• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Islam Pagan

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by Jonathan95, Apr 13, 2012.

1. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    Jonathan, I have a PhD in Middle East and South Asia history. I know what things are fertility symbols and which ones aren't. This guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

He used the Aramaic cognate:

"Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?"

Eloi is Allahi in Arabic.

Yes. The only way a stone can be a phallic symbol is if you carve something out of it, like Hindus do with their Lingayats. The Black Stone has never been carved into anything.

2. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    Sounds like a good reason not to watch that video!

3. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    And you know this how?

4. Jonathan95

Jonathan95 Veteran

+68
    Christian
    Single

5. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    Like so many Christians he is apparently unaware that Lucifer is a reference to the king of Babylon, not Satan.

14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased! 14:5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.

14:6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

14:7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

14:8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

14:10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us? 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

(King James Bible, Isaiah)

6. Jonathan95

Jonathan95 Veteran

+68
    Christian
    Single
    So the king of babylon was a Cherub?

7. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,201
    Judaism
    Married
    Where does it say he was a Cherub?

8. Jonathan95

Jonathan95 Veteran

+68
    Christian
    Single
    He didn't call upon the God of the Qur'an which is Allah.

People reported how they got abducted by aliens and when they called upon Jesus name, they were delivered.

9. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    I think it is called adolescence.

10. Jonathan95

Jonathan95 Veteran

+68
    Christian
    Single
    Sorry that was Ezekiel 28:14.

11. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,201
    Judaism
    Married
    I firmly believe most alien abduction stories are the products of imagination. Just like ghost stories, most of them happen at night when a person is awakened from sleep. This could be a form of sleep paralysis.

12. Jonathan95

Jonathan95 Veteran

+68
    Christian
    Single
    What are we going to walk on then? It's a Holy city, so the streets are of gold, makes sense.

13. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    Must have been the old style of cartoons which were really violent. My mother wouldn't let my foster-brother watch the Three Stooges because he would start trying to imitate their behavior.

14. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    Why do we need to worry about walking if heaven is spiritual?

15. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,201
    Judaism
    Married
  16. Jonathan95

Jonathan95 Veteran

+68
    Christian
    Single
    It can still be spiritual. Maybe I had another picture of the word Spiritual in my mind.

17. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    Revelation isn't exactly a valid source for a Jew.

If they are that much suppressed they are bound to come out in your dreams.

So if your father desires to have sex with your mother that is a sin?

Okay, but that's different from having desires and dreams.

Choosing not to act on your sexual desires before marriage is commendable, but pretending you don't have any will create all kinds of problems for you emotionally.

18. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    Jonathan, it is not the black stone which is a cube. The Kaaba (which means cube) is the square building within which the Black Stone is embedded.

I think you are confusing the two.

19. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    Muslims use arches as entrances to mosques not mandorlas. A mandorla is arched at both the top and the bottom, making it not real useful as a doorway.

The reason Muslims use arches is the same reason the Roman's invented them. They bear more weight than straight door way.

As for mandorlas they are mostly associated with medieval Christianity and sometimes Buddhism, but I don't consider Christianity to be pagan because they used them. As for that silver thing which protects the black stone, I doubt very seriously if Arabs even had mandorlas in mind when they made that. It seems to serve a very practical purpose.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  20. smaneck

smaneck Baha'i

+2,934
    Baha'i
    Single
    Dang, Booko. No wonder you're stressed!