Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Poisoning the well in this instance is where instead of dealing with the veracity of what he says (see video in the OP) one questions him based on something he said somewhere else.

Just say I said "Aliens run my government". If I then said "The sky is blue" the fact I was wrong one time doesn't mean that I'm going to be wrong every time.

Yes, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. But one normally doesn't look to one if they want the correct time.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Paganism, broadly defined, refers to non-Abrahamic religions which adheres to some form of polytheistic belief structure.

The Latin word paganus referred to peasants, people who dealt in the countryside. It came to be applied to polytheists because people in the urban areas, both in Christendom and the Islamic world, tended to convert to the monotheistic religions before those in the rural areas.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I've no idea what point you're trying to make. Are you saying Moslems aren't allowed to be critical of Christians on this issue? They say in the Koran we (or perhaps 'some other Christians') worship God the Father, Jesus the Son, and Mary the Mother.
It's why they call us 'unbelievers' and say that they shouldn't be 'close friends' with Christians

No, that's not why. Muslims were discouraged from forming alliances (not close friendships) with Christians over Muslims because it was assumed Muslims would be more trustworthy.

And your arguments for the Hand of God being tied up are duly noted. As Loammi has pointed out, most Jews have gotten over thinking that way.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
It is an undeniable fact of history that before Muhammed was born, the moon god "al-Ilah" (Allah) had three daughters named al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat.

It is an undeniable fact that the pre-Islamic Arabs thought God had three daughters as you named them, but Allah was considered the High God, not a moon god. The notion of the High God having three daughters goes back to Mesopotamia where the Sky/Storm god was thought to have three daughters. Originally Yahweh was the name of the Canaanite storm god, so seeing the storm god as the High God seems to have been nearly universal among semitic peoples. But never was this god associated with the moon.

The Qur'an, of course, strongly condemned the notion that God had three daughters in the same language in which it will later condemn the belief that Jesus was literally begotten by God.

As Muhammad grew weary from evangelizing his new religion with little success, he was tricked by the devil into adding a verse in the Koran that commanded Muslims to pray to Allah's three pagan daughters Lat, Uzza and Manat.

Actually, the notion of these 'satanic verses' is based upon a hadith which not regarded as reliable because its chain of transmission cannot be verified.

In other words, there is no real evidence this ever happened.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
No shortage of that, but to me, it doesn't sound like something a modern 16 year old would just google, read, accept, and parrot it so unquestionably.

They might if they have been home schooled.

Our young friend strikes me as incredibly naive, the kind of naivete one often finds with home schoolers who have not had much access to the real world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe it would be in keeping with Jesus' message if, say, one tried to take what Jesus said and argue that even though a woman is stuck in a violent, abusive marriage she simply has to "put up with it". That would be completely contradictory to the heart of Jesus' message,

Indeed, what Jesus said about divorce was intended to protect women not to make them vulnerable to abuse.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
The decision, recorded in Acts 15, is that non-Jewish Christians were to be bound only by the Noachide laws.

Yes, although Paul didn't see even that as absolutely necessary. In Corinthians he urges people to follow it so as not to be stumbling block.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
They might if they have been home schooled.

Our young friend strikes me as incredibly naive, the kind of naivete one often finds with home schoolers who have not had much access to the real world.

Sounds like this. I remember when I made friends with people like that back in high school. Luckily, they grew out of it. :)

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
You're not our brother/sister.

That's not evidence at all. The Quran was written after the bible![

Why would that be a problem from someone who just provided a website of Christian prophets claiming revelations?

Wine: Good or bad? Strong drink and ... are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. [Sura 5:90, also Sura 2:219]. Yet on the other hand in Paradise are rivers of wine [Sura 47:15, also Suras 83:22,25]. How does Satan's handiwork get into Paradise?

Did it ever occur to you that the wine of paradise might not be literal alcohol?

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
The God of the Quran is not the same as the God of the bible. I never hear the God of the Quran being loving or so.

When you've read the Qur'an you'll be in a position to make that judgement. But so far you've not even read the NT.

IRAN HANGS 16-YEAR OLD GIRL

Ever hear of the Salem witch trials and what Christians did to teenage girls there?

This tell us something about current Iran, not the Qur'an or God.

Under Islamic law
females are executed for adultery/premarital sex.
Males are not. ??

If you knew anything about the shariah you would know that the same penalty applies to males as females for adultery. However, the death penalty is for adultery is not Qur'anic.

The 16 year old girl told the religious judge, Haji Rezaii, a fundamentalist Muslim cleric, that he should punish the main perpetrators of moral corruption, rather than punish the victims. She took off her headscarf and insisted that she was the victim of an older man's advances. But, her courageous defence angered the judge, who also severely criticised her dress by harshly reprimanding her. The judge then sentenced her to death.

Which proves the judge is a jerk, that is all.

The Arab culture is an excuse to demonize and dehumanize women and young girls!

I hate to break it to you, but Iranians are not Arabs.

Get away from Islam! It is Lucifer's weapon against women, he hates women because a woman gave birth to Yahushua the Messiah, the real Son of God!

Are you serious?

The Qur'an spends more time lauding the Virgin Mary than does the Bible!

According to many interpretations of the Qur'an (aka: Koran), conversion to a faith other than Islam is punishable by death, in the Koran he says his god is the same of Jews, yet then changes and says anyone who doesn't worship in Islam is punishable by death.

Okay, you are confusing two different things. There are verses in the Qur'an which indicate that the penalty for apostasy is death. It makes an acception in the case of those who do not join forces against Islam. The context here was Muslims changing sides militarily to support the pagans. Nowhere does the Qur'an indicate that people can be killed just for not being Muslims.

Muslim activists in the West have been using the tactic of claiming that they worship the same god as the Christians in order to gain legitimacy and acceptance. They have been using the name "God" in place of "Allah" in many translations of the Qur'an.

It is not Muslim 'activists' who are doing this but anyone who knows that Allah is just the Arabic word for God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
If a person is poor and can't afford do Hajj, will he go to hell then?

No, the hajj is not obligatory on those who can't afford it.

I don't see the Power of God manifesting, at Hajj, at Kaaba, shouldn't it be?

Since you've never been on the hajj, how would you?

However, at Christian crusades, revivals and conferences. Even during worship. People are healed. People fall to the floor <Power of God. People get filled with tears. People are delivered from demon possession.
I don't see such Joy in Islam.

I don't suppose this might have something to do with the fact that while you've been to revivals, etc. whereas you've never been on the Hajj?

I suggest you read the Autobiography of Malcolm X for an accurate account of what people experience during the Hajj.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
So one who can't afford a Hajj pilgrimage is a disbeliever? Doesn't make sense.

You need to read that ayat more carefully. It says precisely the opposite.

Attains security? That's all?

The term translated as 'security' is the Arabic word for salvation.

In whole Israel, you can feel the presence of God, and the peace of his Holy Spirit.

Have you ever been there? I've been to Israel three times. There were some places (such as the Baha'i gardens in Haifa) where I felt the presence of God and other places (such as the Church of the Holy Sepulchre) where I did not. That might have had something to do with the fact that the priests and monks at Christians sites always seemed to be wanting to shake me down.

Jesus makes limbs grow back

I've seen a lot of so-called miracles at revival meetings but I've never seen that one!

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Haha, Abraham didn't do a Hajj pilgrimage. He didn't believe in Allah either.

We've already talked about the fact that Allah is the Arabic cognate of the Hebrew Eloh. As for Abraham doing a 'hajj pilgrimage' since Muslims believe that Mecca was founded by Ishmael and Abraham who together built the Kaaba, that's pretty funny. When Muslims go on pilgrimage they ritually re-enact the story of Abraham and Ishmael.

Muhammad was suicidal. If he was truly chosen by God, he would have peace.

I suggest you read the lives the Old Testament Prophets before you make such pronouncements. By your standard none of them were chosen by God.

Upvote 0

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟10,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Heaven is a spiritual place; there's no place for filthiness like that, fleshly activities like [sex].

On the contrary:

Heaven isn't a place; it's the CONDITION of spiritual nearness to God!

Please note that as such, Heaven exists here and now AS WELL AS after death, and everyone is in either Heaven or hell at each moment as a function of "where their heads are at."

And I can assure you that married couples currently living here in Heaven most certainly can and do have sexual relations!

Q. E. D..

Bruce

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

On the contrary:

Heaven isn't a place; it's the CONDITION of spiritual nearness to God!

Please note that as such, Heaven exists here and now AS WELL AS after death, and everyone is in either Heaven or hell at each moment as a function of "where their heads are at."

And I can assure you that married couples currently living here in Heaven most certainly can and do have sexual relations!

Q. E. D..

Bruce

YOu can't assure me that, because the bible says otherwise, and God is true.

No, the only marriage in heaven:

Revelation 19:9
Then [the angel] said to me, Write this down: Blessed (happy, to be envied) are those who are summoned (invited, called) to the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he said to me [further], These are the true words (the genuine and exact declarations) of God.

There are no sexual relations in heaven. Mormons believe in Celestial marriage which refers to a type of marriage which Mormons believe is intended to last beyond the grave and through eternity.

(Mark 12:25) For when they arise from among the dead, [men] do not marry nor are [women] given in marriage, but are like the angels in heaven.

The Bible says the physical laws will be vastly different in heaven. From this description, it is apparent that our current bodies would not be acceptable in such a place.1 The Bible poses the question, "But someone will say, "How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?" (1 Corinthians 15:35). The answer to the question is given in a series of comparisons:2

Bodies in Heaven
Mortal Body Resurrection Body
perishable imperishable
dishonor glory
weak powerful
natural spiritual

To a certain degree, we will be given some of the characteristics of God in heaven.3 Without at least the dimensional characteristics of God, we would not be able to see Him, which the Bible says we will do.3

Contrary to the Mormon view of heaven,4 it doesn't seem that people in heaven will be either male or female. Jesus was asked a complicated question about heaven by the Sadducees (a religious sect that did not believe in the resurrection of the dead) that directly leads us to this conclusion.5 The Sadducees gave a scenario of a woman who married 7 men (sequentially, since they all died prematurely) in her lifetime. They asked whose wife she would be in heaven. Jesus answered:

"You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures, or the power of God. "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. (Matthew 22:29-30)

In other words, there will be no marriage or sexual differences among those in heaven, since reproduction is unnecessary. This concept is supported by other biblical verses that indicate that males and females are spiritually equal.6 The same concept applies to the races.7 I doubt that there will be racial differences in heaven.

Upvote 0