about words, which result in (produce) envy and jealousy, quarrels and dissension, abuse and insults and slander, and base suspicions,

I have proof it's demonic:

Ephesians 4:14
So then, we may no longer be children, tossed [like ships] to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, [the prey of] the cunning and cleverness of unscrupulous men, [gamblers engaged] in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead.

Titus 1:9-10
9 He must hold fast to the sure and trustworthy Word of God as he was taught it, so that he may be able both to give stimulating instruction and encouragement in sound (wholesome) doctrine and to refute and convict those who contradict and oppose it [showing the wayward their error].
10 For there are many disorderly and unruly men who are idle (vain, empty) and misleading talkers and self-deceivers and deceivers of others. [This is true] especially of those of the circumcision party [who have come over from Judaism].

2 Peter 2:1
But also [in those days] there arose false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among yourselves, who will subtly and stealthily introduce heretical doctrines (destructive heresies), even denying and disowning the Master Who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to and different from that which we preached to you, let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)!

2 Cor 11:12-15
12 But what I do, I will continue to do, [for I am determined to maintain this independence] in order to cut off the claim of those who would like [to find an occasion and incentive] to claim that in their boasted [mission] they work on the same terms that we do.
13 For such men are false apostles [spurious, counterfeits], deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles (special messengers) of Christ (the Messiah).
14 And it is no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light;
15 So it is not surprising if his servants also masquerade as ministers of righteousness. [But] their end will correspond with their deeds.

1 Timothy 4:1-5
4 But the [Holy] Spirit distinctly and expressly declares that in latter times some will turn away from the faith, giving attention to deluding and seducing spirits and doctrines that demons teach,
2 Through the hypocrisy and pretensions of liars whose consciences are seared (cauterized),
3 Who forbid people to marry and [teach them] to abstain from [certain kinds of] foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and have [an increasingly clear] knowledge of the truth.
4 For everything God has created is good, and nothing is to be thrown away or refused if it is received with thanksgiving.
5 For it is hallowed and consecrated by the Word of God and by prayer.

1 Corinthians 5:6
[About the condition of your church] your boasting is not good [indeed, it is most unseemly and entirely out of place]. Do you not know that [just] a little leaven will ferment the whole lump [of dough]?

Galatians 5:9
A little leaven (a slight inclination to error, or a few false teachers) leavens the whole lump [it perverts the whole conception of faith or misleads the whole church].

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

So I have a morbid fondness for controversy, strife, and such because I do not believe in Jesus?

or is Paul talking about people within the Church here? I am honestly not sure.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I have a morbid fondness for controversy, strife, and such because I do not believe in Jesus?

Yes. If that's what it says.

Read.. More in context I believe.

1 Timothy 6:1-6
1 Let all who are under the yoke as bond servants esteem their own [personal] masters worthy of honor and fullest respect, so that the name of God and the teaching [about Him] may not be brought into disrepute and blasphemed.
2 Let those who have believing masters not be disrespectful or scornful [to them] on the grounds that they are brothers [in Christ]; rather, they should serve [them all the better] because those who benefit by their kindly service are believers and beloved. Teach and urge these duties.
3 But if anyone teaches otherwise and does not [a]assent to the sound and wholesome messages of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and the teaching which is in agreement with godliness (piety toward God),
5 And protracted wrangling and wearing discussion and perpetual friction among men who are corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, who imagine that godliness or righteousness is a [c]source of profit [a moneymaking business, a means of livelihood]. From such withdraw.
6 [And it is, indeed, a source of immense profit, for] godliness accompanied with contentment (that contentment which is a sense of [d]inward sufficiency) is great and abundant gain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟10,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can't assure me that, because the bible says otherwise, and God is true.

What you overlook is that God updates His teachings to us periodically, and His newest teachings make quite explicit what I said above! Further, I will add this:

"Heaven and hell are conditions within our own beings."
--(From a letter written on behalf of the head of the Baha'i Faith to an individual believer, November 14, 1947.)

Baha'i has doctrines of demons

Only partially true (as usual)!

These doctrines do indeed exist, but what they in fact SAY is that because God is One, Supreme, and has no rival or equal! There is thus no "devil" out there competing with Him.

Further, "satan" merely refers to our own lower (animal) nature when we give it control instead of our higher (spiritual) nature.

Baha'i is a cult - false religion.

Simply false, as is shown here!:

Based on Combating Cult Mind Control" by Steven Hassan, here are the criteria for determining "cults":

1. How new members are found.

Dangerous Cults: With many cults, you don't get to know what you are getting into until after you have made a commitment.

Baha'i Faith: What you see is what you get: there are no secrets.

2. How funding is obtained.

Dangerous Cults: Commercial operations and/or mandatory donations (often large percentages) by members.

Baha'i Faith: Has no commercial businesses, collection plates are never passed, and donations are completely voluntary and accepted from enrolled members only.

3. Charismatic central figure.

Dangerous Cults: Cults usually have a central living figure who often lives on income from adherents.

Baha'i Faith: There is no living central figure in the Baha'i Faith (and there has been none since 1957); government is by bodies freely elected from the membership. There is no clergy, paid or unpaid.

4. Investigation of truth.

Dangerous Cults: Members are often told that it is dangerous to investigate other religions.

Baha'i Faith: Baha'is are encouraged to investigate all religions, and to appreciate truth no matter where it is found.

5. Behavior control, as defined by Hassan. *

Dangerous Cults: Persons may be told where to live, what to wear, or what (and how much) to eat. Sleep and freedom to travel or move about may be limited.

Baha'i Faith: Baha'is do not live in communes, but in the world as normal individuals and families. They wear no special or required clothing. The religion has no food requirements other than abstaining from alcohol, and the annual nineteen-day fast during which food and drink is not consumed during daylight hours only. Baha'is may get as much sleep as they want, eat whatever they want, work and live where they want.

6. Thought control as defined by Hassan. *

Dangerous Cults: There is often use of "thought-stopping" techniques such as chanting or speaking in tongues for long periods of time, setting up a type of hypnotic atmosphere.

Baha'i Faith: Chanting and prayer are not prolonged, nor is their intent to block thought. There is no speaking in tongues. Thought and investigation are encouraged.

7. Emotional control, as defined by Hassan. *

Dangerous Cults: Guilt and fear are often used to control members, including alternating praise and public humiliation or forced confession, and indoctrination against leaving the group.

Baha'i Faith: Confession to and humiliation of others are forbidden. Members are free to leave the Faith at any time if they so choose, without stigma.

8. What happens when people leave the religion.

Dangerous Cults: People who leave cults are often considered to be dangerous and are usually shunned.

Baha'i Faith: Baha'is are generally permitted and encouraged to remain friends with people who leave. The only exception is in the case of a person declared to be a "Covenant breaker" by the Universal House of Justice due to an attempt to split the Baha'i Faith. There is no condemnation of those who voluntarily choose to leave.

o O o

* Hassan, Steven, Combating Cult Mind Control, Park Street Press, One Park Street, Rochester, Vermont 05767, 1988, ISBN 0-89281-311-3. "The Four Components of Mind Control", pages 59-67.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟10,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't get homeschooled....

Then given your hatred of novels and fiction, it would be most interesting to know how you're planning on getting through school or university, and how you expect to graduate given your stated total rejection of non-Biblical literature!

Bruce

Upvote 0